Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

yes, i live outside vegas so it is now it the triple digits...no more walking during the day so working out has been harder. I do have a pool in my backyard so i started doing some Water aerobics routines i found on-line. I do them for 30 minutes every evening when I get home. Well...most evenings...lol weekends in the pool are always fun though...lots of play time with the grandkids!

It's very easy to slip back into those easier routines especially when you get tired of struggling to eat healthy stuff. It gets frustrating. I'm finding if I saute my meat in bragg's amino acids and broth just until done, they are going down much better. I haven't had a stuck episode in weeks. It helps keep me from going back to the slider foods that don't keep me full.

glad to hear you are back on track. Keep up the good work!!!

Edited by NewMeDebbie

yes, i live outside vegas so it is now it the triple digits...no more walking during the day so working out has been harder. I do have a pool in my backyard so i started doing some Water aerobics routines i found on-line. I do them for 30 minutes every evening when I get home. Well...most evenings...lol weekends in the pool are always fun though...lots of play time with the grandkids!

It's very easy to slip back into those easier routines especially when you get tired of struggling to eat healthy stuff. It gets frustrating. I'm finding if I saute my meat in bragg's amino acids and broth just until done, they are going down much better. I haven't had a stuck episode in weeks. It helps keep me from going back to the slider foods that don't keep me full.

glad to hear you are back on track. Keep up the good work!!!

i've updated my goal from 155 to 160. That will get my bmi to healthy

I too have hit a plateau, but I am working hard to get through it. I had been making the same bad choices as Arch. I was so angry with myself that I took that bag of cheetos and stepped on it, crunching every last one and then throwing right in the garbage, where it belongs. I am detoxing again from sugar. Not hard at all this time, actually!

I went to the pool yesterday. What a workout. Made me "good" tired. Doing my first 5k this weekend after being banded. I'll run the hell out of it!! :)

I threw out all my fat clothes, so I better do my best! Can't turn back now!!!

If you need incentive, remember we were banded the same month, you weighed 50lbs more than I did starting out, and now you weigh 7 lbs less than me!! Great job!!

Never forget how far you have come. You got this!

I honestly can't believe it's June again. it was this time last year that i started this journey with my mandatory pre-op weight loss visits..... I never imagined at that time i'd see 224 on the scale again.. finally there... weight loss has really slowed down which i was told it would.. what get's me mad is the unexplained sudden jumps in weight.. this morning after making it to 223.8 on the scale it showed 227.. not a huge gain but still the impact is worse than when i was 270/280 hoping it's just Water retention as that really does mess me up as my salt intake over the weekend was insane..

glad to see we are all still doing good. knowing others have the same issues also help.. but still that feeling this is only happening to me... drives me nuts.

i need to find my motivation i want to see 199 on the scale by September...

sometimes the sudden weight jumps are from salt intake...I had one of those after memorial weekend because of eating a few salty items and drinking alcohol. it comes back off though...

you and I are the same now...

Thanks for the pep talk!!!! :)

This week I decided I was going to end my battle of the 5 lbs, so I've been doing Protein Shakes in the daytime and eating a real meal at night. It took me from 223 to 218 as of this morning. I started on Sunday morning. So it's my detox, and it's SO easy to take to work. I plan on continuing at least through the end of the school year. Then I need to find out what my summer meal routine will be.

I've decided that this summer will be the summer that I get everything done around the house...the patching of walls and repainting, the cleaning out of closets, the tossing of old things to replace with *space* and not more things, the outside gardening that I always wanted to get done. I'm going to turn off the TV and replace it with activity.

Irish, I want to see that 199 too!!!

I'm with you both!! 199 sure sounds good to me! Although 191 officially gets me out of the "Obese" category

Edited by NewMeDebbie

Glad to see you ladies still posting! I've been absent from posting but still read and catch up from time to time. Seems like we are all experiencing the same situations of loss and gain. I've been stuck at the same weight range since my last fill in February. I'm scared to get another fill because I feel restriction now but I do think that one more fill would put me closer to green. I've been experiencing several restrictive episodes. Not really full on stuck but definitely episodes where things hurt when passing. It seems its time to learn again to slow down and take smaller bites.

