Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone, i was banded 7/31/13. I wanted to check to see how all was doing. We are not far from our year anniversary!! My weight loss has slowed down and has stayed the same for the past month or so. Can anyone relate any suggestions for me?

I had my surgery 7/30/13 and my weight is up and down. Last time I went to the doctor he wasn't happy bc of the weight I gained. However I was off work for three months due to hand surgery and us "bigger" folks when they are bored what do they turn to???? FOOD!!!! So I am trying to get back on track...I think the one thing that hurts me is I'm such a picky eater. And also I guess I thought the band would be this miracle cute but it takes a lot of work and maintenance to keep up with. I thought I would've been further then what I am but I try to stay positive at least what I have lost is a loss and on the plus side I didn't gain all the weight back that I was on surgery or before surgery so ill take it :)

Hi Brittani87. Dont give up and try to stay positive. Like you said you have not gained all the weight back and you should pat yourself on the back for what you have lose. How many CCs or in your band? Did the doctor suggest a fill?

I had my surgery 7/30/13 and my weight is up and down. Last time I went to the doctor he wasn't happy bc of the weight I gained. However I was off work for three months due to hand surgery and us "bigger" folks when they are bored what do they turn to???? FOOD!!!! So I am trying to get back on track...I think the one thing that hurts me is I'm such a picky eater. And also I guess I thought the band would be this miracle cute but it takes a lot of work and maintenance to keep up with. I thought I would've been further then what I am but I try to stay positive at least what I have lost is a loss and on the plus side I didn't gain all the weight back that I was on surgery or before surgery so ill take it :)

I have no idea how many cc's are in my band..I got a fill on may 20th

I have no idea how many cc's are in my band..I got a fill on may 20th

Knowing how many CC's are in you band is as useless as knowing how many holes are in a screen door. Seriously, I have no idea why people track this stuff. I saw your other post and I too was banded last July. I thought I could eat whatever and the weight would magically fall off. My sister had the band, ate like a bird, once a day, was never hungry and lost a ton of weight. That was 5 years ago and she is still doing great. I'm down 65 with a goal of 106. I didn't sh*t for the first 7+ plus months. I paid $250 a fill and had 12 of them. Then I said, I am either going to get it unfilled and lead a fat life or find out why I wasn't successful. I was miserable. Angry even. I went to my doc and bitched for 10 minutes. What I got back, was information, support and direction. I hope you can get back on track. I've found over the years I have no will power but I do have motivation. If I can help, in any possible, please don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck, it's a lot of work.

That should say I didn't LOSE sh*t for the first 7+ months....

That should say I didn't LOSE sh*t for the first 7+ months....

The doctor I see when you go for your very first appointment you pay $300 dollars up front for the behavioral therapist and the dietician so he wants me to see her and keep a food diary and so I started to and have stopped. But I was mad at myself when I was in his office may 20th and seen how much I gained back. And was determined to get back on track.

I have a friend who is like your sister and her surgery will be two years and she has gone from a size 28 to a 14...and she doesn't eat much...

Glad to see some of us still checking in from time to time! Can't believe it's already been almost a year. In some ways, the time has flown, and in others, it seems like ages. I'm down 77 pounds, but let me tell you, it seems like the last 10 pounds has taken at least 3 months. Things have really slowed down for me too, and I know it's because I need to start exercising. I use the excuse that I need to have a knee replacement (I have no cartilage left in my left knee, so it's bone-on-bone), but there are activities I could do that probably wouldn't bother it too much, and would probably help me kick-start the weight loss again. I am happy with my weight loss though - thrilled actually, when I think of where I was a year ago. This is such a wonderful tool to have. I just keep thinking that this is a life-long process - it's a marathon, not a sprint, and we're all making positive changes, so we'll make it to goal eventually. And it's not like we have a time limit, right? I hope more of our group checks in. I'm really interested to hear how @@Zingythingy is doing. Last I heard from her, she had lost over 150 pounds already, and I think that was in April. She is a workout machine!! I wish I had even half her energy. So, let us hear from you, July 2013 band buddies! How's everybody doing? :)

Congrats MammaJamma42!! You have done great. Yes you are so right there is no time limit and everyone’s body is different. They do say it’s better for it to come off slow. So i will work harder and stay patient as i am truly blessed for the pounds i have lost :-)

Exactly, Patiently! And thank you - you've done great too! :)

Congrats MammaJamma42!! You have done great. Yes you are so right there is no time limit and everyone’s body is different. They do say it’s better for it to come off slow. So i will work harder and stay patient as i am truly blessed for the pounds i have lost :-)

Hey July banders. Like mammajamma I can't believe it's nearly a year. Such a life changing experience. It shows me I had no life to speak of before. So I'm down 165lb. 10 to goal. I'm training for a time trial race on my bike. And an Iron woman before I'm 40. 2 yrs to go. I have a part time job as a carer. And couldn't be happier. I've been extremely lucky I had no health issues hampering my efforts. I can take care of all my own hygiene and wipe my own bottom. ( tmi but it was a problem) I can run a 9 minute mile when before I could hardly walk.

There are downsides however to such a speedy weightloss. Loose skin. No breasts anymore. But I'll live with that. No matter what your loss is it's a massive success. Carry on being fabulous. Once again thanks mammajamma. I'm very flattered. ????

WOW Zingythingy!! Keep up the good work!!

Thank you patiently I've slowed right down weight loss wise. This last 10 lbs is going to be tough. But as the saying goes. "If it doesn't challenge you it doesn't change you" I'm having to eat super carefully and low in calories and I'm working out 150 mins a day 6x a week.

Edited by Zingythingy

That is awesome that you have dedicated so much time to your workouts. I need to step it up If i want to see the results. I love your moto "If it doesn't challenge you it doesn't change you". I will keep that in mind