Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2013 Bandsters - How are you doing?

Ack, that doesn't seem to make sense to me. Sorry you are going through that. I would definitely be wanting to speak to the surgeon.

On the other side, congrats to you on your dedication!

Thank you!! I go to the gym 3-4 times each week and work my butt off. Although i only lost 37 pounds since being banded, my total loss since my 6 month diet starting in january is 66 pounds.

Yes my PA is very very strict....there is also someone else that goes to the same PA and is having the same issue with fills.

This is why i set up an appt with my surgeon. I dont like the fact that i never see her. It seems that everyone here see's there surgeon but i have to see a PA and im pretty sure its billed the same way.

37 lbs is nothing to sneeze at! It's awesome! Big congrats on the 66 too!

I agree, that seems strict! I hope it gets sorted. I mean if the band can go to at least 10cc, why on earth stop at 5 if you truly need more. I am at 7.75cc right now.

I don't feel I am green yet, but I have decided no more fills until maybe the New Year. I have to be careful and remember to go slow and small. I have gotten stuck twice and have had discomfort a few times. I am afraid of it being worse if I get any more, though I am sure it will only take a small amount to know what the Green Zone is.

I want to get through the holidays and family dinners without letting people know something is up. So far, I survived Canadian Thanksgiving the weekend before last, at my in-laws and no one seemed to think anything was up or noticed how little I ate. I was lucky though. My mother-in-law didn't want to do the whole turkey dinner this year and went with chicken and dumpling stew. Was pretty easy to eat and easy to eyeball out a cup portion, plus is looks like more spread out on the plate LOL. I did not finish it and I only had a small sliver of pumpkin pie and no one questioned me.

I am managing ok. I also exercise a lot - running 3x a week, yoga once a week and strength 2x a week (though I have to find something I like better as I hate free weights).

I track everything on MFP, keep an eye on sodium, etc. I take my portion and stop there, never more. It's enough to take away the hunger but never ever "full" (good). It's rare that I can't eat the whole portion, but has happened once or twice.

I get hungry (physically) right on cue at the 2.5-3 hr mark, the odd time longer but I never forget to eat! LOL I can't see that happening. I have gone to bed hungry a few times as I eat my last snack 3hrs before lying down to sleep. Not sure if this is considered green or very close.

I also want to learn to eat properly like it's second nature (ie no stucks or discomfort) before I think about more fill...

Well thats great. I would think you are very close to green.

I dont do weights just yet. I sometimes play around with them at the gym for literally like 2 minutes. They are very intimidating!! But i no i need to start.

Im not at all complaining about the.weight loss. It is a great feeling to lose. I just know my body and i think i need a fill and that might be the extra boost i need, although the PA does not agree. I still follow the rules. I log everything on MFP as well and weigh.myself each week.

I lost the whole time since banding and before each fill. That didn't mean I didn't need any fill, it just meant that like you, I was following the rules plus moving my body.

Good luck! I really hope they can see that!

I just have a dislike of weights- dumbbells. It's just an exercise I despise. Plus they are boring to do at home. I think I may do a push-up and plank 30-day challenge instead. lol

I'd much rather go to a sculpting class or something.

I lost the whole time since banding and before each fill. That didn't mean I didn't need any fill' date=' it just meant that like you, I was following the rules plus moving my body.

Good luck! I really hope they can see that!

I just have a dislike of weights- dumbbells. It's just an exercise I despise. Plus they are boring to do at home. I think I may do a push-up and plank 30-day challenge instead. lol

I'd much rather go to a sculpting class or something.[/quote']

Exactly i will see on friday!! Fingers crosses.

I agree with the weights. I go to the gym and there is not very woman that go to the weights. Mostly men. But i do have 2 25pound weights at home that i could use. I just think my arms will be flabby no matter what. They are already flabby so not.much i can do about that .

I would rather do 20 more minutes on another machine than.lift weights lol

Hi there...just stumbled across this thread. I was banded june 24...i. Can't believe it's been almost 4 months...and how much has changed for me.

I decided to get banded with the hopes of reducing the number of meds i have to take, and already i take one less blood pressure med, and i have reduced the dose on two other meds. I've had one fill, not sure about this green zone thing yet... I also have been tracking everything, and following the rules as best i can. I had one stuck episode - i think i was eating too fast, but it was scary..., so I too can relate to the fear of being too tight, so i haven't been in a hurry for more fills.

Congrats on getting through Thanksgiving...i took the easy way out, and returned home Sunday, skipping the family get together Monday. I am sure i would have been fine, but i was dreading the looong meal.

Congrats to all on your success so far, glad i found this thread!

Well I survived the trip to DC and was very pleased to see I held within .5 lbs despite eating more. I am guessing all the walking over the city helped. I set a new personal record of 18000 steps on Sunday with fitbit. I was tempted to walk around the hotel to get over the 20K mark, but my feet said no way. So now it is the dash until the holidays to get down to the next level. Congrats to everyone on their great progress so far.

Thats great at least you didnt gain with eating more. I have no clue how many steps i walk each day. Congrats on your weight loss so far

Hi there...just stumbled across this thread. I was banded june 24...i. Can't believe it's been almost 4 months...and how much has changed for me.

I decided to get banded with the hopes of reducing the number of meds i have to take' date=' and already i take one less blood pressure med, and i have reduced the dose on two other meds. I've had one fill, not sure about this green zone thing yet... I also have been tracking everything, and following the rules as best i can. I had one stuck episode - i think i was eating too fast, but it was scary..., so I too can relate to the fear of being too tight, so i haven't been in a hurry for more fills.

Congrats on getting through Thanksgiving...i took the easy way out, and returned home Sunday, skipping the family get together Monday. I am sure i would have been fine, but i was dreading the looong meal.

Congrats to all on your success so far, glad i found this thread![/quote']

Thats great that you got to eliminate a med!!

I am cooking thanksgiving and i no i will be okay because i dont usually make any sweets just usually pumpkin pie.

Congrats on your progress.

Frustrated. I have now hit my first plateau. Nothing in 3weeks. Any suggestions?

Just stick with it. It won't be your last. I had some that lasted almost 2 weeks then boom it seemed like it fell 5 pounds in 3 days.

Thanks Gary. Hoping to get things moving. I know it's normal but it is so frustrating!

Is it just me or does anyone else not spend as much time on here since the redesign of the website and merging of the different boards into one 'Branded Experience?' Maybe it was just the week of the site being closed weaned me from it.