Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

I too sometimes wish I would have gotten the sleeve because the quantity is no longer my problem. It seems sweets are the real devil in my life. I know with the other surgeries, it makes you sick when you eat stuff with too much sugar. Maybe I actually need that...but I am a self-pay so The cost was out of my budget. I just have to keep trying the best I can to stay away from things that hinder my success. I keep telling myself it's not forever...just until I've lost the weight...then I can enjoy that chocolate like every other regular sized person

darn those sweets and how easy it is to still eat them . my sister came to visit and brought yummy chocolate from back home i ate it like a crazy person.. that lead me back to the chips and salsa which is my weakness i don't eat a lot but the salt from the chips really plays havoc with me and Water retention is out of control again.

moderation is the key - just need to leave out the salt. ahhh.. i want to see the teens on my scale tired of seeing 22+.. come on 21+.....

each time i drop into a new decade i set my self a new goal. 10 more lbs.. this seems to help with motivation in the back of my head i know what the big picture looks like and that ultimately i need the scale to say 18+.. will get there

To generalize it, for me its carbs that kill me. Before this whole process started I had someone tell me that our bodies get addicted to carbs just as it would any drug. When I started the presurgery diet it became apparent to me that I was going through a carb detox and it sucked but once it was over so were the cravings. I went for months after the surgery with no bread, sweets, chocolate, ice cream or any other sinful pleasures. I had no desire for any of that stuff either. Then when the new year hit and some goodies were being passed around I wondered if I could eat it or if I would get stuck. I never got stuck and then it become a game a curiosity of what can I eat and what can I not. Well now that the game is over I'm back stuck on the carb addiction which leads to cravings and cravings lead to thoughts of "it's only a small piece." If I could have the will power again to drop the carbs I know the rest would become easy again. I don't know about the rest of you but for me I got tired of always preparing meals for me or having to pack a lunch or just always having to plan for what I was going to eat. My life is crazy enough that I didn't want to have to complicate it any more with always thinking about meal planning. I've learned though that the extra five minutes a day it takes to plan or prepare a meal doesn't anywhere equal the disappointment of seeing a gain on the scale. Now if I can just kick these carbs and cravings again......

Edited by 5.0junkie

Ojunkie....I certainly agree with you...chocolate is my crack cocaine! I can go a couple weeks without any but then it seems once the idea is in my head that I want it, I can't get it out until I have something. Then that something leads to something else, and so on and so forth. I seem to have no will power. So I just have to say NO at least until I reach my goal. Then I'm thinking once in a while will be do-able as long as I can maintain my weight...

Just need to get there first!

Ice cream is what is killing me right now. I don't buy it, but crave it and then the teenagers come home with some, ugh, I have got to leave it ALONE!!!!

went in for a fill today. received another .5cc That makes 10.5 so far and I had almost NO restriction before this fill.

However, I did lose 10 lbs since last appointment so I'm ok. Now for the 24 hours of soupy stuff...lol

I just did a 3 mile run and ran 25 min and only walked 6! It wasn't hard either! I'm officially declaring myself a runner! OK, a jogger. It wasn't even that bad, and I didn't need my music to make me go. I just did it. I've done two 5ks in recent weeks (walked/ran) and next week I'm hoping to run almost the whole thing. Wish me luck!!

PS I've detoxed off Cheetos and lost the 5 lbs I've been wrestling with. I've got a couple parties to attend in the next week, so wish me luck that I don't make myself sick or lose my momentum!!

Come on people, it's been a month! Check in time!!

If detoxed off Cheetos, but it's time for me to say goodbye to the Quest bars. I have become addicted to the cookie dough ones. I am sure I shouldn't be indulging every day (even if it is my snack!)

POSITIVES RECENTLY:

I ran a 4 mile race and didn't come in last!! LOL

I am maintaining my weight.

I conquered the cheeto/chips/slider habit.

Trying to get back on my CPAP after months of hiding from it.

THINGS TO WORK ON:

I sprained my ankle, so I'm walking instead of running until I am sure I'm ok.

I am sugar detoxing. Constantly trying to keep A1C level in mind. I do not want to go back to Metformin. Ever.

I still eat too fast and too much. I need to really use the band better.

Gotta eat "cleaner". No more junk, even in small amounts.

How are you all doing? Are you doing so fabulously that you don't even need to be on here? LOL I hope so!!

Well, I'm not doing very well. I am stuck in the same place and it just seems I will never really lose because I don't exercise I guess like a should. It's over 100 degrees here every day right now and it just takes it out of you... Plus my new husband has thyroid cancer or at least 3 large tumors on his thyroid and we have been dealing with that for the past couple months. He is having surgery on Aug 11th.

I wrote a blog about my current views on the lap band. Anyone want to weigh in??

http://www.debbiedanthony.com/cake-walk-no-way/

Oh gosh, Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Best wishes for a speedy recovery after his surgery!!!

Thank you for the good will. We are hoping all will go fine but I will give you an update once the surgery is over and things get back to normal.

Hello ladies! Just checking in to say I haven't forgot about this thread. Been living the crazy life and just haven't had much opportunity to post updates. All is well here but have been stuck for months at my current weight. Still just fighting the good fight and trying not to get discouraged with the process.

I am scheduled for September 18, Lap Band at True Results.

I am scheduled for a September 18th lap band with True Results in Houston, TX

Hello everyone. I have missed you guys. I am struggling, have not lost any weight in sometime now. Going in for a small fill to see if it helps, although I struggle eating most everything that is good for me. Junk food slide way too easy. I had such high hope for where I would be a year ago...not giving up, just need to refocus.