Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to get back on track!

I have lost 65 pounds since banded 12/21/13 (yay!).... But I've been off the wagon for about a month so of course no weight loss. I have 25 more to go and need a good kick in the pants. Part of my problem Is my band is tight and slider foods are easy but junk food of course and we went on vacation week before last. Excuses, excuses... Sounds like the old me. :( Plus I still need to add exercise... I'm getting saggy (at least my rear) and my hair is still falling out. Waaaa! Okay, time for the pity party to end and get back to basics!

How does the buddy system sound? I'm also a Dec bander that needs dedication and motivation. Can I check in with you daily? Report cals and exercise? If it would help you, I know it would help me.

How does the buddy system sound? I'm also a Dec bander that needs dedication and motivation. Can I check in with you daily? Report cals and exercise? If it would help you' date=' I know it would help me.[/quote']

Sounds good to me! Feel free to email me at tarajilljenkins@gmail.com.

Sounds good to me! Feel free to email me at tarajilljenkins@gmail.com.

Feel free to write me as well, I'm a Dec 2012 banister as well. My e-mail is

Dawalsh2@aol.com

I too am a december bandster, but mine was done in 2009! I did great initially and was almost to goal but ran into some complications, had a slip, broken band, replacement surgery etc. Ended up gaining all my weight backl plus 20 pounds! Been working with my surgeon for past few months to get me back to the green zone. Almost there and have already lost 7 pounds!

I used to eat A LOT of slider foods too. It was easier that way but I have to make the choice to eat things that AREN'T so easy. What helped me to get back on track was the 5 Day Pouch Test. Google it in your browser and think about trying it. I worked well for me.

I too was banded in 2009 Pinklily27....February. I fell off the "bandwagon" and am restarting my journey. Think one of the reasons I fell off (just one of many) was that I become too complacent. I need support from others that know what I have been through and going through, so here I am. It is easy to resort to old eating habits, give me an inch and I will take a mile. Go back to basics, follow the rules and reach out for support. I am in the midst of the 5 day pouch test and it is not easy, but hope it will be worth it to get me back in line. Best wishes to all, and Happy 4th of July! :rolleyes:

Thanks for mentioning the 5-day pouch test. I have been in a rut and gained about 10 pounds so feeling very discouraged. I'm definitely giving that a try :)

I am in the same boat as all of you. I was banded 6/11/12. I am so close to my 75lb mark but keep falling off the wagon. It's so frustrating. I feel like I lost a ton at first and now it's just slowed way down to the point of none. I am trying to get back to it, I know I can I just find for some reason I don't have the same dedication and determination as I did a year ago. Also what is a 5 day pouch test?

Sorry but how do you get off the bandwagon if your losing? Just curious you had surgery why get off?

Well you see most if us are humans and we make mistakes, learn from them and get back on track. Congrats to you for being a perfect robot who never makes a mistake.

Sarie - I was told just to google the 5 day pouch test and that is what I did. It is basically a 2 day liquid diet and then gradually adding stuff back in. Its good to get you back on track and a good reminder of how much food we should be eating. I just completed day 2 of the liquid diet and I feel so much better. I also got back to exercising which I think makes you feel good. Good luck! Don't pay attention to the negative nellies....we are all human!!

Hello. I am also a December bandster, 2010! I am down 84lbs & 16lbs away from my goal weight. I am in the same rut as you guys and need some buddies/ encouragement. I am so close and keep falling off the wagon! I am so discouraged. Today is one of those bad days when I just can't get much of anything down so I've resorted to the bad stuff ( eating pretzels as I type). Yesterday I could gey EVERYTHING down. I've got to get back on track! HELP!!!!

I'm new as of tonight.

Saw the post"I need to get back on track",,, it jumped out at me.. I had my surgery in 2006.. Did so good, lost 77 pounds... Felt so good, looked much better.. Maintained my new weight for years.. (Never got to my full goal weight of 175).. Job became almost unbearable , stress stress and more stress. While on vacation in Albuquerque. Working the balloon festival thought was having a heart attach, finally found it was extreme acid reflux, band was too tight,( hadn't been tightened in 18 month) after 2 days in NM. Hospital, then follow up visits after returning home, was told to open up band totally to let stomach and throat heal... Results, gained weight... I have got to get back on track .. I am calling tomorrow to start the process again.. I really would like to get into a support group that meets weekly, however my surgeon is in Denton and I live in Wylie now,.. Does anyone know of local groups in the Plano area.. ???

I fell off so badly, I stopped checking the site. I never saw the kind responses.

Sincere apologies!!!

I am doing better with exercise, but not food. I need to find a list of nonslider foods because they all seem to be sliders.

Fmtess, not familiar with that area, butwant to wish you a very successful do over.