Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Hello! My name is Jenn. I have been having some problems with my band for about 2 months now. At first I though I had caught a virus. I went to my regular doctor on MOnday. She thinks the trouble is acid reflux. She put me on prilosec 2 times a day. I have only been on it for 3 days now but I can tell a big difference today. I am scheduled to go have a upper GI next Thursday to make sure there is no blockage. Please let me know how things work out for you! God Bless. Jenn

Hey guys I'm hangin in. Stomach doctor gave me some new medicine. Said we had to keep the acid down in me. Having band issues, sometimes heartburn and other times I think I'm sorta stuck. More like 1st or 2nd bite syndrome. I wait a while and then can eat a horse. I'm eating too much junk because its easy. When things settle I still think I need a fill. I never get that "full" feeling anymore. Going next week for the colonoscopy and tomorrow for my regular physical and mammogram. Trying to get this body all checked out. :frown:

Hey Everyone! I am finally back home from my business trip. I had too much of a good time with food and drink and came back a few pounds heavier. I am mad at myself for allowing myself to enjoy myself too much. I know it's only a couple of pounds but it will take me 2 weeks to lose a couple of pounds. No time at all to gain them, just to lose them.

Someone enlighten me ....I did not know there were fires in DFW, TX. What happened??? Where have I been???

Pinky --glad to know that you are feeling better.

Barb4 --I hope your stomach is better and that you find relief.

Jennapurr --hang in there. Let us know how your upper GI went.

Melissa

Hey everyone!

It's me again. Nothing new and exciting. I did have a good workout the last 2 days. I haven't been able to jog in about a week and a half because of work and travel. Yesterday I walked 6 miles. Today I jogged 2 miles (I slightly increased the speed on the treadmill) then walked 4 miles. I think that is a good compromise.

Pinky --I hope that you are feeling better.

Socalgal --how is your training going? I know the weather has been a challenge lately. I hope to feel the breath of Spring around the corner.

I hope that you all check in when you get a chance.

Melissa

Hey There! Just stopping in to say hello and see how everyone is doing.

Barb4 ..how's the band treating you. Were you able to get your fill.

Barb12 --when are you coming my way. I am ready for a girls night out :thumbup:

Pinky --are you over the crud yet?? I hope you are feeling better.

Socalgal --how's the training going for the marathon? I hope the weather is acting better for you :eek:.

Everyone --stop by and check in. Let us know how your getting on.

Have a great week!

Melissa Lea

This room is becoming a ghost town. Anyway....I was having a little heartburn and since I am off work today for Abraham Lincoln's birthday, I decided to drive to lovely Tijuana for a check-up. It only took 90 minutes to get back into the USA. So, as suspected, I was too tight-AGAIN! The doc said all looked well with band placement, etc. and there were no signs of slippage, but that I was too tight. The barium was sitting in my pouch and not passing quickly as liquids should. So, once again, I am completely unfilled. I guess I should be glad this fill lasted 8 months and brought me to goal. Maybe I am just not meant to have fill.

Melissa- I am not training. I did walk for a hour and a half yesterday with a friend, but my heart wasn't in training mode. Maybe as the weather warms up, I'll get out and train more. You seem to be doing quite well though. Keep it up!

Everyone else needs to get out of hibernation and come say hi!

OK I'm checking in. Colonoscopy went great. Results from Mamogram not so good. They saw some dimpling so I go Wednesday for some more pictures. Not upset yet. Too early.

My fill allows me to eat, then not. I think I'm still too open most of the time. It depends on time of day and what I'm eating. Ice cream, Cookies, candy can usually go down. meat and veggies not so easy.

Clothes still fit, but nothing is being lost. I'm not exercising and I'm not being a good bandster. So here I am. Not doing much of anything right. I've got to get myself in gear, but just haven't found the right motivation.

On positive note my DH and I are going on a 4 night cruise end of March followed by a Rhine river cruise on April 11th. Looking forward to both trips. However, now business might require me to go to Rotterdam for a week. Now I have to find a time to fit it into my schedule and everyone elses. :smile2:

OK so I've checked in. Let's hear from some others.

Wow, Barb4. Keep us posted on your dimples!

Socalgal, timing is everything - you're at goal - you've got a lot of history to lean on. All success in the total unfill

I'm over the flu and still working on that prior contract on the condo. Patience?

I'm back to appreciating my band and wishing for a fill or some other magic button to kick me into gear. Our Total Loser program at church had their first meeting. It was really fun. We had a team "challenge" and by default I was the designated player for the push up game. I managed to do 12 (a personal trainer was cheering me on or I might have laid on the mat motionless!) I am pumped and have done well today. I had a terrible day yesterday and was 198.5 this morning. ( I was 193 just a few days ago). Got to quit kidding myself. Onderland was a battle I don't intend to repeat. Needless to say I'm paniced and being really good today.

Who's next to check in?

Well gang, I have been having a lot of trials. I went on hormones, which has probably contributed to me gaining three pounds, but I haven't been too good on my eating plan either. I have pretty much dealt with most of my stressors, but now my 16 YO son has decided to rise a stink. He's a gifted student who has been cutting and failing classes and experimenting with drugs and alcohol I have discovered. His therapist says he's clinically depressed, but he refuses treatment and wants to move out on his own in June, though he can't possibly work enough hours as a minor to support himself. I feel that when he realizes for himself that he can't do it, he's going to crash, and I'm afraid of what the outcome will be. Hard to think about me or walking or eating.

Oh gosh Cathy. You have had your hands full. Remember you must take care of yourself if you ever hope of helping others. Take care of you. Our kids make their own decisions. We might not agree with them, but we have to let them find their way. Sixteen is young to be thinking like that, but all you can do is guide them. After that, it is up to them.

Going for more mammogram shots today. Say a prayer please.

Thank you for your prayers. They were answered. Additional pictures and sonogram were done and they declared me clear. It is always a little nerve wracking when these little bumps in the road are encountered.

Now back to the lapband. :D