Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breakfast suggestions

Any suggestions for Breakfast, other than the typical eggs and Greek yogurt?

I was banded on 5/8/13 and haven't had much restriction until now. I was eating less, but didn't have any issues with what I ate or how large my bites were. Well this morning, my first solid meal after my fill, I had my typical light English Muffin with 1 T Peanut Butter and I learned QUICKLY what being stuck feels like. I'm not sure if the culprit was the English Muffin or the size of my bites but I'm not will to find out!

I get sick of eggs quickly and would love suggestions. :-)

how about oatmeal and cream of wheat? You should be able to get those down easy enough. I keep the packets in my desk at work and it's an easy Breakfast.< /p>

Have you tried granola in yogurt? I have it all the time, Iove it. Also oatmeal and cream of wheat are good suggestions. You can do a boiled egg :) .I know some people eat rice for breakfast, they eat it with sugar and milk. There are also all kinds of healthy cereals out there to chose from. I also eat cottage cheese with fruit like peaches,strawberries, and pineapple, that is good too.

~~~Stephanie.

Any suggestions for breakfast, other than the typical eggs and Greek yogurt?

I was banded on 5/8/13 and haven't had much restriction until now. I was eating less, but didn't have any issues with what I ate or how large my bites were. Well this morning, my first solid meal after my fill, I had my typical light English Muffin with 1 T Peanut Butter and I learned QUICKLY what being stuck feels like. I'm not sure if the culprit was the English Muffin or the size of my bites but I'm not will to find out!

I get sick of eggs quickly and would love suggestions. :-)

Oh, I remember it well!!! My first solid food meal after the band. I was running late for work, which is normal for me, so I went through Sonic and got a breakfast burrito. I wasn't thinking because I was in a hurry. You know how the first bite is just doughy tortilla? OMG!!! I thought I was going to die!!! You learn quickly!

I also found that Peanut Butter on bread gets stuck pretty easily for me. I think it just turns into spackle in the pouch and kind of stops up the hole for a good long time. It's nice to know, though, when I know I'm going to be somewhere that I won't be able to eat. I eat a half of a peanut butter sandwich (no jelly) and I'm good for hours!!

As for breakfasts (as long as you are on full solids), I have found that a slice of ham and a slice of low-fat cheese (my favorite is pepper jack) on a whole wheat tortilla is super easy. I stack it, fold it in half, melt it in the microwave for about 20 seconds, and I'm off. I also make breakfast burritos alot - pretty much the same thing plus an egg. A banana usually fills me up pretty quickly too. Since cantaloupe is in season now, I've been eating that alot. Other than that, it's usually greek yogurt and berries.

I have a jimmy dean egg white sandwich monday thru friday, and on weekends i make an Unjury iced mocha and grits. I just make sure i take small bites and chew. My nutritionist said the sandwiches were a good choice for low calorie and high protien.

Thanks everyone - great ideas!

Weight Watchers Smart Ones have some pretty good breakfast items. I typically have a Protein Shake and Greek yogurt with granola or oatmeal.

I like oatmeal with crazins, also we have WAWA stores where I live and there breakfast burritos and bowls are very good. I am half full in my band and the burrito still works if I eat slow ! LOL

Take 2 eggs add some skim milk and seasoning and mix well spray a muffin tin and line with a piece of deli meat pour egg mixture into muffin tin. It's kinda like a quiche you can add veg. Or low fat cheese it's really good and low carb..

To be honest with you, I used to have a Protein Shake for breakfast because I was usually to tight to eat anything in the mornings. Now I have Proti Oatmeal (less carbs and more protein) or a Protein shake or a Protein Bar or maybe Egg Beaters with Canadian bacon and guac (usually weekends). Sometimes I may have PB2 and half a whole wheat round. I rarely have regular oatmeal or any other Cereal due to carb content. I haven't had rice for anything since my initial surgery.

I have a hard time with anything bread like .. Tortilla , breads ... Crackers are fine but I'd like satisfying food suggestions ... eggs although a old stand by are not a go too for me any more .. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I usually have a Protein Shake for breakfast. Either a smoothie king gladiator with only one portion of fruit, or I make my own Protein shake with lean1 chocolate or lean1 chai latte. I love adding PB2 to my Protein Shakes too. A good lean1 chocolate with pb2 is 25 grams protein to start the day and less than 300 calories

Jimmy dean's Breakfast bowls are pretty good. Very high in portei . You get the egg but it's mixed in wih other things. I have gotten to the point that I can barely stomach eggs on their own so this helps mix it up a bit for me.