Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

Ok I'm so happy for all of you but envious of your success ;)

Don't worry Georgia, I've only lost 20 lbs. We will get there too... Just takes longer for some people :)

This is not a race but a marathon....lol

4 months out and 54lbs down. Things

have slowed to a crawl. Losing maybe .5 a week and then having a 6-7 lb loss overnight.

I was banded in September 2013, I'm 27 lbs down. I wish I was along further, but 27 lbs is nothing to bat an eye at. I hit a huge plateau for too many weeks, finally over that ... Had to mix up my workout routine & added some running, seems to have helped.

I was stuck at a loss of 28 pounds, but after doing a liquid diet for a couple of days I am now down another 3 pounds for a total of 31 pounds lost. I want to get another fill, but with the trouble I have been having I figure I should wait until the weather straightens up. I have a friend in my class that had his band a year ago and he has been having the same trouble I have. So glad that this weather is just not effecting me like this.

Hi Fellow September 2013 band mates!! I love reading all of the posts. NewMeDebbie congrats on the proposal and setting a date...awesome news!!!

Anyway I saw "my team" today and these are my numbers...????....

Surgery date: September 17th, 2013

Starting weight: 259 lbs

Today's weight: 194 lbs

Total weight loss: -65 lbs

Band remains unrestricted

Ok, so here are some stats for my check in:

Starting weight (Aug 1): ~300 lbs

Banding weight (Sept 30): 270

Current weight: 227

Total loss: ~73

Band has 2ccs, same as at time of banding

Trips to ER: 1

Clothing: 26-28 to 16

Gym: 2-3 times a week, 30+ min treadmill intervals, weights, stretching, sauna

Favorite protein: 2 eggs, sunny side up (my Breakfast most days)

Favorite NSVs: Taking charge in bed after many years of not being able to. lol

Other NSVs: clearer smoother skin, able to walk way faster around the building at work

Can't wait to: bike in the spring time

Favorite good indulgence: Quest chocolate chip cookie dough Protein Bars

Lap Band annoyances: gas, empty-stomach shoulder pain, still hard to take compliments, Hair loss

Next fill: Feb 4 (going to ask for .5cc)

Hope everyone is doing well this week!! ;)

Edited by PuraVida37

Wow, I am fashionably late to this party I see! I haven't been around much the past couple months, but hopefully my life is becoming less hectic now (fingers crossed!).

I was banded 9/24/13 and have lost 69 pounds as of today. I still can't believe it. I went shopping in a mall yesterday for the first time in a VERY long time, and was actually able to buy clothes off a rack. I'm down 5 jeans sizes (from a snug plus size 32 to a 24)! It was so exciting to keep trying on clothes and they were TOO big. I honestly had no idea I had lost that many inches in my waist!

I've had only 2 fills and I'm in my green zone. Don't throw eggs at me!! lol Both of my fills had to be performed under fluro as my doc had a horrible time trying to access my port in his office and it really freaking hurt with him in there digging around with a 5" needle! He said my port is slightly tilted, which I'm sure is what's making it harder for him to hit it in the office. My last fill was in early December and at this point I'm happy with my results and not in need of another fill. With the second fill, the restriction was MUCH more noticeable and I really had to retrain my brain and mouth with all the rules I learned preop from the dietician and my surgeon's office. I literally eat 2-3 bites of food and I'm good. I try to make those bites count, always go for my Proteins first, and try not to drink with my meals. The drinking with meals has been the hardest habit for me to break, and I still struggle with it, I won't lie. I have been doing better lately though. I've been going to the gym sporadically, I really need to step up my physical activity, but I also took on a second job in November, so I feel like I am NEVER home or have any free time. But I know I need to just make time and quit making excuses.

I hope all of you are doing well, and I look forward to reading all of your updates!! :)

Hi Fellow September 2013 band mates!! I love reading all of the posts. NewMeDebbie congrats on the proposal and setting a date...awesome news!!!

Anyway I saw "my team" today and these are my numbers.......

Surgery date: September 17th, 2013

Starting weight: 259 lbs

Today's weight: 194 lbs

Total weight loss: -65 lbs

Band remains unrestricted

Thank you!! But WOW! great news on your success!

Sounds like everyone is doing well! I'm lagging behind I my weight loss but I think my latest fill is working better! I'm down several pounds in one week! Hoping this helps keep the scales moving!

