Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Barbara,

You are in my prayers.

Well ladies, I am losing very slowly and as of this morning I am at 198 and that is a total of 20 lbs lost since surgery day. My mother just keep mentioning all the people that she is hearing of that had the gastric bypass and have lost a lot of weight already and that's got me fuming, she also emails me diet pill adds and diets that she hears of. I am 32 and I dieted since I was 12. I tried to explain to her how lap band works and how my body works but it is like talking to a wall, they (my dad also) don't listen, I guess they thought I would have this done and a month later I would be down to 100 lbs and because ths has not happened they are frustrated. I am too and so it is a touchy subject for me since I am frustrated already about it.

Sorry about the rant but I am really frustrated.

Hey everyone, just thought i would check in. I haven't been at work in a couple of weeks. I have been getting DH settled in his brain injury rehab, he is living there for a while. So been quite busy!

Happy Valentines to all you lovely ladies!!!

I did 2 TV interviews in the last 2 weeks for my doctor on the lapband. The 1st one will air locally here in TX on March 8th at 5:00 on ABC, the 2nd I am not sure when the air date is, I was interviewed by Doug Louellen (used to do interviews for the peoples court). Anyway when that one airs it will be on CNN. Can you believe it CNN!!!! I just wish I was down the 15 I have gained but oh well, no time in my life to worry to much about that....

Stress has me really tight these days, so I am eating the wrong things just to get some food in me, LOL, bad I know.

I will check in when I can!!!

Way to go Reginia. We can say we knew you when. :thumbup:

Keep us informed about you and your hubby. Sounds like he will get the help he needs. Prayers going your way.

Barbara4 - Great news. Ditto on that band thing. I can't seem to allow myself to be hungry.

Regina - Keep us posted on than CNN interview. How exciting!!!!

Still praying for you and your family.

Bless me Junebies, for I have sinned.........

Listen, I may be at goal, but I am still a food addict and I need support from all of you to stay there! Being unfilled sucks and hunger is rearing it's lion's head. I may only have had a fill of .6cc, but it made a big difference in my hunger. All I want is birthday cake and nacho cheese Doritos! Yesterday I ate my weight in chocolate. The "good" thing is I was punished severely by a case of diarrhea! So, hopefully I will learn from that experience. I plan to go get a fill again next week.

Anyway, I know you are all very busy and maybe you have nothing positive to report, but I for one need this room! I need you all to share your stories-successes and struggles. It helps me more than you know. Please post if you can and let us know how you are doing.

Hey Everyone!

Sorry I haven't been online in awhile. Ofcourse, BUSY, BUSY, BUSY with work. And last week when I actually had some free time, someone cut the cable line so I was out internet service most of the week.

Cathy --You are in my prayers. I personally know how difficult it is to have a loved one with a substance abuse problem. You are welcome to PM me anytime to vent. I have been through more than you can imagine.

Barb4 --great news on the lab results. Glad to hear that it turned out in a positive way. keep us up to date on your band and fills.

Regina --Congrats on the CNN interview. Please let us know when it will air. I can't wait to see it. I am also happy that your DH is getting the medical support he needs to get stronger and healthier.

Socalgal --hang in there. You will make it to your next fill. Go back to some of the basics and techniques that you were losing to get the weight off. We are all here with you.

I am still stuck at 192# I was so hoping to be 189 before March 1. I know there is still time but it seems like such a short time. I hope that once I get in the 180s things will start to move for me a bit faster. My past history of weight loss has shown this pattern but it has never taken me this long to get to 180. But then again, I never weighed so much before I started to lose weight.

I hope to hear from everyone soon.

Take care!

Melissa

I've given my "new life" a lot of thought. One size and 8 pounds up (looks like 20 to me) and I feel the same as I did at a size 22 (plus).

Having another fill isn't out of the question, but I'd like to try for one more week to regain control. If not, I'll accept the fill.

