Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

You are losing! Just remember every pound lost is gone forever! This is not a sprint but a lifetime marathon to being healthier! You will get there.

Reminder: try to cut out the Snacks as much as possible. You will find this easier as you get closer to your "Green Zone". Go back to the basics if you have to - 3 small meals a day and 1 snack. 64 oz of Water

I have to remind myself every day to get enough water. Usually when I feel like snacking, water does the trick to curb the snack attack. A Protein Bar in the afternoon is my only snack now and it does a great job of curbing hunger until dinner. Sometimes I have it as an early 11am snack and have a later lunch if I feel like snacking...that also works.

Good luck with your journey!

Thanks for the advice Debbie...I guess I am just so used to snacking because even with all my other fills I have always just snacked but I am seeing what you mean about not needing it. Today is my first day on real foods after the fill because my doc put me on liquids for 48 hours after my fill and so I had my first meal today at 1pm (work late and woke up late hence the late breakfast/lunch) and I had a cup of food and was full and now I am here at work and pulled out some almonds to snack on and after like 6 I felt the restriction...so yeah. I will for sure have train my body not to snack :) Thanks.

I went thru the same thing and wrote about it in a blog post titled "Snacking Not Required"

http://www.debbiedanthony.com/snacking-not-required/

If you get time to read, let me know if you feel the same way...

NSV alert!! I ran for 5 min without stopping twice today at the gym. Week 3 (or maybe 4? I lost count) has me doing 3 min, walk, 5 min, walk, 3 min, walk, then 5 min. The second 5 min was tough, BUT.I.DID.IT!!!!!

NSV alert!! I ran for 5 min without stopping twice today at the gym. Week 3 (or maybe 4? I lost count) has me doing 3 min, walk, 5 min, walk, 3 min, walk, then 5 min. The second 5 min was tough, BUT.I.DID.IT!!!!!

Great Job!!

Sometimes I get discouraged because I miss getting to just relax and enjoy a meal... I posted this blog today about it.

http://www.debbiedanthony.com/fighting-with-my-food/

I would love to know if anyone else feels the same way sometimes and how you get past it?

Hi guys! Time for another check in:

After my unfill in December due to tightness in the chest, I have been struggling with the same 5 lbs or so (at least it feels that way). Today I finally got back for a small fill of 0.5. Doc agrees and wants to be conservative and not lead me back to the ER. I sure hope not this time! But I've been very very hungry and can eat just about anything, so it's time. Doc kept asking me if I could eat bread, but I said no, because I don't want it! LOL I am hoping that this little fill will take more of the hunger edge off.

I am meeting some of my goals: First, I've been more active at the gym, and now can run up to 5 minutes without stopping! I'm up to week 5 on the couch to 5k program, which ramps up to a 20 min run by the end of the week--so we'll see if I can do it on the first try. If not, I just try again the next time. I'm learning to be flexible like that.

Second, I went to the outlets and just to daydream a little, I went into a regular sized people store and I fit into an XL!! WOOOOOO!! I started in a 3x and now XL? Yeah, baby, yeah!!! lol

In other news, I have been bad and let a little sugar sneak back in to my diet, so this week I am cleaning it up (24 hrs on liquids after a fill will help!) and saying good bye to it again.

How is everyone doing?

great job!! sugar will always be a problem for me...I have banned it again for 2 weeks to see if I can do it. Still struggling to get under my next 10 lb goal.

Also, I went for a "Difficult" 2.5 mile hike last monday with the boyfriend. We were climbing over boulders 4 ft tall and crawling through bushes just like Louis and Clark. But on Tuesday, my muscles in my legs really felt it! been pretty sore for past couple days but started back walking again today.

And, wedding day fast approaching in 8 more days so the excitement of it all is creeping in now...and the nerves over everything going well and all tasks being done...lol

hope all my band friends are doing well!!

8 days! Wow! Congratulations! I hope you can share a picture of yourself in your dress. I bet you'll look amazing!

yes I will when i get back from my honeymoon. I feel like a princess in it so that's what matters i guess...

hey every one. i had totally lost track of this tread. good to see folks are still on track.. I'm still struggling to lose it seems that i only lose right after a fill then i am up and down the same 2 lbs till the next fill. over all i am seeing a steady decrease but it is really frustrating for the 3 wks of the month. i only eat 3 meals a day. however the snaking has gotten a little out of control lately as the slow loss is really starting to get to me. . On a NSV side of things i played a few games of bowling last night.. normally it is one game and i'm out - usually my back starts to cramp about the 5th frame and by the 10th i'm barely bowling.. last night i didn't feel a thing not that my game improved any :) .

hope you all stay healthy happy :D

I feel your pain. I am the same...I guess it's in our nature to want quick results. But eventually we WILL lose it! We must! We didn't go thru all this for nothing.

I am 2.4 lbs away from being under another 10lb goal. Hoping to get there before Saturday...MY WEDDING DAY!

Hey everyone!

I have been having major problems with my band. Some days I can eat normally, but most of the time I can't even drink a yogurt smoothie without throwing it back up. I have been trying to eat the same things, but somedays I can't eat what I ate just fine the day before. I have been exercising more and I have not lost any weight. Last Saturday I spent an hour and a half swimming and then I spent an hour on weights and walking. I actually gained what little weight I had lost since Christmas back.

I have not had a fill since the beginning of December. All these problems have started in the last few weeks. I am tired of being afraid to eat for fear of it coming back up. I tried eating at a Chinese restaurant Saturday and I was only able to have maybe 6 toddler size bites that I chewed to mush before I started hiccuping and had to run to the bathroom. It took me almost 15 minutes to eat those 6 bites. No matter how slow I eat or how small the bite is and how well I chew it still comes back up. It happened with just about everything at one time or another, even Jello.< /p>

I am going to get an appointment with my new doctor and talk to him about these problems. Has anyone else experienced this? I am starting to think I may have to get the sleeve instead of the band if I can't find out the problem.

it definitely sounds like you need to see the doctor at this point. Wish you all the best...hope everything is ok :)

I will be thinking about you on your wedding day....make sure you share pictures with us, Congratulations to you and your new husband to be...you will make a beautiful bride!