Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I missed you guys. I'm back from my travels. It was fun. The band gave me a few challenges, but most of the time was OK. I've found when I'm relaxed and drink I can eat anything. :cool2: I was going to go for a fill, but need to wait until my system settles back down. I now have a upper respiratory infection I'm sure as a result of being tired and airplane air.

I am definitely one that gets tight after flying. Both coming and going I had issues for a few days until the swelling goes down. I am getting signals when I'm full sometimes. This is a first for me. I stop, but usually in pain for a while. I can handle that, just not the slimming and PBing. My PBs have gotten more violent since I started with this band.

No weight loss. I've gained 13 lbs from my lowest over the last few months. It makes a huge difference in my clothes. I can't get into some of the things I was wearing. One thing I notice is we get "fluffy" when we gain. Its very strange.

OK time for me to get back to basics and get with the program. No exercise in months and that is one of my problems.

Hope all are doing well.

Hi Everyone! It's good to hear from some of you that we haven't heard from in a while. I know that life gets busy. I have been crazy busy with work and in the process of buying a house. I am so ready to pull my hair out. I reached a new milestone today on the scale, down to 185 pounds. I hope the weight loss momentum continues in my favor as things have been moving so slowly for me.

Pinky and socalgal --good luck with your fills. I am sure that you both will have a very positive weight loss journey in no time.

Barb --welcome back from your travels. Where all did you go again? Good luck with your fill when you body settles down and you are able to get one.

Has anyone heard from Barb12??? I think she must have fallen off the face of the earth :frown:. I hope she and others drop by soon and say hello!!!

Melissa Lea

I ate solids the day of my fill and acid reflux was impossible to tone down. I went for unfill and am back to 2.0. Not hungry - yet. Too bad, it was a nice amount of restriction.

Would love to lose the 10 pounds I'm up from my lowest by June 9.

#1 goal now is to get my tummy back to healthy.

Good luck to everyone as we pass into our 3rd year in a few short weeks!!!!

Hi everyone! I know you've all probably covered this before, but would any of you mind giving me a run down of your average diet for a day? What do you eat, how much of it can you eat, what time of day, etc? I'm trying to come up with a little formula to fall back on, does that make sense?

Pinkylee sorry to hear of the slight unfill. I noticed I have more acid reflux now so just got my prescriptions filled. We went to Kemah with friends and had a couple of bites and stopped. Nothing like walking the boardwalk with a papercup in your hand. This has got to stop.

Dick and I went on a river cruise down the Rhine. We started in Amsterdam and went to some places in Germany and ended in Basel Switzerland. We then took a train and went to Zurich to meet up with his friends. In less than 24 hours we spent almost a thousand dollars with train, hotel, and two meals. NEver again to Switzerland. I then went back to Amsterdam on business and Dick came home. It was a great trip. Most of the time I could eat as long as I drank before dinner. Had wine with every dinner and things just went in nicely. :blush:

No routine on eating at the moment. One minute I can eat the next I'm on Soup. Not losing so not doing things right either.

Aimee- It totally varies day to day, but so far today I had a Protein Bar at 9am and I am working on a 5 oz. can of "Tuna Sensations"(lemon pepper) right now. I will probably have some ravioli or spaghetti for dinner. I bought some of those little microwaveable cups for kids. Yesterday I had a Protein Shake at 9am, some crab dip and wheat thins for lunch and some rotisserie chicken for dinner. I had some angel food cake with strawberries and sugar free cool whip for dessert. I just got a fill last week, so I am still taking it easy. Plus i am on my period, so I am tight. The thing I hate about when I have a fill is that veggies give me a hard time or I simply don't have enough room after I get my Protein in. That is why I take my liquid vitamins every day! Best of luck getting in a routine. There are some threads on the site under the Food section, I think, that talk about daily menus. Maybe you can get more ideas there.

IMG_2058.jpg

This is me in my new bathing suit. Be HONEST! I am thinking of returning it for a 12. This one is a 10. My saddlebags are sticking out the sides and you can see my baggy arms. Plus, my small tummy sag. I can't believe I'm even posting this!

Oh, yesterday I went to the grocery store and I had to show ID. The cashier said, "Wow! You've lost a lot of weight! Congrats! How much?"

"I said 90 pounds" and she said "I was going to guess 100". So that was nice to hear. I rode my stationery bike 30 minutes yesterday. I hope to do the same tonight. Keep working it Junebies!

Okay, I just went and cleaned my mirror after posting this! I didn't realize how dirty it was!! How embarrassing!

I must have looked so bad, you were all speechless! I decided to take the suit back. It was a tankini and after trying on several suits, I decided I don't like tankinis! I went back to the standard black one piece. I won't post any photos as to avoid further embarrassment!

Socalgal --i just saw your pic of your bathing suite. I thought you looked great!!! But I agree, if you are not comfortable in the bathing suite then buy one that you are comfortable in.

Barb4 it sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I am happy that you were able to have this travel expereince.

Pinky ---hope you are doing better after your slight unfill.

I hope everyone else is doing great! I am a nervous wreck at the moment as I am trying to close on a house next week. I have absolutely no time to get any of the things I need to get done completed.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Melissa lea

So Cal - I'm sorry, I'm guilty of looking at your pic and thinking "she looks really good" and not posting it. I thought the suit fit well. I hope your embarrasment goes away, I should have posted!

Congrats on the house Melissa! That's a big step I'll probably never be able to take. Happy Mother's Day to Barb123, Pinkylee, Regina and all the other moms in here! Thanks for the comments girls. You'd think after losing weight, I wouldn't mind a bathing suit, but it still causes anxiety!

I don't know why but my email stopped getting updates, so I just saw that bathing suit pic. I'd say you were brave to post it, but you look damn good actually. It looked a bit roomy.

I have been having huge ups and downs, my BF went through a midlife crisis and broke up with me to spare me from it (??). I spent a few days trying to get some better explanation, then said, so long have a good life. It took him three days to beg me to take him back and a week to convince me that he is sincere and wants to stay with me. In the meantime, I lost three pounds. So of course, in the process of celebrating, I gained them back plus more. Today, two of them are gone, whew!

My 17 yo DS is giving me nothing but trouble. Can't even turn in the work on Independent Study, totally evasive and moody. My 23 yo DD is calling me crying daily and said she might move back home because her BF quit his job and they're broke. And work has been grueling, I may be trying a case next week, and the preparation is killing me. I was hired to do research and writing, but as usual, they are throwing me into the fire.

I'm taking Xanax before bed, because my anxiety has been keeping me awake at night. The only comfort I have is that I look so much better, feel so much better and know if this had all happened two years ago, it may have been even worse on me. Hoping to reach goal by August 4, my vacation. BF taking me to Hawaii. I don't think I'll be taking any bathing suit pics though!

Socal you look great. I think the bathingsuit was fine, but you must feel comfortable. We all need to stop playing our old tapes and embrace the new us. Of course my new me is still the old me from a year ago. I just can't seem to make forward progress. Its partly my fault and partly my band.

We must all learn to take care of ourselves first. We are the most important. We cannot take care of others if we are not caring for ourselves. That being said, don't buy into other's insecurities. We have enough of our own without taking on everyone else's problems.

Melissa congrats on the house. I know its a big step and one that is scary and exciting at the same time.

Have a great week everyone.