Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Embarrassed to go for a fill..

Surgery date: 7/20/13.

I've only lost 10 pounds post op.. My band is not filled yet.... I can eat pretty much everything. I'm embarrassed to go for a fill due to the fact that I haven't lost any more weight since I was in the office. Will I loose weight after my 1st fill? I sure hope so... Will I feel some restriction?

Congratulations!10 pounds is not too shabby, especially in a months time! My doctor told me that I may not lose much until I start getting some fills. I had gained weight the first couple of weeks after surgery as it was a time for healing. You should not be shy or embarrassed about going back in, they should be your coach and cheerleader! Average weight loss should only be about 1-2 pounds per week. You are doing great!

sp70: Thanks for your kind words!! I guess I shouldn't be so embarrassed.. I hope I start loosing these pounds ASAP...

Why embarrassed. Although some will loose little to drastic weight immediately after postop, there are some who will lose none until they reach green or have some modest resemblance of restriction in their bands. Your doctor understands that and should be eager to want to start your fills to get you to that point.

I hear others who allow their feelings about what the doc will say/do serve as an obstacle to their success. It's pretty rediculous because they end up not going in at all and feeling like a failure because they either gain or don't lose any weight at all. This is something you just have to get past and never allow it to prevent you from going to the doc.

Hi there! 10 lbs is awesome! Never be embarassed about your weight loss. Until you're in the green zone which may take several fills don't expect a large weight loss. Just keep following the rules for your lapband and always, always go for your fills at the appointed times.

Let's face it, that's how we got here in the first place (being too embarassed to go for a weigh in).

Good luck to you, you're doing awesome!

Why are you ashamed of 10 pounds loss? I think that is fantastic! That is an average of 2 lbs a week. That is right on. I think that after 2 months I had lost about 6-8 pounds and surgeon was still happy with my loss. Congratulations on the scale moving downward!!!! :wub:

I hear others who allow their feelings about what the doc will say/do serve as an obstacle to their success. It's pretty rediculous because they end up not going in at all and feeling like a failure because they either gain or don't lose any weight at all. This is something you just have to get past and never allow it to prevent you from going to the doc.

The was me. Don't let this be you!

After years of failing my band I'm back on the journey, embarrassed or not, because its time I stopped waiting time.

10 lbs in one month is great, do not be embarrassed! :-)

The was me. Don't let this be you!

After years of failing my band I'm back on the journey' date=' embarrassed or not, because its time I stopped waiting time.

10 lbs in one month is great, do not be embarrassed! :-)

[/quote']

*wasting time

I only lost 3 lbs from the time of my first post op appointment, to my first fill three weeks later. My nurse said: "Three pounds.... That's GREAT!!!" That still would be less than you've loss in a month. Focus on your accomplishments not your "apparent" failure. You're right on track.

Congrats on your loss! You are right on track and since your band is unfilled, it hasn't been as much help as it will be in the future. Get your fills as needed and keep up the great progress.

I know how you feel.. I'm booked for my first fill next week and will only have lost a couple of pounds since seeing him last week. But I'm not worried.. I know I need to be honest with him so that we can work together and help me find my green zone. You have lost, and 10lbs is awesome. Walk into the office feeling proud girl!! :)

I was told I might actually gain weight before my first fill so you are doing great! Chin up- you got this!

I was told I might actually gain weight before my first fill so you are doing great! Chin up- you got this!

Don't remember, but I might have gained a pound or two!