Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I lost 15 pounds before surgery then after surgery i gained 6 back because I needed a fill. My doctor told me not to worry about it though. But I feel like the loser I've only lost 19 pounds. Started the gym tonight I worked out for two hours.

I lost 15 pounds before surgery then after surgery i gained 6 back because I needed a fill. My doctor told me not to worry about it though. But I feel like the loser I've only lost 19 pounds. Started the gym tonight I worked out for two hours.

This is what pisses me off! Tired of f*ckin doctors telling me not to worry. Why would they? They aren't the ones that forked out over 5 grand now and suffered being a fat ass my whole life. Sorry Brittani, it touched a nerve. I can so relate. I am tired of hearing about its a tool. It's mental. You have to put in the work. If this tool was in my tool box, I would chuck it off a bridge!

Good luck to you and just remember one thing, YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER! If you think you need a fill, make sure to get one!

I really came off angry here. I may need to vent more often, that felt good!

G

Hi brittani, I know its frustrating gaining weight the whole point of the op is to lose.. However weight gain once you start eating again could be due to your glycogen stores replenishing. The pre op diet gets rid of them but they do return.

Secondly I'd like to introduce myself

Frances

Ireland

Op. 3rd july 2013

Start weight. 350llb

Current weight 276llbs

Goal for september lose 14 llbs

Goal weight. 170 llbs

Reason for banding. To love myself again see my daughter grow up and become a woman and live her life.

So hi everyone.....

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LapBandTalk

Welcome zingy to our July band buddies group! Sounds like you're off to an amazing start! And from Ireland - very cool! I've always wanted to visit Ireland. I have a lot of ancestors from there. You are TALL! Lucky you! My husband and son are both 6'5", so I know some of the challenges of being tall, but also some of the rewards. I am only 5'6", but lucky to have them around to reach anything for me when I need it. Great to meet you! :)

Hi mamma, thanks for the message. I'm actually a brit living in ireland..some irish ancestry but british through and through... Yes I'm tall for a woman..lots of advantages my weight was spread over a large area...lol.. few disadvantages (trousers swinging around my ankles) I think I'm doing ok... I know you shouldnt compare your own progress to others but its hard not too.. I think I expected similar weight loss to bypass patients.. But as long as it keeps going down no complaints... Chat soon.. :-)

I kinda understand you, ive wanted this for years but now that i have it and loosing weight for some reason im not enjoying it, i feel sad most of the time and every time i see the scale going down i honestly dont get happy its like im not seeing anything new,,, i dont understand whats going on

Pampi, I wonder if this is some kind of a form of "self-sabotage". You need to be able to say goodbye to those pounds and the bigger clothes without feeling sad. Maybe it has some psychological reason that you may want to figure out.

I was banded w/plication on 7-18-13 post op visit 9-23-13 and I'm down 45 pounds.

I have my "happy green" zone, I feel great! No more arthritis meds, just one pill a day and that is for my allergies. I've had one fill since surgery. I'm so very happy!!!!

HI, I was banded on June 27th, I am 3 month out and has lost 27 pounds (starting weight was 235). I have not had a fill yet. I am one of those rare people who does not get hungry for 2-3 hour between meals if I eat enough Protein - even without a fill. I might be in a green zone even without a fill. The catch is: I am able to eat 2-3 cups of food without problem and it takes a lot of effort to restrain myself :(

As of now, I am able to lose 4-5lb/month. One part of me wants a fill so that I would stop eating after 1 cup but the other one is afraid of getting a fill.

Hi heather, I was banded july 3rd. I was able to eat loads initially like I wasn't banded at all until my last fill I could eat lots..had to be really strict not too.. Now I'm in or around the green and can't eat much now its great but sad all in one. Great the band is doing its job, sad because its not my decision/choice now.. Silly I know.. Don't be scared of a fill you will be ok if you follow your teams advice... Goods luck

I feel the same way, heather. After a visit to my doctor he agreed no fill was necessary, however he said when I started gaining and wanted a fill there's a long way to go from empty. He decided to just put 1 1/2 cc in my band. I feel very little difference.

I'm beginning to think I'm weird, I was banded 7/15 and have lost 21lbs. I had my first fill 8/29, lost 3lbs after that but have not lost anything since. I can eat my cup of food and not be hungry for 3 hours so I think I might be green or at least getting close. I see people on the fill board who have had 3 or 4 fills already but I don't think I need another one. Am I weird or should I just be enjoying this?

Forgot to say Height. ' date='6'2 Sent from my GT-S5830 using LapBandTalk[/quote']

Zingy I used to live In Dublin Ireland for a couple of years . I miss it. Where do u live?