Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

What a night at the hospital. I had the lap band surgery & a hernia repair. Very sore. However; I'm on cloud nine since I have had this done. Can't wait to get home! Thank you for the well wishes ; )

Jama

Congrats on being on the other side! I had my check up today and all is good. I feel better and better each day and my energy is starting to increase. We did the right thing and our health will thank us later. Keep us updated on your progress!

Jama

Congrats on being on the other side! I had my check up today and all is good. I feel better and better each day and my energy is starting to increase. We did the right thing and our health will thank us later. Keep us updated on your progress!

That is great News! Did you have a fill yet? Or was it your first postop visit? That is awesome to hear w you feeling better & having more energy! Gives me hope ; ) I know in my heart, it was the best decision ever made. Also, I know for you. A year from now, we will be a lot healthier. I will keep you posted. I'm just very, very, sore. But, this to shall pass.

That is great News! Did you have a fill yet? Or was it your first postop visit? That is awesome to hear w you feeling better & having more energy! Gives me hope ; ) I know in my heart' date=' it was the best decision ever made. Also, I know for you. A year from now, we will be a lot healthier. I will keep you posted. I'm just very, very, sore. But, this to shall pass.[/quote']

This was just my post op visit. I am 10 days out and my energy is so much better I cannot nap. I have never had that problem. You just heal and take your pain medication.

For those who have had surgery, how many times a day are you eating/feeling hungry?

I was just banded on the 14th and I must say that I am not feeling too bad! Walking does help. I did have the pain in my left shoulder but it was mild...most of my pain is around my port. It is true what they say that every day gets better. Again' date=' I started at 317. I weighed myself yesterday and I am currently at 288...very proud of myself.[/quote']

You should be proud. It's a real incentive to keep to the program. I'm still on preop only 7 days to go. Right now spending the w/e at timeshare in orlando. Last weekend before dgc go to school. We brought lots of Snacks for kids and plenty of food for lunches and dinners also my broth and shakes. It's going to be rough but think I can make it. Just have to keep my mind on the prize. Right? I hope I have as little of problems that you had. I feel every ache and pain usually. But will persevere. Keep up the good work. You're starting out wonderfully.

For those who have had surgery' date=' how many times a day are you eating/feeling hungry?[/quote']

I am still on full liquids. My doc will only allow me 4 oz at a time so I have been "eating" something about 5 times a day to get in enough Protein. I really have mot felt any hunger yet. Quite the opposite, where it is taking me a long time to intake my 4oz. I move to mushies on Monday.

Ok, just woke up from my 2nd night post-op. Didn't have any pain meds for the entire day yesterday so finally having pain meds is helping ALOT!!! Ok so question guys....Clear liquid diet consists of??? So far I've only had Water, apple juice and chicken broth. Is there anything else I can have? Not sure how I'm going to make it an entire week of this. Stomach growling :-(

I am still on full liquids. My doc will only allow me 4 oz at a time so I have been "eating" something about 5 times a day to get in enough Protein. I really have mot felt any hunger yet. Quite the opposite' date=' where it is taking me a long time to intake my 4oz. I move to mushies on Monday.[/quote']

So glad you're moving along so well Musica73. Jealous of your move soon to mushies. :-)

Ok' date=' just woke up from my 2nd night post-op. Didn't have any pain meds for the entire day yesterday so finally having pain meds is helping ALOT!!! Ok so question guys....Clear liquid diet consists of??? So far I've only had Water, apple juice and chicken broth. Is there anything else I can have? Not sure how I'm going to make it an entire week of this. Stomach growling :-([/quote']

PoohBear22, can you have Protein Shakes? My clear liquid diet also allows Vitamin water, sobe life water, basically any sugar free non- carbonated drinks. I stay away from crystal light cause of the aspartame and I use the Mio water enhancers. I don't do any artificial sweetners if I can help it. I am also allowed pudding, Jello, sugar free of course. Cream Soup and yogurt - I get greek it has more Protein. Check with your dr or dietitian, but these are what I am doing.

For those who have had surgery' date=' how many times a day are you eating/feeling hungry?[/quote']

My doc told me 1/2 cup thick liquid 3 times a day. He said to expect to feel hungry and booked me for my first fill 3 1/2 weeks after surgery. However I have found it easier to manage my hunger by eating four times a day. So I'm eating every four hours - 9am 1pm 5pm 9pm. If I ate three times a day, 1/2 cup wouldn't sustain me for 5-6 hours and I was just too hungry. Then I found it hard to eat slow because I was starving! My doc said the reason for eating only 1 1/2 cups a day spread over at least three meals was so I didn't stretch my "pouch" and that was the optimum volume for weight loss and to find my green zone.

Ok' date=' just woke up from my 2nd night post-op. Didn't have any pain meds for the entire day yesterday so finally having pain meds is helping ALOT!!! Ok so question guys....Clear liquid diet consists of??? So far I've only had Water, apple juice and chicken broth. Is there anything else I can have? Not sure how I'm going to make it an entire week of this. Stomach growling :-([/quote']

I also had lots of sugar free Popsicles. My doc said I could have Protein Shakes as well but I was sick of them after 4 weeks of pre-op!

Im getting banded next friday August 23rd im so very excited .. ....but I have si many questions

Mine is the 23rd. When do u have to be at hospital? They say it takes about 30 min. Wow! I am nervous and excited. I'm getting pretty sick of shakes and chicken broth but 6 more days.

I have meds I takes every four hrs. About 30 altogether but have them either crushable dissolving or liguids I just hope I can swallow okay. Well good luck hope all goes smoothly and pain goes away soon after.

@donna450, you can do it......on my pre op I could eat all of the green veggies I wanted and I took advantge of that, eating salad and spinach to get full. You got this! Good luck

Hi! I am getting banded on 8-26 and I had to cheat a little on my diet because I was traveling and had to go to dinner with my VP. My BMI is 45, and I had chicken breast, coleslaw and broccoli. The next day I was in a conference and planned on getting out to make a stake but they brought lunch in and we couldn't leave to do anything. (Bathrooms were there) so I had a wrap. Will this hurt my surgery? Anyone experience this?