Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pituitary tumor

Crystal~

Now that you know what you're dealing with, a plan of treatment can be decided on and hopefully you will be on your way to recovery. I'm sure it's terrifying to consider surgery, but as someone else said, people breeze through it and are just fine. Good docs can work miracles, and I'm praying that you have excellent docs who will do the best possible job. You have definitely had WAY more than your share of problems, and my heart goes out to you. Please know that many of us are praying for you and holding you up in our thoughts.

At this point with your mom, I agree with everyone that your time and presence and love are the best thing you can give her and probably the only thing she wants.

Hugs to you, my dear.

Emily

Vines, I am so sorry to hear that you are continuing to struggle with health issues. I only wish you the best, and hope and pray that you will have the strength to get through this difficult time in your life. I agree that just spending the day with her, loving her, crying with her, sharing with her, and I love the blowing bubbles idea, is the best way to spend mother's day. I would be envious, but I know I get to do that with my kids this mother's day myself. Its all I would want, and I am sure it is all your mom wants of you too. Take care, and try to smile. There is good that comes out of every bad situation.

Get her something expensive and beautiful! Live for today, baby! If these are really her last days, make them brilliant, colorful and fabulous.

Vines -

Lots of Love & Hugs.

You're right - there is no "thing" that you can get for someone who is likely to die. Give her yourself - your love, your forgiveness whatever you need to give her.

I know it seems odd - but hey - the tumor sort of a blessing - I mean, at least it is a concrete thing that you can deal with - rather than a nebulous mystery.

I am thinking only the very best thoughts for you and your Mom.

Northwest Gals are made of tough stuff. You will make it.

Hugs!

So sorry to hear about your mother. I'll be thinking of both of you during this time.

I have what is called a pituitary adenoma. I'm not sure if it's the same thing as you but it is a growth on the pituitary gland. My doctor told me that it is almost always a benign growth that can be controlled with medicine. I take Dostinex twice per week, get annual MRI's to see what it is doing in there (shrinking, growing, staying the same) and get bloodwork to check my prolactin levels. That is how they diagnosed me because my prolactin levels were extremely high (in the high triple digits and it's supposed to be 29 - yikes!) The prolactin levels cause your periods to stop completely as your body thinks you're pregnant or breastfeeding. I hope the doctor gives you good news once you have all your test results back. I know the pituitary adenoma is very common in women. Keep us up to date on your progress.

You have some difficult struggles right now.

Pituitary tumor - my sister had one removed a couple years ago. They go in through the nose. It came out all in one piece. No recurrence because it was benign, but she has suffered with the Cushing's ever since. It is not an easy trip.

Mom - I'm sure you have given your mother a lifetime of joy and pride and love. Probably what she wants now is to lean on your courage. Let her know that she was a good mother, that you love her and that you will miss her, but that you will be alright and continue to live a good life.

Prayers and thoughts your way!

I want to thank you all for your kindness. This is amazingly difficult. My father died from cancer 7 years ago, and now my mother. I'm a wreck.

But thank you for being out there, listening to me, offering unconditional support. That means more to me than I can ever express.

Vines I just want you to know that what ever happens in either situation...we are here for you !!! I don't have suggestuions to make it all better but "LOVE" is the greatest gift of all!!! Make her a card that comes straight from your heart...this may be the last chance you get to express your feelings for her...but it could be a new begining of many years to come so have a good out look even when things look bad they can have a good ending....don't treat her like this could be her last mothers day...treat it like its her first!!! Buy her flowers... to me they represent "LIFE"..... Good vibes being sent your way!!!

Vines ~ God Bless your heart!! Sometimes it's bittersweet to get answers, but now you can move forward with all of your strength and tenacity. You can get through this!!! For your precious mom, I would agree with others that time & love is the best, but you could take a pic of your family with a digital camera and have it developed into an 8x10 or larger at Wal-Mart. Last year we lost my SIL and the year b4 that, my MIL to cancer. Both times, near the end, we filled their rooms with pictures. They always felt the presence of their family. I wish you the very best and will be praying for all of you!!

Hi Vines!! I'm not sure there's anything more I can add except to let you know that I am thinking of you & wishing you the best as you go through some very difficult & hard times. Sometimes life just really seems so hard when you get dealt with so many blows at once.

As far as a gift for you mother - write down all the wonderful things you love about her. Whether she lives another week or 25 more years, she would always appreciate knowing those things. Even if there's only a handful of things you can think of - she would appreciate it.

Hugs to you Vines. You can do this.

(((((hugs)))))

:) God bless you, Sister.

I agree with the others ~ the greatest gift you can give her (and yourself) is forgiveness, love, kindness...

You are special. Dont ever forget that.

When my Grandma was dying from colon cancer, we didn't know if she would make it to her birthday or not...but we took pictures from through the years, and with the computer scanned them and burned them to CD. The hospital brought in a TV on a rolling cart that had a DVD player built into it. We all laughed and described each picture to her, reminding her of good times. She was very, very ill but she smiled. I think somewhere she enjoyed hearing us all laugh at ourselves. She died 4 days after her birthday. All of us being together and remembering happier times, I think helped her...and us as we coped with her eventual death.

I will be praying for your health, physically and emotionally as you deal with all of this. God must know how strong you are!

Kat

I don't think I can add anything to what everyone else has said. I'm sending big (((((HUGS))))) your ways! I just know everything will turn out alright for you. When life hands you cow patties, make compost!! Love ya Vines!!!! I'm keeping you & your family in my thoughts & prayers.

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))