Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

I was banded Monday and came home yesterday. Woke up scared that I had done the right thing for a few short minutes. Then I realized to take It a day at a time. I am sore today' date=' not able to sleep in my bed yet, but feeling more like myself today. Trying to understand what my stomach is telling me. What I think is a little discomfort is my stomach growling. Keeping down the liquids and some applesauce. Limited Protein, but you got to work up to that. Starting on shakes tomorrow and I am ready. thanks for all the great recipes. keep them coming. Ready to see some real results in the coming weeks. Good luck everyone.[/quote']

Glad you are doing well! I had the same feeling of panic if I did the right thing but I realize I did for me and my health.

here are a couple other Protein Shake recipes that my dietician gave me if anyone wants to try them: Black Forest: 1 scoop chocolate Protein Powder or 1 scoop vanilla with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cocoa powder (add however much for how chocolatey you want it.)1 c milk, and 1/2 c frozen cherries, then blend. Next is cinnamon roll Protein shake - 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 tablespoon vanilla sugar free instant pudding, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon,1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 splenda packet, a few dashes of butter buds, 1 cup milk, and 3 cubes of ice (optional) then blend. Again add more or less cinnamon for your own taste. The third is called Peanut Brittle - 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 2 tablespoons of sugar free instant butterscotch pudding mix, 1 tablespoon creamy Peanut Butter, 1 cup milk, and ice optional, then blend. I have tried all of these and they are very good. Also with the cheese cake shake recipe I gave earlier, you can substitute anything for the cherries that you would like, the cherries have been my favorite. I hope you all enjoy. These have really helped me a lot, not drinking the same thing all the time.

I have been fine during the day.. My twins keep me busy! But nights are hard. My hub starts work early in the morning so goes to bed early' date=' as do the girls. So it's just me and the TV. Pre-band this was also my munching time. I think a lot of it is just habit and routine.[/quote']

I can relate to you totalky! This is what worries me!

Im a new girl on the scene!

Currently on pre op diet! Have lost 14lbs. Surgery is next Tuesday!

Im in the UK

You are doing great on your preop diet! You will do great after surgery. We all just need to find other activities to occupy our time when we feel like munching. We developed bad habits and we can develop good ones! We may all end up with really clean houses!

Got the Protein and it does taste good. I also found some protein mini bars which would work great for us because they are only .88 ounces per bar (they are mini). They have 10 grams of protein in each! I haven't eaten one yet but I got the chocolate deluxe and they look good. Today I have taken tylenol twice and so far this is the best I have felt. I'm down 10.6 lbs and am encouraged that I did do the right thing for my health. I hope that when I go back to work in 3 weeks I feel (and start to look) like a new person. How is everyone else doing?

I think before too long we should start us a post-op support group for all of us august bandsters!

Great idea! We should!

Im in the UK

Welcome Emma1981! Great job on the pre-op! Sending well wishes your way, for next Tuesday! My surgery is tomorrow ; )

Im in the UK

That is fantastic weight loss! Congratulations :)

You are doing great on your preop diet! You will do great after surgery. We all just need to find other activities to occupy our time when we feel like munching. We developed bad habits and we can develop good ones! We may all end up with really clean houses!

It's funny you say that because I have been doing more housework of a night just to stop me from eating! I have also been getting on this forum. Oh and Pinterest! That can keep me busy for hours lol.

It's funny you say that because I have been doing more housework of a night just to stop me from eating! I have also been getting on this forum. Oh and Pinterest! That can keep me busy for hours lol.

Yea I have been on here as well as watching netflix and cleaning. As I feel better and am able to exercise I hope it changes to that as my crutch.

Dear. Friends I am in my first week of preop and I'm getting so tired of having only three thins shakes chicken broth iced tea. My second week I might keep busier writing or doing paperwork. I have a sore on the roof of my mouth. I want to eat something. I'm not suppose to have pop but I've had 3 cans this week. My dh won't get me another since so close to surgery. Eat....it's really on my mind.

Ok. Night before surgery. I'm nervous.

My surgery is scheduled for Aug 28! have to get my endoscopy tomorrow! ITS REALLY HAPPENING!

How is everyone doing that got their surgery earlier this month?!