Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Guys. Does anyone have a doggy that has been totally awesome. My Scooby has been walking super slow with me, he's not pulling me anywhere & barely sleeps at night. Im about to go for a shower & he rested in the hall "supervising".

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 using LapBandTalk

post-351607-13813142022538_thumb.png

I have a 10 year old golden retriever, Jasper, who is seriously the most sensitive dog I've ever encountered. If anyone in the family is sick or even depressed/anxious, he is glued to them and very attentive. Bless his heart, he has a thyroid problem and we call him Tubby Bubby (I always wanted to be able to say that I was tubby because of my thyroid, but it was all on me - no defective thyroid to use as an excuse....). Anyway, he's getting old and slow, so he is a great walking partner. And since we both need the exercise, it's a match made in heaven!

Dogs are so awesome - complete, unconditional love and devotion!

Must love dogs!!!!

Hi Guys. Does anyone have a doggy that has been totally awesome. My Scooby has been walking super slow with me' date=' he's not pulling me anywhere & barely sleeps at night. Im about to go for a shower & he rested in the hall "supervising".

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 using LapBandTalk[/quote']

YES! It is so amazing! My standard poodle Favor has been watching me like a mamma bird watched her new babies ! He too has been walking slowly with me. I thinks he understands why he can climb on my lap for a nap like he used to and why mommy is not as playful ad before. It's almost like he has a keen sense that I am not feeling so great! It's awesome!

My little dog was stuck to my side for the first 2 weeks after surgery. I'm not sure he understood what was going on, but he knew something was not right with me. He would curl up in bed next to me, as close as he could get, and just watch me as I slept. He was my little nurse. Dogs are the best of friends!

My Labradoodle was still young when I had my surgery and he was really good. I just had hip replacement and he is awesome. I take him out with my walker and he actually watches me to make sure he doesn't get too far ahead of me. They have great instincts! Got a love them.

BklynPenny

I am so happy that you posted this because I feel the same way about my little chihuahua. He has been the best source of emotional support for me these last two weeks. I have adults for children. One lives in New York, and one is off to college. I am home all alone while hubby works. After surgery I noticed that my dog wouldn't leave my sight. He would lay next to me and look into my eyes. I even told my husband that I think he feels my pain. He's been following me all over the house. I love my dog soooooo much and I believe that having him around has helped me recover. Thank you for bringing up the subject.post-215289-13813135224158_thumb.jpg

post-353414-1381314202377_thumb.jpg

@cappyd,

I totally agree with you!

Yeah, we do love our dogs! My little girl is the best therapy I've ever had, and I couldn't love anything more....if I gave birth to it :P

She's a border collie/Australian shepherd mix, and tends to make sure that I'm walking fast enough - LOL!

How do you insert pictures? I've tried several times, but can't seem to figure it out.

My little dog was stuck to my side for the first 2 weeks after surgery. I'm not sure he understood what was going on' date=' but he knew something was not right with me. He would curl up in bed next to me, as close as he could get, and just watch me as I slept. He was my little nurse. Dogs are the best of friends![/quote']

Yes they are!

I have been staying at my sisters post op. I came home today to my 2 -7 year old Shih pops, max & Hannah. Hannah is just like a baby, she is 7 lbs and always jumps all over me lays on my stomach all the time. When I came home today she was very careful with me, didn't jump on my stomach and has been laying next to me in bed for most of the day. Maxwell will not leave my side when I go for a walk. They are so intuitive! I missed them so much!

I have two dogs, eight year old Huey, and two year old Chica. Chica is very high-strung. Since I live alone, I left them at the boarding facility that my vet runs for one week following my surgery on 2/19/13. I was worried that Chica would jump on me. It's her usual method of greeting me. But when I picked her and Huey up, she was calm. Upon our return home, the first thing she did was sniff my stomach. Whenever she started to get to energetic, I let her smell my stomach and she'd settle down. I knew I was progressing well when I pulled up my shirt for her to sniff my tummy and she looked at me like I was crazy! :D

[sharedmedia=trackers:tickers:2827]

I have 2 Coton de Tulear's (5month male & 6month female) they are such a joy! My surgery is scheduled Tuesday July 16th (2 days) and I look forward to walking in the backyard with them during recovery.

My dogs, Harley and Callie are both full blooded german shepherds and are always very aware when mommy is upset or in pain. They are the sweetest things!!

post-352246-13813142028094_thumb.jpg

post-352246-13813142028838_thumb.jpg

My marti has been a blessing. She never leaves my side and dale makes me laugh when I need it most. They complete me.

post-206476-13813135250696_thumb.jpg

post-206476-13813135250943_thumb.jpg

post-352351-13813142032033_thumb.jpg

post-352351-13813142032787_thumb.jpg