Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Good morning to all. I know I've been among the missing lately. I am on a road trip, currently just west of Phoenix heading toward Las Vegas. I left Houston last Monday and arrived in Sedona on Wednesday. What a great place, it was my first visit. I did some rock climbing and meditating high up on some of the most beautiful mountains in this country. I attended a lecture by Gregg Braden on Friday night and went to Phoenix on Saturday for a workshop with Esther Hicks (Abraham). For any of you who know these speakers you will know what a great time I've had.

Last night I received a call that a dear friend from years ago was killed in a snowmobile accident so, Mary, I do feel the pain you are suffering. One of the subjects discussed in my workshop yesterday was suicide and death in general. We were told that no one passes until they are ready to go. You make the choice and that the experience is a beautiful thing. People who suffer to the point of suicide find the only peace there is for them. It's those of us left behind who feel the pain. So if possible we should give thanks that are friends are finally at peace and Celebrate their lives. My friend, Kathy, was one of the most fun people I have ever known, so I intend to hit the Vegas strip later today and celebrate her life. I plan to laugh and drink and remember how much I loved her and how much joy she brought to this world.

Soooooooo.............my eating on this trip has been horrid. I'm living on snack foods in the car. I've only tried two "real" meals and both brought on pbs.....BAD. I'm wondering if the elevation is causing things to tighten??? Any thoughts??? I am surviving on cashews, Ritz Bitz and V8 juice. I feel fine but I know it's not healthy.

Barb465, hang in there. Give yourself a break. Remember my mantra, "thoughts become things". We dwell too much on our failures instead of thinking about how great we feel and how good we look. Do you think I could have climbed those rocks two years ago?? Fly out to Vegas and join me for a couple days! We'll forget all our problems!

Love and good wishes to you all..........

oh how i wish i could get on that plane. if it wasn't for all the trips and work i would be there. dick and i are going the week of June 15th. i had a free trip on one of the condo visits at the alladin, now something else. so if the junebies want to Celebrate in vegas we will be there.

i believe in thoughts becomming things. thanks for reminding me. i know the lectures were worth it and the climbing something to behold.

enjoy vegas and celebrate life. none of us knows what is on the other side so live as if there was no tomorrow. :laugh:

Socalgal, Thoughts and prayers for you and your family are coming your way.

Don't know why I haven't 'checked in", except that I'm tired of being in the same situation day after day and knowing darn well I have everything I need to make changes.

I'll have a telecon with a nuitritionist (how's that for a gift). Unsolicited from my health insurance provider. Here's hoping I listen and learn. Usually, being the professional dieter that I am, I think I know it all and don't absorb what I should in this type setting.

Realtor has an offer on the condo. We countered and hopefully this will be closed in a few weeks. Timing is everything, so it'll be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

DD is really in a bad way - surgery prevents her from working off the trauma of her breakup with bf. She controls lots of her "demons" with exercise. Please remember her. She's barely functioning at times.

Thank you all for your words, thoughts and prayers. The memorial service was Tuesday and it was really beautiful. Things are getting better day by day. I did gain 5 pounds over the past week and I'm disappointed in myself. I ordered Girl Scout Cookies and my cousin's church was bringing so much food to her house, that I went back to my old ways of comforting myself with food. I guess I keep thinking, "There but for the grace of God go I". I have suffered from depression for over 14 years, have been on 3 different medications and attempted suicide myself twice. No need to worry...I haven't done anything like that since 1994 and I never would again.

Barb-I am glad you are rejuvenating your spirit, but make sure to nourish your body.

I hope to get back on track soon. I didn't get to go to Mexico for a fill as I was too busy with family stuff. I'll take a day in April and go as the rest of this month is booked up.

Socalgal --so very sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is to battle our own demons, esp when it comes to food. You know that we are here for you should you need to vent. If you don't want to vent on the public forum you are more than welcome to PM. I will listen.

I have had a very interesting day today. I had 3 PB epsidoes. For the first time since having this darn band i feel tight!! I actually want to jump for joy. I feel like for the first time in a year, I was able to stick to the "bandster" portion or less.

I am glad to hear from everyone. I hope all are doing well. That cold front is moving here in the south. It's windy, rainy, and getting very cold. I just hope the rain stops before I have to work tomorrow. I do not like working in the rain.

Have a great one!

Melissa

I saw this website on the news today. Basically you make a bet with yourself about losing weight, exercising, quitting smoking, etc. If you succeed, you get the money back, if not, you donate the $$. Maybe money will motivate some of us to get busy! (If spending thousands on the operation wasn't enough!) HA!

stickK.com - Put a contract out on yourself!

I had a good day after a BAD week....I was up to 160! This morning I was 159 and I had a South Beach Meal Replacement bar for Breakfast, a Lean Cuisine for lunch and some Bertolli Mediterranean Pasta for dinner. I know it is all packaged food, but it helps me stay focused for now. I guess it isn't so bad considering all that has happened and that I have no fill and was menstrual! Even if you don't post, I hope you all are coming here to read and staying on track.

