Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Today

Plans for today:

300 crunches

90 squats - completed

60 lunges - completed

resistance bands

200 toe/calf raises - completed

07/14/2006

Upper Body Circuit Training

10 min treadmill run at 4.5 mph for warmup

10 min elliptical level 10

Chest press - 15 reps, 3 sets

Chest Fly -15 reps, 3 sets

Rear Delts - 15 reps, 3 sets

Bicep Curl - 15 reps, 3 sets

Tricep Curl - 15 reps, 3 sets

Shoulder - 15 reps, 3 sets

Back Row - 15 reps, 3 sets

Back & something else 15 reps, 3 sets

Abdominal 15 reps, 10 sets

Cardio Workout

15 minutes - Arc Trainer Burned calories

10 min treadmill run at 4.5 mph for warmup

10 min elliptical level 10

07/15/2006 - working out at home today

• 450 crunches, twisting, lifted leg crunches, pilates crunches
  • 6.5 mile bike ride in 15min
  • 1 mile walk with dog and little girl
  • 100 leg lifts (side) while watching t.v. :)
  • 50 leg lifts (forward lifts) while watching t.v. :)
  • 1 hour play and run around at the park with daughter

walked one mile in the morning!

walked in the pool,

20 laps in the pool

walked a mile in the evening

4 sets of leg lifts

4 sets of the clam

2 sets of crunch's:clap2:

07/16/2006

7 mile jog/run/walk at 7:57am this morning. Lost 4lbs!!!

400 crunches

6.5 mile bike ride to end the day.. after 5:30PM my time

lol, I dont know how you girls do it! I am SO out of shape..its scary!! Someone gave me a treadmill and I can barely do 30 min..on a good day!! I have to say..you all totally motivate me to try harder and do more!...So much that I have taken my spare bedroom ( 20x20 size...huge) and I am making it into a workout room.....I do not think there is anything that I have wanted more in my life. I have ZERO support...so...you girls are all I have to keep me going. Thanks..for being here...even if you dont realize how much you help just being yourself.

GreatDame - I'm happy to be a motivator for you. Even 30 minutes on your treadmill is great. You have to start somewhere, right?

BTW - I'm jealous of the size of your workout room. My equipment is currently scattered around the house. Once we move, I'll have a dedicated workout room, but it won't be nearly as big as yours.

Awesome! I am getting better. I jogged for about 5 min...wich may seem like nothing..but for me it was like running the boston marathon. I have a small goal of getting into good enough shape to walk or run in the mini marathon during the derby next year ( Im in Louisville...and the KY derby is HUGE). So far I have..a treadmill, an exercise bike, a tony little gazzelle, a body by jake ab thingy and one of those huge exercise balls. I think its a good start!! Its just going to become part of my life...a routine. If I set guidelines that I have to do it...it will help me out alot.

The room is so big because it an old house with huge rooms. Its very cool...it even has a wrap around porch!!

Alright...Im going to set the room up today and get things moving.

THANKS!!!!!

EDIT!

I just had a great idea! I own a Bed and Breakfast...maybe some people would want to come down to KY for derby week and walk or run in the mini marathon?? Derby week is amazing here....thunder over Louisville is the largest fireworks show in the US! Just a thought...and they could stay at the B&B for free!

Ok, I'm on a roll...I gotta get moving!

Greatdame you rock girl! Your message counter inspired me. I remember when running just for 5 minutes really almost killed me. That was weeks ago. You are doing great and I'm estatic to read you are making a gym room at home. That's hot!

I'd love to come check your bed and Breakfast out and do the marathon or walk-a-thon. Details. I need details.

OK!!

The details are..Derby is the first weekend in May and the derby festival starts a week before. They have a mini marathon as well as a regular marathon...I hope to do them both. I am NOT giving up. It feels good to have a goal. I started on my work out room and its looking great....once I started looking around I saw years of crap I had bought to loose weight...and guess what? Now im using them! Everybody has them...thigh masters, jazzercize steps, that wheel with handles thing...LOL. I guess I see them in a whole new way now...

As soon as the derby commission gives the date for next years events I will send you a message...maybe post somthing here?

Cool...Im off to jazzercise..

Went to the Water park today for 4 hours... climbing up all the stairs to get to the slide...OMG!!! I am counting this as exercise! Kentucky sounds like fun to me... might have to think about that! Thanks GreatDame!

Today, I plan to do the following that I was supposed to do yesterday:

300 crunches

resistance bands

1) 100 reverse butterfly

2) 50 tricep curls

AND

squats/lunges routine

1) 3-way roll-up - 18

2) split squat w/ stretch - 12

3) split squat w/ lateral raise - 16

4) balancing leg raise - 20

5) side lunge w/ punch - 20

30 push-ups

30 reverse (tricep) push-ups

ALL DONE!!

R u guys/gals doing a video/personal trainer or your own exercise routine? I have a "Perfectly Fit Arms" tape by Claudia Schiffer cuz my triceps SUCK! I used to have a personal trainer and she made up all these exercise cards for me. I think I need to dig those up. Just wondering because you guys/gals ROCK!!

My question is,what do you all have to eat before working out?My trainer wants me to eat carbs! I try to eat 1/2 cup of cooked oatmeal. But it is very hard to get down early in the AM. I am also suffering from Charlie horses at night! so the suggestion was to eat bananas. Will I don't think I can have more than a half of a small one. You think that will be enough. My doctors program is NOTHING WHITE to eat. Hope I can get some ideas.. Heading out for 7 AM work out. I love going to the gym.. Never in my life would I have said that before!!!. Catch you all later!!!!