Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

Talk to your doctor about switching to a high Protein Shake. I am doing the Chike ilikechike.com and I have no hunger. I have lost 21 lbs in one week and I have to force myself to drink them because I am always full.

My shakes are Bariatric Advantage, which is what my doc wants us to have. I'm hanging in there overall, though. 12 more days. Real food will come back soon enough, right? If I could have stayed on the low carb pre-pre-op diet forever, I think I'd be happy. I can't wait til I can have scrambled egg/egg whites again for breakfast!!! It's when my stomach sounds like a thunderstorm...that's when it gets tough. Thanks for the encouragement. Eyes on the prize.

Well I have 24 hours till I leave for the hospital to get banded. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I am looking forward to being healthier, but at the same time I will miss eating large amounts of my favorite foods. I think the biggest sacrifice I will make though is no more soda. I usually drink 6-12 cans a day of diet mountain dew. It’s been hard these last two weeks not being able to drink them. I am hoping once I am banded and it is no longer a choice it will be easier to be without.

I find it helps to think of things to look forward to. Simple things like being able to ride roller coasters, not paying $2 -$3 more for my clothes, fitting in the seat at the movie theaters, not being self-conscious when I have to sit in those little hard chairs at my daughter’s school, and no longer having to use a seat belt extender to just name a few.

So even though my insurance refuses to pay for my surgery (F@*% you Blue cross Blue shield of Florida) and it has depleted our savings account, I believe this is going to pay off in the long run with reduced medical expenses and a longer life span.

See y’all on the other side.

Scott

Well I have 24 hours till I leave for the hospital to get banded. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I am looking forward to being healthier' date=' but at the same time I will miss eating large amounts of my favorite foods. I think the biggest sacrifice I will make though is no more soda. I usually drink 6-12 cans a day of diet mountain dew. It’s been hard these last two weeks not being able to drink them. I am hoping once I am banded and it is no longer a choice it will be easier to be without. I find it helps to think of things to look forward to. Simple things like being able to ride roller coasters, not paying 2 -3 more for my clothes, fitting in the seat at the movie theaters, not being self-conscious when I have to sit in those little hard chairs at my daughter’s school, and no longer having to use a seat belt extender to just name a few. So even though my insurance refuses to pay for my surgery (F@*% you Blue cross Blue shield of Florida) and it has depleted our savings account, I believe this is going to pay off in the long run with reduced medical expenses and a longer life span. See y’all on the other side. Scott[/quote'] congrats Scott!!! I am 2 days post op and I am so anxious to start my new life!

Well the day has arrived. Getting ready to go get my band.... wish me luck and ill see you later :-)

Good luck to you ;) Hope you have speedy recovery !

Scott, forget the Mt. Dew after the lap band because hopefully you'll have tons of energy and won't need that caffeine any more! Good luck!

I tried to get cardiology clearance (my last hurdle) and as soon as I opened my mouth the jerk gave me problems. He asked why I was there, and when I said lapband, he condescendingly chuckles, "oh, so you can't lose any weight on your own?" Asshat!!! I simply replied, "No, I need HELP." DUH!!! Look at me!!!! Then after interviewing me about family history and medications, he took my BP, which was 130 instead of my usual 120. I don't know why...maybe because I was irritated/nervous? He didn't like that I was on metformin, he didn't understand my bloodwork being so good if I am on it....well maybe it's time I came off it? He wants me to do a stress test and ekg, but of course they had to be during the school day, at separate appts, then one more to meet with him for results. OK, so here is my problem. I am supposed to do presurgical testing on Tues at 3pm. My stress test is Tues at noon. EKG isn't til Wed. Thurs is my primary care physician clearance. Results with cardiologist isn't til Friday, surgery is supposed to be Monday!! If he doesn't clear me, then I'm screwed for my date. I am trying not to freak out, but I almost started to cry. I hate having to replan everything! I'm pissed off!!!

PS And I swear, if I don't get some real food soon, I might just freak out and take over an Olive Garden or Red Lobster. LOL!!!!!! I need something more than salad, apples, and Protein shakes!!!!!

Im now 12 hrs post op. The staff at the facility where amazing... I'm doing ok the gas pain is as bad as those who also suffered said. But walking doors help I've done numerous laps of my house. But the hard part is done now it's just onwards and up :-)

Good luck to you! I hope you feel better soon - the gas does hurt! I had my surgery 9/13 and I'm still recovering - but I've worked since Tuesday and have been able to do some of my chores at home - resting this weekend though! I wish you well ;)

On my way to the hospital now. When I weighed in this morning i was at 294 which is a 23 lbs loss since I started the liquid diet. I may be absent for a few days because I am like every other manly man and will be whining and crying about how much it hurts :)

Have a good day.

The deed is done!

I'm feeling pretty all right today, actually. Just a tiny touch of gas pain and some soreness in my belly, but I'm getting around and trying to stay hydrated. My husband is having a bit rougher time of it--more pain, some dizziness,etc--but really, by all standards we're going good.

We're assigned Clear liquids for two days, then dairy/protein liquids for one week, full liquids including Soups and thinned grain cereals, then purees for two weeks. Works for me--I don't have much of an appetite yet. I've just been trying to stay hydrated.

I'm up about three pounds this morning over my official pre-op weight, so I definitely have some more swelling to get down and Fluid to drop. Time to go for my walk.

I know it's early' date=' but wondering if there's any one else getting ready to get banded in September? I have one more Ins required weigh in Aug 19 then my paperwork gets submitted for approval!

I was already told I'm on the schedule for September 27! Fingers crossed![/quote']

Yes me on September 24th . Good luck

Well I am banded. I got it put in yesterday at 730 a.m. and slept till 7am this morning. Feeling pretty good although it does feel like I just did 2.75 million situps. No gas pains yet and I hope they stay away. I hope for my sake that this is as bad as it gets so I can have a good 2 week vacation from work.

Anyone else on here from the Spring /Hill FL area?