Just got off the phone with my nuitritionist - session one. We set a goal for me. No sugar. I can use my sweet n low for now, but my long range goal is to give up sugar permanently. Many of you might remember I'm the gal that eats sugar from a bowl to get an endorphine rush. I never really thought of how addicting my newfound habit is.

I have to admit I would probably be at goal right now if it weren't for sugar. I'm not talking Cookies, ice cream and candy. Just plain old sugar from a bowl. Trust me, this won't be easy.

Hey Socalgal! Hang in there. I think you are doing great. Some of that weight gain is most likely Fluid from your cycle. Keep doing the things that got you to your goal and you will be just fine.

Pinky --sounds like things went well at your nutritionists appt. I hope that he/she is able to offer you the accountability that you need to reach your goals.

I am treking along. I lost another pound, finally!!! But I have lost many inches. I have had several NSV that I have noticed. Last week I pulled out an old XL concert T-shirt thinking this should fit just fine. It is actually too big. I am also wearing a blouse I bought last year, only 10 pounds heavier, and not able to even button it. It is now fits with room to spare.

I had a set back in my running as I kind of re-injured my ankle. Or I should say...the ankle is lettling me know what it will and will not let me do for right now. I have been trying to just walk several times a week and I hope by the end of march pick my running up again. Not that I was doing that much running.

I hope everyone is doing well. I am off to my life on the highway.

Have a great day!

Melissa

I thought I'd check in since it's been awhile. Things have gotten better for me with a lot of hard work. My son is seeing a new therapist he loves, and has gone on independent study, which he is enjoying and keeping up with.

My daughter finally got some Abilify which has smoothed out her moods, so I'm not getting thoose hysterical phone calls and messages every couple of days anymore.

I have gone on Lexapro, and am seeing a great therapist, which is easing my anxiety. All of this has smoothed the rockiness with my BF.

I found a cheaper place to live, consolidated all my debt into a low interest loan, and while I dread the moving, I have a dream that when I get there, I will sit down and think I have nothing left to worry about.

I have not been eating too badly, but not exercising enough as usual. And my son stole my scale so I don't know what I weigh. After the move on the 22nd, its back to getting those last few pounds off with a vengeance.

Way to go Melissa on your new "territory".

I'm still stuck at barely in onederland and not exercising. My number one thing to do tomorrow. My depression is back with a vengence since getting off sugar. I have to break a sweat to break this stronghold.

Cathy - life is full of adventures. Thoughts become things so our Barbara12 tells us. I love your new dream.

I've decided to live my life as content as I can, regardless of the drama. That means I've got to learn to ignore some of the crap. Speaking of which, DD is getting over her breakup and socializing again. Condo due to close on Tuesday and I go to my last dental appt in early April. I need a fill, but until the dust settles.....Who knows, maybe by them I'm under control.

Hope the rest of you are still hanging in there.

Barbara4 - when are you and DH in Vegas?

Hi guys, I haven't even been on to read since sometime last month. My interview did air on the 5th, and I thought I looked FAT!!! LOL the camera does add thats for sure. Things have been so hectic for me with hubby in rehab and then he got put back in the hospital for tia's and losing strength on the right side of his body. Thankfully he has gotten it back now and is back in rehab and i'm back to trying to adjust to being a single parent again. They say he will be there for another 6-9 months. I am still up in weight at 173, but I started walking last week again so I hope to continue that and start losing again. I am not eating much but of course what I am is the wrong things, I am always on the go and no time for cooking.

So Calgal, I am so sorry for your loss. Hope you are doing better with it now. I have missed you guys. Happy St. Patties day everyone.

Is there any way to get the emails working again, maybe I would be able to keep up more if they did??? Take care!

Hey Everyone!

I am glad to hear from some of you that have been away for awhile.

Regina --as for the email notifications you may have to reset it. You can go into "my account" then "edit options" then scroll down for email notifications. I am very glad that your DH is getting the much needed rehab that he needs. I know that you will adjust to the changes in your life. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Cathy --I am very happy for you. It sounds like things are moving in the right direction for you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Pinky --congrats on the condo deal. I know how happy you will be to have that off your hands. I am glad to know that your DD is getting back out into the game of "love".

I had the worst PB of my banded life today. It seriously let me know that I am banded today. I've had it pretty easy with that thus far. Today last about half an hour. I think I got a small piece of meat or something stuck. Whew! I feel for you guys/gals that have this frequently. I FINALLY get it!!!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Melissa

Regina - I missed the program - drats. I bet you looked great.

Melissa - you are looking sooooo hot. Love the new avitar. You inspire me.

Gotta get with it - almost time to make the drive to closing. Whew!

I am ready to lose. Fill is definitely on the schedule when I can chew on both sides of my mouth. (second week of April)

NSV - I've exercised to a sweat 2 mornings in a row. We won't mention other issues. I'm working on them. Have to admit getting my heart pounding has definitely cleared my head.