Family issues - some are better, some not, but there's always hope. Some of DD's problems are being taken care of, but the new bf is fading away and she is major depressed and I'm worried. Please send Julie your prayers and thoughts today.

Condo still isn't sold. It will be in a realtor's hands by this evening.

Life goes on. Treating it's ailments with food is a lifelong battle.

Ok, the day isn't over, but its been much better calorie wise! I opted for several small meals since hunger is rampant! I had some Curves Cereal for Breakfast, homemade chicken salad(breast meat, celery, red onion, etc.) for one lunch, Soup for another lunch, egg salad for dinner and I just had a snack of grapefruit. Okay, I sprinkled sugar on the grapefruit, but I swear, it was super sour and needed it! I've been drinking Protein Water hoping it helps keep me full. I have had all my liquids, my Iron, my Vitamins, my Fiber supplement and my Viactiv. All that and it's only 6:30pm! I hope I can make it through the evening. I'm gonna watch Biggest Loser for inspiration and try to ride my stationery bike. I will listen to my hypnosis CD before bed. I haven't been listening to it lately. Another thing, I had to have my rings resized! The bad part was it will cost me $50! grrrr Okay, that is my check-in. I am still waiting to hear from some of you....(YES! That means the BARBS!!) teeheehee Thanks for listening to my drivel...

Hi,

My name is Michelle and I was banded in June 2006. For the last year I was having problems with my band. My doctor ended up going back in and fixing it. It seems it slipped. Well I haven't had a fill since my surgery(fixing the band) Jan 08. I am so afraid I am going to experience the same reflux. It was awful. At night when I laid down I couln't stop the liquid from coming up. Well thats my story. This is my first time posting and I am looking forward to talking to friends who have the band. ( I don't know anybody who has the band)

Michelle

banded 6-6-06

:)

Welcome Michelle! I know exactly how you feel because I went through the same thing last year. Don't be afraid to get a fill, as that really is the key to weight loss with the band. You shouldn't have the reflux now that things are fixed. Hopefully your surgery date wasn't a curse! J/K

Anyhoo....where are you people?! I am going to keep posting and annoying you all until you post!!! I've been good so far today. A Jamba juice Light with Protein for breakfast, a Protein Bar and some Thai Stir-Fry(chicken, celery, carrot, onion, mushrooms, etc.) Vitamins, Water, etc. I hope you all are staying on plan with me in spirit at least!!

With guilt in hand I'm checking in. :smile2:

Having major head issues and some band issues. Had a 3 hour PB session last night. First one in a week. I am getting hard stops and can usually just stop and no PB. Last night I think I might really have gotten stuck on a piece of apple, attached to a slice of apple pie, and that's what started it. I'm just keeping it real!

I'm not eating right, not exercising, and not loving the band right now. Of course, I'm not loving much of anything. My blood work came back OK so I'm perplexed as to what is going on with me. My emotions are on my sleeve and I can't seem to cope with much. Taking deep breaths and trying to chill.

So aren't you glad you asked us to check in? :tongue2:)

Thanks Socalgal. I made an appt for a fill. I hope it kick starts me into loosing weight again. I am stuck at 177. My goal is 150. ( I too laugh at my surgery date :blushing: Thanks for you words of encouragement.

Michelle

Ok guys. Another post. But this one is very needed. I am asking for some HUGE prayers and good thoughts sent my family's way. My cousin, who was one year younger than me, committed suicide today. We were very close. She was more like a sister to me lately since neither of my sisters talk to me anymore. She had a great husband, 2 beautiful kids, a wonderful house and she knew the Lord. We simply can't understand how things got so bad that she would shoot herself. I'm still in shock, but I believe that God will hear our prayers to have mercy on her and to bring comfort to those she left behind.

Sending prayers your way. It is so difficult for those left behind to put some sense to why someone commits suicide. Let's pray that she is at peace now and that her demons are removed. Her family will need you now.