Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Today

today i took a leisurely treadmill walk at 3.7mph for 3 miles. i twisted my ankle last night and didn't want to push it.

I worked out with my personal trainer for the first time today. He took my body comp, weight and is working on a meal plan. My body comp fat ration was 140 lbs to lean muscle at 127 lbs. 52% fat. This means that if I lose the target of 70 lbs, it will put me at 25% fat and exactly where I need to be at 195. I am right on course. He said I can lose 2 lbs a week safely. So my goal is to continue to work with him over this next year. Its tough, especially the squats! Yikes.

i took an aqua aerobics class today for the first time. normally i either walk for about 45 min (2.25 miles) or do weights for 30 min and bike for 30 min (11 miles). thought id mix it up a bit. my body seems to be responding to this. but i really enjoyed the aqua aerobics today. i got my two daughters to do it with me.

Julie, Niche, Ethan, Jachut, Tricia, Doc, everyone is doing great! Just seeing real exercise in this thread makes a girl like me happy. Now I need to get to the gym to do my lower body routine. I'm soo sweeepy though.

Going.. I'm going.

I worked out with my personal trainer for the first time today. He took my body comp, weight and is working on a meal plan. My body comp fat ration was 140 lbs to lean muscle at 127 lbs. 52% fat. This means that if I lose the target of 70 lbs, it will put me at 25% fat and exactly where I need to be at 195. I am right on course. He said I can lose 2 lbs a week safely. So my goal is to continue to work with him over this next year. Its tough, especially the squats! Yikes.

If this is a private question I understand....but what do personal trainers charge for their services and what do you get in return? I realize it will vary a lot but just curious.

I'd like to have someone to kick my butt during workouts.

BPM, my trainer is $70 a session when you pay for 10 up front. This includes weighing, measuring, body composition, meal planning. He checks my measurements each month and we weight once a week. He also talks about nutrition and supplements. In the past, I have had this free service but not every trainer offers it. Not sure if it is because they just don't, or they aren't eduated enough to. Having a trainer is a nice luxury, but well worth it. Today we met and after he weighed and measured me we only had 30 minutes to work out. We did a lot of floor work including lunges and squats. He does interval exercises which means he lines a few up and it is non stop. The theory is that if you keep moving it is aerobic. Some trainers have you lift, wait a minutes and do it again. I like the idea of doing several exercises at a time using different muscles. Good luck with your own discovery. He said I can lose 8 lbs a month. Being banded the food part is easy, its just a matter of moving. I am working out with him twice a week and I intend to do aerobic activity ie. walking on treadmill, aerobic class, Water aerobics 1-2x additional during the week. Good luck.

I'd love one too, yes they charge for their services - often even when they're provided by a gym. That I cant work out, I mean at my gym you can get a new program worked out for you for nothing, and a staff member will go through it with you in detail, you also get a one on one workout every 8 weeks. Yet you pay $25 for a personal training session, wtf?

$25 a session is very reasonable. I use one strictly to continue to be movitated and to get the best results possible. Good luck.

$25 a session is very reasonable. I use one strictly to continue to be movitated and to get the best results possible. Good luck.

I'd want one to yell at me and scream and call me names.

I think I'd be getting cheated out of my money for anything less.

:heh: :nervous

Plans for today:

250 crunches

500 leg lifts

200 toe/calf raises

150 bicep curls w/ 4lb. weight

150 tricep curls w/ 4lb. weight

100 lateral raises w/ 2lb. weight

60 squats

30 lunges

I didn't do any of this...ugh!

Mine is $30.00 per session for a package of 12 sessions. Almost used them up.

25 Minutes on the treadmill at 3.0 to 4.0. Went to my support group meeting tonight so I was running late and out of time. Theres always tomorrow!

07/13/2006

400 crunches (ouch)

30 minute jog on the treadmill

Napped the rest of the day

Plans for Today

07/14/2006

400 crunches

4 miles on the home treadmill, 2 miles in the street with my little girl - 6 miles total

6.5 mile bike ride

Today I cut the grass, approx. 1 hour and then cleaned the pool, I was dripping with sweat, so I think this should count as exercise... LOL!