Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pituitary tumor

Yesterday I spoke with the doctor from Portland. I have a tumor. The Cushing's diagnosis is cyclical, which means that I have a lot of testing ahead of me.

At this point I don't know what the plan of treatment is, or the plan of action is yet.

I'm still not losing weight. I seem to have stablized at 240, which sucks.

My mother's cancer surgery is scheduled for a week from Friday. I'm sort of stuck trying to figure out what to do for her for Mother's day. What the hell do you get for someone who might not live another week?

I don't know what to say, I wish I was closer so that it was easier to empathize. I shouldn't be the first one, you have countless friends here who love you and could give a much stronger shoulder.

Sheesh, what a huge pile of nasty!

Maybe you should just give her a good hug and cry with her for awhile. Make an event of it. You both have plenty to mourn. When you are all good and drained, go to the park and blow bubbles...

Hello

You just have to keep on hoping, We lost my mother-in-law 3 days before our mothers day this year from cancer, it is so hard, the few weeks before we still wanted to go out a get mum things for mothers day but like you the thought is she still going to be with us or what do you get someone who is going to die, so in the end we gave her the only thing we could all of our love and time, we also got her wedding ring mended (it had been cut off back in January when she was took into hospital) that was the best thing we could have done, it was the last time she smiled and said she was whole again that was two days before she died,

So all I can say is give your mum all the love and time you have a make sure there is nothing missing that you can give back to her before it’s too late.

Good luck with everything I do so hope your mum gets over this and you do too

My heart is with you both.

Cherie xx

Vines, wow. Big hugs and strong healing thoughts to you!! I hope you get everything addressed quickly and cleanly.

As for your mom, I had a very complicated relationship with my mother in the years before she died, and we just ignored mother's day. It doesn't matter in the end; what matters is that you are honest with yourself and her. Good luck and much peace to you and your family. :hug:

Hugs girlfriend, as my Dad use to say,"if you didn't have any bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all". I know you're tired of hearing us say, "hang in there", but that's about all you can do at this point.

Hopefully, knowing we all care will help in some small way.

Vines, I have a friend who had a pituitary tumor and had it removed about 15 years ago. She's on meds now, (thyroid and something for prolactin?) but is doing fine. It's brain surgery. Sounds scary but it's done everyday and folks breeze on through. Okay, so it isn't as easy as band surgery, but you WILL be fine! You are on your way to healing. This isn't your first bump in the road but we are here for you!!!! I'm so glad a plan of action is ahead of you. ((((hugs))) and keep us posted. As for your Mom, your time and attention. Just love her and forgive her. That in itself is so healing for the heart, your and hers! I'm so sorry.

oh my, VQ I don't know how you do it and keep going - but you are and so many of us look up to you for being so strong.

Every day that I remember things about my mother and our relationship, I wish life had been different. I think, even though she was the way she was, I wish I had the chance to say I love you before she died - makes me feel guilty every time I think of this.

We can't change things of the past, but have to live today for today.

The best gift you can give your mom and yourself :D is to tell her and show her that you love her, and if you have a good relationship - cherish every moment....

I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. I am sending warm thoughts and healing energy your way. Since I have been here, you have been the pillar, the most together person here. Now it's time to let us support you, be here for your time of need. Vines, I really believe that you will get through this, and then your weight will just start dropping off like you have been hoping for. You will be a total hottie, and have the strength and life experience to make you an even more amazing person. Like my signature says, the road is rough and the path rocky but you will make it. ~Mandy

Awww, Vines! ((( HUGS!!! ))) How frustrating this diagnosis is getting, huh! At least you know you do have a tumor. Surely that's the first step to getting it diagnosed and under control! (I'm ever the optimist.) I know it's not an easy road that you're facing. I'm sending you healing thoughts, white light & a dose of prayer for good measure! :D

About your mom... tons of hugs & smiles & hand pats & hope. Maybe a silly stuffed animal for her hospital room. A handmade card from your tater tot or letters written from all of you would be treasured I'm sure. But your being there is most likely the most important thing.

Good luck! When the times get dark, remember you are loved!!!

That sucks! All of it...I suppose it is good to know what you are dealing with now, and it's not a maybe but a definite diagnosis. Not knowing can really drain a person.

Hugs to you, regarding your Mom. I suppose all that you can give her is honesty, time and comfort.

Shawn

Oh Vines! You've been through sooo much(I always read your posts)! I know it has to be difficult to keep yourself from curling up in a dark corner somewhere and hiding, but you seem like such a strong person, and I KNOW THAT YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS...

I can't imagine everything that you are going through, all I can do is offer support and prayer and good thoughts....

I think the best gift that you can give your Mom on Mothers Day is the gift of your time, support, and love... Please keep us posted on your condition and your moms...

KEEP FIGHTING, YOU ARE GOING TO WIN IN THE END!:D

Oh cripes, Vines. :-(

Do they feel the tumor is benign? If so, would the removal of it help your symptoms?

You have been through so much with this. All I can do is send you Light and ask that you be healed and allowed to lose weight in a gentle, joyful way.

At this stage in the game, your mom probably just wants her loved ones near. This is going to sound weird, but when my cat Daisy was dying in my arms, he said to me (I heard it in my mind) "It's all about the love mom, it's all about the love" over and over again. And it really is. I think this is what comes to us when we are near passing.

I don't know if this can be done or if she would welcome it, but could you have a Reiki practioner come in and give her Reiki while you are there? Or someone to come in and gently rub her feet?

I worked volunteered in hospice as a Reiki Master and massage therapist and those who were passing really found it comforting when I did that. Just a thought.

God bless you and keep you and your mother in His loving arms. Praying for the strength and faith you'll both need during this very trying and emotional time. Enjoy every moment you have and have had up until this point. I believe that God has a plan, we don't always understand, but all things work together for good and we will know the 'good' eventually. Big hugs and lots of prayers being sent your way. Take care and know that all things are temporary, you will move through and be stronger for having been there.

Crystal,

I can't imagine what your emotional scale looks like right now. In my mind, if I were in your situation, hearing about the tumor would trigger a thought process to the effect of "well, that might explain a few things", but then of course there's the worry of it, and the surgery, etc. And all this on top of everything going on with your mom. I'm with the others in saying that time and love is probably all you can give her. I'm not sure that anything material would mean as much.

I'm sure I speak for lots of folks here when I say that if there is anything we can do, let us know.

*hugs*