I was going thru the same thing until I lost this last 9 lbs. now I have no restriction so i guess its time for a fill for me...

we knew this wouldn't be an easy journey but WOW! each pound seems like a hard won victory...lol

Glad to see you ladies still posting! I've been absent from posting but still read and catch up from time to time. Seems like we are all experiencing the same situations of loss and gain. I've been stuck at the same weight range since my last fill in February. I'm scared to get another fill because I feel restriction now but I do think that one more fill would put me closer to green. I've been experiencing several restrictive episodes. Not really full on stuck but definitely episodes where things hurt when passing. It seems its time to learn again to slow down and take smaller bites.

I totally know how you feel this last fill i felt like at first had put me over the top - getting stuck at least once a day it was not fun. Then all of a sudden it has calmed down.. then wham i get a 3lb gain.. i think it's mostly from salt but i've made some bad food choices lately working to get back on track. i've tried the shakes during the day and for some reason just can't do it.. need to find the right mind set and just get at it. happy wed to all

Does anyone else think sweet tea is the devil?

I actually don't eat too terrible. I have definitely slipped up from my early days but it seems early on the hunger was fended off for longer than it is these days. I still eat plenty of Protein and drink plenty of fluids but these last couple of months if I slip up on one meal I will gain two or three pounds. I've been exercising more than ever and nothing is changing other than my shortness of breathe is not as short as it was this time last year. 10 to 15 miles on a bike three times a week has actually become more fun then work. It's nice to be able to enjoy physical activity for once in my life so if the band has done anything for me it's definitely that.

Sweet tea...mmmm.....I'm a southerner originally so YES! I love it!! but I have found diet snapple which has helped. I even have a keurig in my office here at work and a box of kcups of diet snapple for it. I have went back to a cup of coffee in the morning which helps curb my appetite and gives me the extra energy I need for my job.

the only thing that really works for me to lose any real weight is to only eat meat, veggies, and fruit. Nothing else, and I mean NOTHING else. No carbs, no fat, no sugar. If i stick to this, I see real weight loss but I can't really stick to it but a week or two then i go off for a few days. Then back on again. I no it is a yoyo but I figure if i do it more days than not then eventually it will all come off. It seems to work for me so far....

Last night discovered Panda Express has a new chicken and kale that only has 250 calories. It wasn't bad.

Hey everyone. I'm glad that everyone is doing well. It seems that we are all experiencing the same struggles. I don't respond much but I have been keeping up with all the updates. I feel that I have the exact same story as some of you.

I have been eating terrible lately because it seems the bad unhealthy foods go down a lot smoother then the good foods that we need to eat. I have been struggling with chips and Cookies and slider foods and so reading that I am not the only one struggling with this makes me feel better. I am afraid to get another fill because I am already struggling with stuck episodes when I eat. I have a hard time taking smaller bites and slowing down when I eat :/ that is another struggle of mine but I am slowly learning. I have been stuck in the 250's for about 3 months now which is really depressing. 2 weeks ago I finally broke it and am in the 240's now. It has been a slower, longer and harder process then I expected. Sometimes I wish I got the sleeve or gastric but remind myself that the struggle will help teach me and also make me appreciate the weight loss a lot more.

Keep trekking everyone. Slow and steady wins the race. I'm rooting for each and every one of you. Your updates give me hope and make me happy.

Hello all….For me, I believe, the WLS honeymoon is over so to speak…..I've followed all the rules, lost a good amount of weight and like what I'm seeing in the mirror (most days…lol). And now, almost 9 months out, I've learned a few of the tricks of what 'slides' down and how you can really get around the band if one choses to do so….my weight has been steady for a good month and a half and at first i thought i was done.

Then I realized that I set a goal for me to actually meet…something i didn't ever think I could achieve…but darn it….I CAN REACH IT AND I WILL!

So I've buckled back down and am tracking on fitness pal more regularly….back to those basics and stopping the nonsense that got me to the weight I was that I needed WLS. I love knowing I'm not dieting anymore and Im not deprived! How great is that!

I will never return to that place again. I like this place so much more….I feel better and am happy at the reflection I see in the morning.

No excuses for me…the only one I can hold accountable for my success or failure is ME….so watch out 100 pound loss….Im coming for you…and Ive almost caught you.

Good job everyone….cant believe its been almost 9 months already!