Sounds like everyone is doing well! I'm lagging behind I my weight loss but I think my latest fill is working better! I'm down several pounds in one week! Hoping this helps keep the scales moving!

how much have you lost so far?

I have a hard time finding this thread with the new format...but it pops up every once and a while and here you all are!

Things are moving along really well and was happy to go shopping and fit into size 16 skinny jeans....emptied my closet this weekend of every 18, 20, 22 and 24 pair of pants I own and now I am left with the 4 new pairs of pants I bought and a couple of stretchy 14/16 which I can still wear and not have them look like clown pants. Wasnt sure if I should get rid of all of those clothes and then I figured I am NEVER going back to those sizes again...so clean, clean, clean I did. And it felt GOOD!

I still have not had a fill and I believe the plication has a big part to do with that. I'm feeling satisfied with what Im eating and not deprived at all...and that is the key for me this time!

Have my 5 month check up coming this Friday so we will see how that goes. Can't believe its been 5 months already!

Wishing you all a great day!

I have a hard time finding this thread with the new format...but it pops up every once and a while and here you all are!

Things are moving along really well and was happy to go shopping and fit into size 16 skinny jeans....emptied my closet this weekend of every 18, 20, 22 and 24 pair of pants I own and now I am left with the 4 new pairs of pants I bought and a couple of stretchy 14/16 which I can still wear and not have them look like clown pants. Wasnt sure if I should get rid of all of those clothes and then I figured I am NEVER going back to those sizes again...so clean, clean, clean I did. And it felt GOOD!

I still have not had a fill and I believe the plication has a big part to do with that. I'm feeling satisfied with what Im eating and not deprived at all...and that is the key for me this time!

Have my 5 month check up coming this Friday so we will see how that goes. Can't believe its been 5 months already!

Congrats to you!! I also purged my drawers of all the too-big clothes just this past week, and I hauled 5 garbage bags to Goodwill. I had a split second of "man, I should hang on to these" and then I told myself "NO. You are never going to fit in these again!" It's an awesome feeling.

Congrats to you!! I also purged my drawers of all the too-big clothes just this past week, and I hauled 5 garbage bags to Goodwill. I had a split second of "man, I should hang on to these" and then I told myself "NO. You are never going to fit in these again!" It's an awesome feeling.

I did the same thing and I too had a thought of omg, what if...but then I dope slapped myself into reality! So I donated all of my size 32's to the homeless shelter. I now fit into a size 16 sweater/size 18 blouse... I went from a 4x pant size to a 2x. My bra size went from a 52 DD to a 40 C. And lol, my shoe size from a 7 EEE to a 6.5 D!!! I still have all of my 5x sweatshirts because I am cold all of the time and I wear them shoveling snow with multiple layers underneath (love Massachusetts weather). I just love reading all of everyone's success stories!! You are all Truly the inspiration that keeps me motivated!!!

Well I am now convinced my body just loses weight funny. I have literally weighed the EXACT same for the past 3 days! not an ounce different. Only eating 1200 calories and walking 2 miles a day and that scale doesn't want to budge!

Funny thing is that it really doesn't bother me now because I know it will eventually. It seems I go for a couple weeks with little change and then I just drop 4-7 lbs overnight!! It makes no sense but I am starting to understand my body better now and I will take what I can get!! And I still notice the NSV differences in my clothes and the way I feel. I can now walk longer with less effort and no heavin and hoein...lol

I never come on but I love getting notifications in my email with all your updates. I am not doing well as far as eating and being faithful at the gym and so my weight loss has not been doing well either. I have to keep having these pep talks with myself that I can do it and every morning I recommit to doing better at making better food choices. I had another cc put in to my band on Tuesday and the restriction is unbelievable. I seriously have about a cup of food and I am done. I have never had that feeling before. I love to chug Water but have noticed that I cannot chug like I did just a week ago, I can take a couple big gulps and then stop and just sip through out the day. So that is 3.5 cc in my 10cc band. I am hoping that this last fill will really help me with my portions and eating habits. I am a snacker, for sure, and so I am making sure that I only have healthy Snacks around me at all times. Slowly but surely. I started at 285 and am at 255 now and so I have lost a total of 30lbs and am hoping to lose some more weight with this last fill and the restrictions. Hoping to find my green zone soon. All your journeys inspire me. Thanks :) Lets keep it melting!!!