Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After wls...

Thank you everyone for all the feedback to my other postvbut there is one other thing I'm wondering, when you started losing weight, did you actually feel it?? (Of corse you felt it, lol) I mean feel like you were walking around Better feeling like it was easier to get up off the couch and walk, walk longer distances and bend down easier climb stairs ect..ect...? could you do more activity how much more did your energy levels increase and also when did other people start noticing your weight loss or did you wait a certain amount of time and then do like a grand unveiling??

I can now walk all around BJ's without getting tired like I did. I go to the outlet mall and walk all over without driving from end to end to shop. Sure my knee (need a new one) sometimes hurts but I am much better off. I can walk with my grandsons. We went to the children's museum and I never sat, my husband did, but I didn't and we were there for many hours.

I was wearing a plus size 18/20 jeans and now a size 14! and the waist is a little big. My tops were 2x-3x and now l/xl. This does't suck!

You have it really want this. I know I do. More selections and better money deals in smaller sizes.

My eye opening moment actually came this weekend. My home is on a cul-du-sac and I often let my furry children go out front without their leashes on, anyway there was a big stray dog approaching them - my babies are friendly and think that all dogs are playful. It was clear to me that this one wasn't and had intended on hurting my babies, well I ran at break neck speed with my garage broom in hand ready to go to battle with the stray. When he saw me coming, he immediately ran away. My babies looked at me as if to say "great mom, you just scared away a new friend...I hate you!"

Anyway, I instantly noticed that: I ran faster than I have in years and I was breathing normally when I stopped. What?!? I wasn't out of breath and my muscles felt stretched. Needless to say, that brief moment motivated me to want to start seriously working out because it really felt good!

Thank you everyone for all the feedback to my other postvbut there is one other thing I'm wondering, when you started losing weight, did you actually feel it?? (Of corse you felt it, lol) I mean feel like you were walking around Better feeling like it was easier to get up off the couch and walk, walk longer distances and bend down easier climb stairs ect..ect...? could you do more activity how much more did your energy levels increase and also when did other people start noticing your weight loss or did you wait a certain amount of time and then do like a grand unveiling??

I find that I become aware of things after the fact...sort of like what PrettyThick posted. I'm very limited physically because I need a knee replacement but I can still notice how much easier it is to move around even while depending more on my upper body because my knee gives me so much trouble. I dream about being able to keep up with the grandkids all the time and after my surgery, and recuperation, I'm hoping it will all take place. Because of the physical limitations, it's the clothing that I notice. I posted earlier today that I just got into a size 16 pant size yesterday. When I started this journey I was wearing a 26/28. I'm actually thinking I might wind up in at 12 at the end of all this. That's almost more than I could hope for. As far as a grand unveiling....you will have it with folks who don't see you regularly. For those who do, it will be a constant stream of remarks concerning your shrinking size...especially as you wear clothes that fit you better. Most of us wear things that are way too big until we go down a couple of sizes so that also makes a big difference. Good luck!

I am a completely different person. I don't stop, lol. I can't tell you how many times my husband has said you couldn't of done that before.

It is amazing how much energy I have now.

I went from being the person who sat on the sidelines almost all the time to being very active. My kids complain that I go and go and go and they get tired just watching me. :P

Yup, the year before surgery I struggled to hit a certain speed on my bike for a distance of 10 miles, now if I hit that speed on a 30 mile ride I am disappointed because I am going so slow :D