Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

I'm at 41-42 and holding steady in the same amount of time! It's not a race and we will get there! :)

arch - thanks for the encouragement! I really need it right now! and you are right, this group has saved my sanity more than once and I always return when I need you guys or just want to read others words to know I'm not alone!

I am on the 24 hr liquids because of my fill yesterday so I am using this time to get back on that horse...lol.

My new convictions:

1. I will start logging my food again today and making sure I get enough Water and Protein.

2. I will stop tonight and get my Vitamins and start back on those

3. I will begin walking 2 miles again today and starting Monday night I am going to walk an extra 2 miles at night with my daughter.

4. On sunday, I will go back to preparing my meals for the week (just lean protein and veggies) ahead of time so I don't fall back on processed meals and pre-packaged stuff with all the extra carbs and crap in them.

That should kick start me back into the right mind set. I have printed these out and posted in my office at work and in my kitchen at home.

I will check in next week to let you know how it's going. Wish me luck!

Nope we are not alone in this.. and no it's not a race though gosh darn it it takes so darn long at times i'm at 9.5 in my 14cc band down 50 in total including the pre op diet i am VERY happy with what i lost. but am i happy with who and the way am i am.. nope.. i had thought perhaps at this point iwould have made my goal of a size 16.. nope not even close.. :( I seem only only lose 3 or if i'm lucky 4 lbs a month. i know i should be happy that i'm losing but at this point i can still eat anything.. i just have to chew and take my time. i've had a few moments where i've been really stuck and am trying to stay away from that feeling. it is so not fun. i'm glad i found this site and knowing i'm not alone does help when those demons come calling.

keep up the good work every one... it didn't take 5mts to get where i am so i just got to remember that.. at 4lbs a month even if it takes another year i'll get to where i want eventually.

What do y'all experience when you are really stuck? And what do you do about it? How do you handle it? Just wondering. I don't have too much Fluid in my band - maybe 5 cc's and I can't eat much solid food. In fact, I can't eat much of anything with substance until late afternoon / evening. So 3/4 of the day I eat things like yogurt, Protein Shakes, cottage cheese, Soup, grits, etc. any pointers or suggestions are welcome!? :)

What do y'all experience when you are really stuck? And what do you do about it? How do you handle it? Just wondering. I don't have too much Fluid in my band - maybe 5 cc's and I can't eat much solid food. In fact, I can't eat much of anything with substance until late afternoon / evening. So 3/4 of the day I eat things like yogurt, Protein Shakes, cottage cheese, Soup, grits, etc. any pointers or suggestions are welcome!? :)

when I'm stuck, which doesn't happen often, only when I eat too fast or try to eat Pasta or bread, it is a heavy, painful weight in my chest. It feels like Thanksgiving when you over indulged and your stomach is full all the way up to your esophagus! I start to slime and (sorry for the gross part) but regurgitate some and re-chew it if I can. If not, it takes about 10-15 minutes of this pain before I'm in the bathroom letting it all come back up. It's not like vomiting from being sick because it's not coming from your gut but it's still absolutely no fun. I have only went through this about once a month since banding and it's usually from eating too fast at Breakfast. The 1st meal of the day is toughest for me and if I wait until I am really hungry and choose to eat scrambled eggs -- it's a recipe for disaster :)

I've never slimed or threw up, but I feel it when I eat too fast or too much. Like a not quite pain sensation, but definitely can feel the band.

Debbie, I've been doing so well exercising that I gave myself permission to go crazy in the food dept. I've gained and lost the same 5 lbs since January. Well as of this morning, I am DONE. I made an appt for a fill next month, and if I don't get down those @#$%ing 5 lbs by then I am going to scream. LOL I am signing up for 5ks and for the first time in my life it's a joy to exercise. I love the feeling of just going til my my body says stop, but then going even a tiny bit more.

I like the guidelines you made. I too am pledging to:

1. Exercise in some form every day. Not just the 4 days of running I've been doing. My arms are floppy and need attention, and the B shaped belly needs to go! Say goodbye muffin top, I'm going to attack you!

2. Take my Vitamins and log my food like I did when we started this journey.

3. Measure foods. No more eye balling.

4. No more Cheetos. They are the devil!

5. Use my CPAP again. I had gotten a new mask but didn't take the time to adjust it right, and then I took it off often while I was asleep. Time to get it going again. No quality sleep = no weight loss.

