Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October bandsters

well its not official yet because my surgeons out of town until the 14th but the scheduler told me to count on the 25th for my surgery! i wanted it on the 14th but that's okay because i'll have a little longer to continue to get used to the pre-diet. good luck to all those that have surgery this month.

It will be here before you know it.

There will be headaches in the beginning of the pre op diet but nothing Tylenol can't help. After the first three days it's not as bad. Good luck with the diet and surgery . I am getting banded on the 9th.

Hope all is well.

Hi everyone! I'm kinda excited, my pre-op appointment is tomorrow. Don't really know what to expect but it's getting closer! Surgery is on the 11th.

We are doing our pre-op testing on Monday. We are excited but scared. This might sound stupid, but before you all started your pre-op diets did you think "well, we won't eat this again"? I guess it is nerves.

Surgery was the 2nd. Everyday gets better. Still sore & gassy. Unreal how the gas goes to your shoulder blade. Today is the 4th day since surgery. Can't say I'm hungry but still achy. Moving better everyday. Hope all goes well for everyone!

I was banded on Oct 1...hello fellow October Bandsters!!!!!! To those who received their bands this week, how are you doing?

My only issue is the dreaded GAS!!!! No matter how much GasX, heating pads, walking I do, it will not budge! I am SERIOUSLY bloated. Cannot wear pants, only sundress right now. Bruising showed up yesterday over large area of lower stomach. Hubby saw it and started freaking out, caused me to freak out and called doctor thinking that all the gas had ruptured sutures or something. Thinking about it now, is kinda funny and I guess the on-call doctor thought we were quite silly. But he was very nice and soothe our fears. I bet he had a good laugh after he hung up. I know we did....lol

Took a laxative last night and receive some gas relief this morning....looking forward to my Post-Op appointment on Thurs.

Surgery was the 2nd. Everyday gets better. Still sore & gassy. Unreal how the gas goes to your shoulder blade. Today is the 4th day since surgery. Can't say I'm hungry but still achy. Moving better everyday. Hope all goes well for everyone!

Yes I thought the same about how gas travels. I found this article that explained a lot. Hope it helps you too. http://hubpages.com/hub/Getting-Gas-Pain-Relief-after-Surgery

We are doing our pre-op testing on Monday. We are excited but scared. This might sound stupid, but before you all started your pre-op diets did you think "well, we won't eat this again"? I guess it is nerves.

Yes I thought the same way. I actually went out and ate things that I had craved and/or wanted to try, or hadn't eaten in a while.

We are doing our pre-op testing on Monday. We are excited but scared. This might sound stupid' date=' but before you all started your pre-op diets did you think "well, we won't eat this again"? I guess it is nerves.[/quote']

I didn't have any thoughts like that. I started weening myself into the pre-op diet and living with LAP-Band portions on July 2nd, I was officially banded on Oct. 2nd after two weeks of the liquid, pre-Op diet. I didn't think that I'd never get to eat certain foods again because my dietician explained that I could "cheat" every once in a while. Everyone is different with what they can and can't eat eventually, but I'm looking forward to rediscovering foods! Absence makes the heart grow fonder! I can have a glass of tea today and I'm soooo excited! It's been a while since I had tea. It's a long process, but a good process, and you'll find yourself being happy with each step of dieting you enter until you can eat normal foods, smaller portions again. I'm excited about the mushies stage because I miss Apple sauce! I can't wait to eat it! <3 don't lose hope! You're only losing food for a little while. I have a whole new appreciation for food now, and my relationship with food isn't negative, it's positive. I'm just happy to get my crunch back when I can, and those kinds of things. Don't worry, everything will be fine, you can do it!! :)

Yes I thought the same about how gas travels. I found this article that explained a lot. Hope it helps you too. http://hubpages.com/hub/Getting-Gas-Pain-Relief-after-Surgery

I read the article and it has given me information I never knew about gas. Thank you.

Me too, sore and gassy. Seem to right on track for day 3. Not feeling hungry at all but getting liquids down OK. My gas pressure is in my center diaphragm making it painful to take a deep breath. Someone remind me that this is worth it! I guess I am just ready to be healed so I can get on with living!

Day 3 for me. Feeling amazingly well. Of course a little sore but better than I thought I would feel. Not hungry wish it could be like this forever! Seems to be a lot of complaints about gas pains. I certainly had them especially in the shoulder but they seem to be getting better everyday. Question does everyone have to give themselves levonorgestrel injections after their surgery...just wondering. I have to have them for 7 days. They actually taught my husband how to give them to me. I reminded him marriage was for better or for worse!

The injections are to prevent blood clots. I really don't know if I could inject myself or not. I do it every day to other people as I work on an Ortho post op floor. Definitely would not trust my hubby to do it :/

I don't have to give myself shots or anything, but I have to wear these special stockings for about two weeks.