Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is day 3 on the liquid diet I have 4 more days. Today I'm getting sick everything I drink expecially shakes I feel like I'm going to throw up everywhere! So I've kinda slowed down on the liquids. I really don't know if I can do another 4 days. Also feeling weak today and tired and advice for this sick feeling?

Call your dr/nurse let them know you are having problems drinking all the shake, (I know I did) I was told to drink other liquids as well, (liquids that had not calories/sugar). worked for me , but it does suck, this is just the beginning, once you have the lapband , you HAVE to stick to your good food choices, or your body will tell you different. (I speak from experience!) make sure that you are taking your Vitamins , Calcium if your doctor has already rxd them to you. Good luck!

Thanks I'm having issues with all liquids cause I'm so hungry. And as I sit here there is no way I can do this for 4 more days plus another week after. So I think I'm gonna give up apparently this is not for me.

It is a huge head game to undertake. And a lot of the hunger is head hunger. Find other things you can drink. I struggled as I couldn't stand to drink Water, but I found that after several days your brain catches up and it becomes easier. Hang in there, it is well worth it!

Did they give you any nausea pills. If not call your dr, and see if they will call you some in. In the mean time some peppermint tea is suppose to help with nausea. Good luck. My dr .gave me the pills before I went home from the hospital. So they should be willing to give you some, they don't want you throwing up with the band,

~~~Stephanie

Thanks I'm having issues with all liquids cause I'm so hungry. And as I sit here there is no way I can do this for 4 more days plus another week after. So I think I'm gonna give up apparently this is not for me.

The first few days are the hardest. Your body is dumping all the toxic junk in your system. If you can just hang on, that will pass.

Keep busy, drink as much as you can, go for a walk.

You can do this.Don't allow yourself to think you can't.

This is the hardest part. I only had to do two days of full liquids prior to surgery, but then I had to do 14 days after; some of which were Clear Liquids only.

Saboo, I'm not going to try & push the surgery on you; it's not for everyone. And I know how difficult it is getting through days of liquids. I also got nauseous after awhile, and didn't think I could take another minute. But ask yourself this....... If you don't do the surgery, where will your weight be in 6 months to a year from now? Most of us get to the point of surgery, because all else has failed. Failed over and over and OVER again. If you don't take serious action to get your weight and health handled, where will you be months from now? This is not an easy avenue, but it IS effective. But at the end of the day, we still have to do the work. The band doesn't do anything about our heads, and we still have to exercise control.

Before you throw in the towel, really think about what's next, if you decide against WLS.

Good luck - I feel for you!

PS: Are you having Soups as well? They were a life saver when I got so sick of the sweet Protein Shakes. Before starting all of this, I thought the shakes wouldn't be an issue. Hey, they're sweet, and I'm a sugar freak! But in reality, I got VERY sick of them; wanted to puke just thinking about it. So I had Soup. Or V8 juice was another saving grace. I put in some unflavored Protein Powder, and it was a nice change.

If your on liquids aren't you able to use Protein powers like someone else mentioned? that will HELP ALLOT. I used

Isopure Plus 0 Carb Protein Drink Alpine Punch, you can usually get it in the larger Markets or on Amazon.< /span>

I'm on Protein Drinks, broth Clear Liquids. Every time I attempted to drink anything today I would gag and almost throw up all I got told was try to drink well I honestly tried I have given up. I give it to everyone who made it threw their preop diet I couldn't do it. Thanks for all the advice and support.

Call your doctor, perhaps he can put you on a high Protein diet of solid food for a week. My doctor said if I couldn't tolerate the liquid pre-op diet that he would put me on the Atkins diet for 2 weeks. Fortunately I was able to tolerate the liquid diet, but my doctor did give me an alternative option.

d`5`h5r

I'm on Protein drinks, broth Clear liquids. Every time I attempted to drink anything today I would gag and almost throw up all I got told was try to drink well I honestly tried I have given up. I give it to everyone who made it threw their preop diet I couldn't do it. Thanks for all the advice and support.

yes you can do it....and if you keep thinking you cant, you will start to believe it and you will be doomed..get rid of the i cant thinking..

maddy was right, the first few days are the hardest...sip and drink all day....SF popsicles saved me and how about put the shakes in freezer to make a slush like (or blender) that is what i did and still do...i am sorry your struggling but its not easy and its def worth it...you CAN do it, if you really want to..

I'm on Protein drinks' date=' broth clear liquids. Every time I attempted to drink anything today I would gag and almost throw up all I got told was try to drink well I honestly tried I have given up. I give it to everyone who made it threw their preop diet I couldn't do it. Thanks for all the advice and support.[/quote']

The Pre-op diet sucks!! There's no way around it, I did it, others did it and you can too! I felt like giving up the first 5 days.. I even posted on here how bad I felt and how horrible it was... But, the good news is you posted it on here looking for support rather than driving to Taco Bell.,.

Unfortunately the pre-op diet is the first part of your weight loss journey where you are really tested. Your mind tries to tell you what you CAN'T do. DON'T let the negative thoughts prevail. Like others have stated call your doc/dietician and discuss your struggles. That's what they are there for.

Like you I felt like quitting. Man I'm glad I didn't.., I lost 16 pounds on my preop diet.. I have lost 51 pounds since I started this journey. I'm only 6 weeks postop but I've already been taken off of my blood pressure medicine. I'm working out 6 days a week. I walked/jogged 20 miles this week! I completed a 5k and beat all of my goal times. If I would have given up on pre-op diet I would still be over 360 pounds. I wouldn't be exercising. I'd still feel like crap.

YOU can do this!! It's tough, trust me I know! It'll be so worth it though!!!

I agree with the earlier post, blending with ice can make the Protein shake feel more substantial and help it settle. I also found having ice in my drinks gave me something to chew.

I found sugar free ice blocks and Jello also helped.

The other part I found was keeping busy, going out for a walk, going to the cinemas etc. I was less tempted to want to eat.

I think Saboo has left the building......

But if not, Saboo, if you ate food yesterday, that doesn't mean that you can't resume today. I didn't think I could do this either, and packed on another 10 pounds over the months getting back to the place where I knew that I needed to take serious action. If I didn't, my weight would continue to climb until I finally dropped dead of a heart attack. Whatever you end up doing, I hope it brings you to the place where you want to be.