I am "detoxing" today and tomorrow--protein shakes for Breakfast and lunch, dinner is meat and veg. I need to lose the salt Water weight and get the sugar out of my system.

Good luck to everyone, especially Debbie, who has a lot on her plate, but will get back to the routine despite the challenges!

PureVida - you are a real inspiration!! and thanks for your words of encouragement!! and I love your #4, it made me laugh out loud!

I started back on all my routines yesterday except the nightly walks which we are going to start tonight! I lost back 4 of the 5 lbs I gained already and I'm slowly dealing with all the drama in my life. It's all part of living...

My grandma always said "In like a lion - out like a lamb". which meant if your year starts off really rough it will end well so this year should end really good for me and all my family...lol.

Here's to a good year for all of us!!

This is such a hard journey….I find as I get further out from my surgery that sometimes I get too relaxed…let old habits creep in that I thought I had control over….

..and forget it if something really stressful happens….its like everything just "goes to the wind"….its so easy to fall back into old habits. And it is quite easy to "get around" the band if you really have the desire to.

Focus, hard work and severe determination are a daily must, I find, if I am to remain successful….but it is just SO hard some days!

But look how good you are doing and how far you have come!!! 92 lbs in 7 months is amazing!! Keep up the good work and keep reminding me with your success that this can be done...lol

I am so glad to have you guys as support. I am not giving up and I know eventually I will figure out how to make this work for me. Looks like I'm just a slow learner because I don't want to follow the rules to the letter according to my husband. I try to find excuses to get around some of the rules...like "6 oz isn't that much more than 4 oz." and " I should be able to eat what I want just smaller portions". These are both just things that are stopping me from succeeding and I need to get help with the stuff in my head that is blocking me from winning...

Just got back from the doc (0.25 fill for a total of 2.25), and he is proud of me. He gave me a 0.25 fill and told me to keep up the good work. I've been running, biking, and doc suggested I add in weights to boost my metabolism. He did express concern that I can't eat salads. They just don't sit well with me now. I only lost 5 lbs in the last month, but that's ok, it's still a reasonable loss. Doc also reminded me to drink a lot more during the summer because lap banders can easily dehydrate.

Time for another check-in folks! How are you doing?

PuraVida - you are doing amazing!! Keep it up!!

I finally started losing with my last fill. I actually pushed out the fill checkup I had scheduled for tomorrow because things seem to finally be going better. Check out my latest photo taken a week ago...

6 Months

Edited by NewMeDebbie

Lookie there! You did get your neck back! How wonderful! I too still find it weird looking in the mirror expecting to see the old me, but there I am, the new me!

:)

Life is good…no, actually life is GREAT!

The weight loss has been good. I needed to basically buy a new wardrobe of size 12/14 pants and 14/16 shirts….even my feet lost 1/2 a size and the wide width!

I never in my wildest dreams would have thought I would have had these results…and as many say, I wish I had done it sooner.

Trying to make the best food choices I can…although that is sometimes a challenge but I don't deprive myself and I think that is why I'm so happy. I LOVE that I have lost the diet mentality I've always had.

I'm out and walking, walking, walking and loving it. I try to change up my route to keep it fresh. I've never been a gym person so walking will just have to do it for me.

I am beginning to think about having some plastic surgery done….going to begin my research and see what can be done….I know its early but some things are beginning to bother me more now as I get closer and closer to goal….

Otherwise, the family is happy and healthy and I have nothing to complain about!

@@PuraVida37 You're doing awesome and @@NewMeDebbie You look wonderful! And yes, finding those body parts again is so nice. I have learned that I had a lot of fat on my butt…since now sitting on bleachers at my sons baseball game is just painful…but I will take it…better than the alternative!

How is the group? I myself seem to be doing better now that I jumped through that tough plateau I was on for months. the weight is coming off little by little just had to go back to basics...

Miss hearing from all of you...and keep wondering how each of you are doing on this crazy journey

I miss everyone too!! I too was at a bit of a plateau for a bit, but I think I am back to losing. Yea!! I had found that so many foods were a struggle so I was eating foods that were easy to get down, but not the best choices. ( chocolate, ice cream, chips...) but I did not do this to lose 50 lbs I did it to loss 100+ so back on the right track, trying to get to the gym but now that it is so hot outside, my switch up my exercise routine a bit and get moving outside.

Please keep in touch, this group is such a huge help to me!!