Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gettine back on track with the Nutritionist! NOT

I went to the nutritionist today and i feel like eating. She did nothing To help me at all. I sat down and told her that o need someone to kick my butt. She told me everything I knew already and nothing that can really help me. I am so disappointed. I was really hoping to have her give me some pointers that I can do that I have forgotten over the past 4 years related to band life. She asked if I had the my fitness pal with me and I did but did not ask to look at it. Then I felt like I was being kicked out of her office.

I made another appointment for the other one in the same office for August 27th. I hope this visit goes better.

sorry to hear it did not go well Nailpro. The NUT at my doctor's office was pretty wothless also...and skinny. How can a skinny person understand, sympathize, empathize?? I got more info on this site than from her. I can tell you that she said basically to eat 3 oz. Protein, 1/2 cup veggies and 1/4 cup carbs. I basically do that, track everything in the myfitnesspal ap (staying at around 1,000 daily calories) and it's working for me. I hope the other NUT helps you more than this one.

Gowalking. Love you. Hugs and kisses.

Ugh, that's such a bummer!!

I hope your appointment with the next NUT goes better. I think it's pretty crappy that she just gave you the standard speech and didn't even bother to look at your MyFitnessPal app to see what you've been eating. To be real honest? I'd be complaining. It doesn't sound like she cared or did her job at all.

I was very fortunate that my nutritionist was very caring and thorough. For instance, low carb isn't realistic for me at all but a lot of banded people follow a low carb diet. I told her this and why so she helped me establish food guidelines specific for my needs. She also demonstrated what size portions I should be eating- using both her palm and a deck of cards- to get a better visualize image when a measuring cup or scale isn't available. I credit the information she taught me for a big part of my success so far.

In light of the fact your NUT was useless, is there anything we can maybe help you with?

I'm in the pr

sorry to hear it did not go well Nailpro. The NUT at my doctor's office was pretty wothless also...and skinny. How can a skinny person understand, sympathize, empathize?? I got more info on this site than from her. I can tell you that she said basically to eat 3 oz. Protein, 1/2 cup veggies and 1/4 cup carbs. I basically do that, track everything in the myfitnesspal ap (staying at around 1,000 daily calories) and it's working for me. I hope the other NUT helps you more than this one.

I'm in the process of going to school to become a NUT. Your comment about your NUT being skinny hit me. I have been ashamed to tell people what I was going to school for because of my weight I felt I would be looked down on and if I haven't lost all my weight by then who would want me to help them or hire me for that matter. But I feel like who better to help someone but someone who has been there or who at least is going through the process. What do you think? This has weighed heavy (no pun intended LOL) on me.

~~~Stephanie

Sorry to hear what you went through nailpro00. Good luck with the next one.

~~~Stephanie

I thought my Nutritionist was also sknny and wouldn't understand however, I found out that she had once been obese and that is why she became a nutritionits.. so I guess before we judge we might not know the whole story.. Mine gave me the basics and said to eat Protein first, veg, carbs etc. but also gave me a guideline.. protein should be at last 10% of the caloires.. in other words 200 calories should have 20 gms protein this is for Protein Drinks and bars, etc. also to eat wheat bread and crackers i you eat those things... however if you do not feel she is being helpful ask for someone else or perhaps go on line good luck with your next appt

I'm in the process of going to school to become a NUT. Your comment about your NUT being skinny hit me. I have been ashamed to tell people what I was going to school for because of my weight I felt I would be looked down on and if I haven't lost all my weight by then who would want me to help them or hire me for that matter. But I feel like who better to help someone but someone who has been there or who at least is going through the process. What do you think? This has weighed heavy (no pun intended LOL) on me.

~~~Stephanie

I always say "who better to ask diet questions to than an overweight person? We've tried it all and know it all." Lol Sad but true. It's just the follow through that I have a hard time with. Good for u! Stick with the NUT program. U will be great! :)