Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bra Recommendations Please!

Ok ladies, after losing 227 pounds I've gone from a 52G/H to a 36DD bra. The problem is, my girls are awful. No really, they're very droopy and sometimes I swear there's more skin than breast tissue. They need some serious help so I don't look like an issue of National Geographic gone horribly wrong.

So, I'm looking for your input. For those of who have bigger boobs, like a D cup or more, what bra do you prefer? I need something with lift but also some light padding in the cup so the girls don't look odd shaped. But, not too much padding because I don't want to look bigger and not "push up" because I'm not trying to be cleavage queen, either. Just some shape and to hoist the girls back up where they belong.

Thanks ladies!!

I am a 42 DD, maybe a 40 D or so now. I swear by the Playtex 18 hour bras. They have several types in that collection.

Here is why I love them: they are wire free, but have very good lift, they have wide padded shoulder straps which are more comfortable, they have a wide strap which provide more support, and they are lightly padded to give some shape, but not too much, they are not crazy expensive, they come in a variety of colors and styles, and all major stores sell them. These bras are definitely made for us "well endowed" ladies.

I can't wait to hear other recommendations, too!

I was a 34G before my lift earlier this week. Panache was my favorite brand (and hopefully still will be)! They offer full-coverage, supportive bras that still come with cute, girly detailing. Most are lightly lined to help with shape and nip coverage. My two favorite styles are:

http://www.barenecessities.com/product.aspx?pf_id=Panache6071

http://www.barenecessities.com/product.aspx?pf_id=Panache3376

And I love Bare Necessities because they're always having a sale, have free exchanges, and there's usually a free shipping code.

I really like the Lane Bryant balcanette bras, they are molded cups, so they give light shape, no padding, they are really comfortable. In your size I'm sure they will have lots of cute styles to chose from. I've been wearing only L.B. bras for almost 15 years now. But, I wear a 40H and now I need a 38I or a 38J and I can't find any stores that carry them. I have to try them on. We are going on vacation Thursday and I am looking online to find anywhere that carries big sizes in store....from Ohio all the way to obx. Lol. Good luck.

I know what you mean about them being droopy. My DH told me mine looked like bowling balls at the end of tube socks. Then one day he told me they looked like a sad basset hounds ears. :/ Smh

Have fun brassiere shopping -- it's going to be great to find the right fit and feel well-supported and looking good in your clothes, etc. You've achieved so much success -- I wish you a drawer full of gorgeous lingerie!

Ok ladies, after losing 227 pounds I've gone from a 52G/H to a 36DD bra. The problem is, my girls are awful. No really, they're very droopy and sometimes I swear there's more skin than breast tissue. They need some serious help so I don't look like an issue of National Geographic gone horribly wrong.

So, I'm looking for your input. For those of who have bigger boobs, like a D cup or more, what bra do you prefer? I need something with lift but also some light padding in the cup so the girls don't look odd shaped. But, not too much padding because I don't want to look bigger and not "push up" because I'm not trying to be cleavage queen, either. Just some shape and to hoist the girls back up where they belong.

Thanks ladies!!

hey missy, in the late 90s, i hd a breast reduction..i went from triple I to a c cup......my breasts was long and nerly hung down to my belly button..no fooling...they took off 9 pounds....i had to buy penny rich bras from the bra patch...check out their website if you can..great quality and lasts a long time....hope it helps

Well Missy I've lost 200 but the first to go was my boobs! Now a 36B! However I have the same problem! I've found that Soma is the best place for bras. Hey the girls look so good on my bra that some guy In Macy's went on and on about my cleavage! Granted it was a little uncomfortable it made me realize the girls look much better than they really are! My friend who was with me still laughs about it! I'm just not use to all the attention.

Well Missy I've lost 300 but the first to go was my boobs! Now a 36B! However I have the same problem! I've found that Soma is the best place for bras. Hey the girls look so good on my bra that some guy In Macy's went on and on about my cleavage! Granted it was a little uncomfortable it made me realize the girls look much better than they really are! My friend who was with me still laughs about it! I'm just not use to all the attention.

Oops ment to say 200!

I had always bought my bras at Lane Bryant, they have some nice ones without the underwire. Now they don't have any to fit me so my new favorites at the Vanity Fair with underwire since the girls have gone south.

So I just got back from Kohls. That sucks so hard core! They had a huge selection of bras on sale but it's freak'n impossible to find 36DD! There were a ton of smaller sizes, and even 40-42DD, but I was lucky to find one 36DD in each style.

I tried on at least 8 different bras. Platex, Maidenform, Warner, Olga, Vanity Fair and Bali. The problem I'm having is the dang excess skin. I am finding if the bra cuts too deep between the girls, I just icky skin squishing up the middle. If they don't have good side support I have skin hanging over the bra. UGH!!

I did get one made by Bali with light padding, no underwire, but good lift. It's not the best in the world but it's still a lot better than what I was wearing.

I'm definitely going to keep trying others on this thread, too. Thank you ladies!! <3

Well Missy I've lost 300 but the first to go was my boobs! Now a 36B! However I have the same problem! I've found that Soma is the best place for bras. Hey the girls look so good on my bra that some guy In Macy's went on and on about my cleavage! Granted it was a little uncomfortable it made me realize the girls look much better than they really are! My friend who was with me still laughs about it! I'm just not use to all the attention.

Does Soma have pluz size bras in store or is it only for skinny minis? I wear a 40D Lane Bryant bra (which I love the fit) but it shows my headlights a little too much. After seeing the Soma videos, I'd love to go in and try them out, but I don't want to waste my time if they only carry regular sizes. thx.

I'm a 42 DDD and I love the Balconette bras at lane Bryant. They're underwire and have wonderful lift and make your girls beautiful. Happy Shopping :)

I swear by Wacoal bras. They can be more expensive, but if you find some on sale they are the best. They have the thicker cup to make the girls look more rounded and your nipple won't show through. I am a 38DDD (think I've shrunk, but not ready to buy new bras yet) and I can always find my size. I also second the Lane Bryant Bras. They carry the 'smaller' sizes like 36DD online.

I would also highly suggest you go to the bra department of a good department store like Macy's or Nordstroms. They have women who will measure you and determine the actual correct size for you, many of us are wearing the wrong size! Good Luck

Missy I have found my booby salvation in Wacoal of course I'm used to underwire so that is what I get, I went from a 44DD and now I'm in a 38D right now and oh my poor boobies, they sag so bad, right down to my waist, just pure skin hanging, no breast tissue whatsoever. Wacoal make a padded bra also. They are pricey but to me are so worth it. Good luck.