Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello. I had the lap band surgery on April 1, 2013 and I have only lost 2lbs to this date of June 22, 2013. I have had 2 fills and it feels like I did before surgery. Hungry, hungry, hungry, and its making me so not modivated. I joined the YMCA GYM and still no weight loss. What am I doing wrong. Can someone PLEASE HELP me out. FUSTRATED and lost.

Try using MyFitnessPal.com

Unfortunately, the band itself is not a diet, you still have to diet and the band only helps control that. Set your MFP to about 1000 - 1200 cals a day to monitor. You can also set the carbs, Protein, and fat settings.

I agree here, I am feeling the hunger part, but I am just over a week into it, but I have been watching what I am eating. I am going to start the treadmill today along side swimming, (swimming in AZ is a necessity). I use my fitness pal and it is SUCH A HUGE help:)

Ditto on the above. I use MyFitnessPal, and it keeps me in check.

My guess is that you're eating too many calories to lose weight. Band or no band, that's what it all boils down to. Also - I would call your doctor's office and ask for guidance. I cannot believe that a bariatric doctor wouldn't prepare his patients with dietary guidelines, for the long road ahead.

Also - make sure that the FIRST thing you eat is dense protein; chicken, fish, beef, turkey, etc. With the band, that is what will keep you satisfied on smaller amounts of food. Make sure to get a minimum of 60 grams of Protein per day. The food tracking program will keep tabs on that, as well as calories.

It sounds like you need some sound guidance. I would go see your nutritionist and let them help you establish food guidelines that will be best for you.

Remember weight loss boils down to simple math- when you burn more calories than you consume, you lose. The easiest way to assure that's happening is to track calories and stick to band sized portions. The nutritionist will help you do this.

Best wishes.

No....They never mentioned anything like that...Please help me out. I want and need to lose this weight

i find it hard to believe that after surgery, they offered no post op diet guidance or any nutritional information..did you see a nutritionist before surgery? if not, you need to now per missy comment....

Hello. I had the lap band surgery on April 1, 2013 and I have only lost 2lbs to this date of June 22, 2013. I have had 2 fills and it feels like I did before surgery. Hungry, hungry, hungry, and its making me so not modivated. I joined the YMCA GYM and still no weight loss. What am I doing wrong. Can someone PLEASE HELP me out. FUSTRATED and lost.

I agree with what a lot of the people have said. Its a life style change. I think you made the comment that the doctor didn't say anything to you about calorie counting? Please correct me if I am wrong. usually all of this is covered before the surgery. 2lbs since April first does not sound like progress. I got banded last Friday the 14th and total lost 12lbs. You have to make sure you are not over eating and you are eating the right foods. Have you giving up the sodas, sugary foods, candy stuff like that? If you are still hungry I would say talk to your doctor because the band is suppose to help you control your hunger. Next week I am on regular foods again but now when I do my half of cup of oatmeal in the morning it has be so full until I feel like im going to burst. I am going to have to take down that half a cup. It usually hold me till about 2pm.

My nutritionist pushed eating enough Protein at EACH meal. Proteins first, good carbs (veggies, etc.) second. Avoid processed carbs like breads, white rice, alcohol. I try for at least 70 grams of protein a day, or more... and I try to keep the calories close to 1000. But, your doctor should be providing guidance for your dietary needs after being banded. Some of us have to take supplements for Calcium and Vitamins as well, per the doctor's directions. They should have given you some guidance on minimum Fluid intake for the day--dehydration can be a problem for folks who have been banded.

I agree with everything everyone has said.

I only wanted to add, that until you get enough fills, it will be just another diet. It took 4 fills for me.

When you're hungry and meal time is over, drink your fluids.

I agree with everything everyone has said.

I only wanted to add, that until you get enough fills, it will be just another diet. It took 4 fills for me.

When you're hungry and meal time is over, drink your fluids.

Let me ask you this. I have been banded about a week, The doctor didn't fill because I had a hernia repaired. My hunger is not coming back but not at full force. I can still get by with my fluids and sugar free supplements. My question to you and anyone else that has had a fill once I get it is that when I will fill the fullness after eating just a little amount?

It may take over 6 fills before you feel enough restriction to feel satisfied with less food. It took me 3 fills before I started to feel a little restriction and 6 fills to reach my green zone.

Meeting with your nutritionist is very important. My 3rd fill and a meeting with my nut started me on my journey.

Cassandra it takes time to get to that green zone and you need to be patient. Everyone loses differently, but your still healing. You definitely need to see the nutritionist ASAP for guidance. It will come and you will begin losing. What type of preop diet did your surgeon put you on? Just curious. I was on only three EAS Protein Shakes and Water for two weeks-very drastic but my surgeon said not only will it shrink the fat around the liver but also jump starts my body into a certain metabolic state to help me start losing weight. It worked but was hard as heck! I'm still a firm believer in low carbs...once I drastically lowered my carbs I quit retaining Fluid. I noticed that right off the bat..stick with this, be patient and soon you will be in here telling us about your wonderful success!!

Let me ask you this. I have been banded about a week, The doctor didn't fill because I had a hernia repaired. My hunger is not coming back but not at full force. I can still get by with my fluids and sugar free supplements. My question to you and anyone else that has had a fill once I get it is that when I will fill the fullness after eating just a little amount?

Everyone is different when it comes to fills. Some never need a fill, they have restriction from the get go. Others could get the restriction with any number of fills.

Like I stated, it took 4 fills for me. First one was 6wks out, month later my port flipped so had revision surgery and fill at that time, that was 3mths post op, 6wks later a fill and a month later another fill , which hit the spot, 7mths post op.

By following my Drs diet, I continued to lose throughout. Now its just easier.

I like that my Dr is conservative and I never have had to go back for an unfill.

Don't get discourage on the time it could take.