Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rec'd devastating news and all I want to do is eat.

I am sorry for the bad news you have received. I know the cancer fight is hard. I have had my own personal experience with it: twice as a matter of fact. All I can tell you on that part, is to love your brother and think on the good memories. Instead of sorrow, make it your duty to bring joy to him, to family, to yourself. As you must fight for you health, you also must fight for your joy. It is something I practice everyday of my life. If I can cry than I can laugh. If I can frown than I can smile. Where there is bad, there is also good. Rough days are ahead, but good days are well in reach. I have no advice on emotional eating. When I am emotional, I don't want to eat at all. So, I would go with the advice of others on that topic. I will pray for you and your family.

Found out yesterday that my brother's cancer has come back and prognosis doesn't look good for him this time around. All I could do yesterda was cry and eat. All I want to do is eat' date=' yes I'm an emotional eater, I did this during my separation/divorce and gained a lot prior to surgery and now I don't know how to deal with my emotions and wanting to eat my sorrows away.[/quote']

Sorry Donna. I am an emotional and boredom eater. Knowing this try to set yourself up with good Snacks to get you through this hard time. Prayers and hugs to you!

thanks again everyone! Things are getting better each day this weekend as things are sinking in. My brother on the otherhand is in good spirits, still jokes around and cracks jokes over the phone, he lives in Nashville which is an hr and half away from us but we talk daily. He's optimistic and is ready for his aggresive chemo treatments to start Wed. His las day of work for several months will be Tues. I seem to have gotten a handle on my eating, actually have lost a lb. Have been very active dealing with yard sale items, packing and everyday chores. I have my colonoscopy this Friday ck'ing for cancer since his started in the colon and was hereditary so fun fun for me in the prepping part, lol. Don't mind the procedure just the prep, sigh! Thank you all for keeping my family in your prayers.

Donna

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Prayers for you and family Donna... We have experienced loss to Cancer -daughter and a Son In Law...Your brother would not want you to lose your battle with obesity..No matter what , it's all in God's hands..

So sorry for what you're going through....I'm also an emotional eater, I found out that prayer and walking helped me a lot after I lost my daughter two years ago.

Hi doll. Just saw this and I just have to say cancer stinks! You can make it through this. I know you can...I've heard how you have already survived some extreme stress situations before and I know you will make it through this one.

Your brother is an amazing guy. His kindness and spirit has already blessed my family...I think he would be telling you you are worth more than that and he needs you to be strong and healthy for him right now. To help him make it through this.

So, while it might be the last thing on your mind make your health a priority...lean on your good friends for strength and when it gets extra hard think about all the people praying and loving your family from afar.

So sorry, Donna! huge ((((hugs)))) for you, and prayers for your brother and the family. God bless you all! And Sharpie says it best. You can do your best to be his friend and your own best friend right now. We are here for you, too!

Thank you all so very much, I'm touched by the outpouring love here. Anna you and the kids are very special to us, I can't tell you how sweet that was for Bella to color a picture for Donny. You and your family will always hold a special place in my heart.

Well just thin of it this way there goes a couple ore lbs just for the prep lol I hate the prep having to drinking that much for the cleanse but at least you'll now the results and remeber you chose the band to be more healthy and I am glad he is cracing joes so laugh with him remember it taes of calories and you use muscles to smile so don't frown cause I thin it doesn't take that many so hope things go well.

Oh my goodness Pastor O thank you for the offer' date=' we are Christian people and my brother's wife works at a massive Baptist church in Nashville and has many people praying but if you would like to add him to your prayers that would be great as we've done the same in my church as well and I've got a prayer chain going on Facebook so the power of prayer is going strong right now with our Faith in God. He has been in remission and God allowed that so we have faith in God's loving hands again but God has a plan that none of us can control. Thank you so much.

Donna[/quote']

Donna,

You can inbox me any email addresses or any contact info & details and I will be in prayer !

Pastor O