Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So today is day three. I feel about the same as yesterday. Though I can get up on my own now. It's getting harder to take meds for some reason. It feels a little stuck or i can taste what i drink with the burps. Also the anti nausea patch made my eyes dilate. Freaked me out because I wear glasses for distance and have always been able to read with those glasses. But since my eyes are dilated everything up close is blurred. So, I removed the patch.< /p>

How long did you guys continue on the anti nausea meds? I have liquid that I can switch to?!?

Also, it seems harder to take in liquids today. Maybe I'm swollen? Well I'm swollen on the outside and I'm sure I'm swollen on the inside!

I feel like I'm constantly forcing Clear Liquids down so I don't get dehydrated. I've also began drinks Protein shakes. I can only drink about 3oz at a time then I'm full.

Any advice out there?

I had a really hard time getting my liquids in because of the full bloated feeling, is that what your talking about? I never had any problem swallowing. If your having problems swallowing you may need to call your Dr. I stayed bloated for about 3 weeks. After that I only got bloated when I drank to much. You should be getting a little bit better each day. At least I did. But the first 3 days were the hardest. At about a week it wasn't to bad, but i can say now at 3 weeks I feel more normal. Did they give you a fill at the surgery? That could explain why you could be having trouble swallowing, but even then I don't think your supposed to have a problem swallowing.

~~~Stephanie

Congratulations on your Surgery! I actually only had the anti nausea patch on behind my ear just before surgery and removed the next morning. It did not affect my vision however,,,they put the patch on me in the room 30 minutes before surgery and my wife noticed it was falling off so she pushed back on. Well she forgot to wash her hands and while I was in surgery she rubbed her eyes. Her eyes dilated and her vision blurred. She had completely forgot about the patch she touched. When I got back into my room she came to me and made sure I was OK then told me what was happening. My Nurse looked at her and said I need to get you to ER right now. Her BP was up and they were concerned about a stroke. She had an MRI and everything and then in the end she remembered she touched the patch. Scary day for her.

Sorry that was a bit of a long story...

Having difficulties getting liquids in was definitely a challenge. Just have to do the best you can to prevent dehydration or you can end up back in the hospital. As for the swelling you'll definitely have that inside and out for a while. It take a bit to heal but each day should get better. It is very important to get up and walk as often as you can. Believe it or not walking will help you heal and discard the gas they use to inflate your stomach to do the surgery.

For pain meds they prescribed liquid percocet. I didn't need any after day 2. I felt pretty good.

Agree with Steph. You should be able to swallow. If you cannot get anything down at all then call your Doc. If you just getting full quickly then that is normal. You're swollen inside and out.

What they said... Congrats and welcome to the banded side. I was told 1oz every 15min.

sip and sip and sip and then sip some more......as they said, insides are swollen and as the days pass and the swelling subsides, you will be able to take in more and more......

Dinking hot liquids has helped me.

Thanks everyone. I can swallow!! I just get full very fast. And I feel like my meds are getting stuck. Or things are just going down slow and I burp up the taste of whatever I drink. Nothing comes up (TMI) just the taste or smell. I've gotta stay hydrated but its hard. SF Popsicles have been great!! And sip sip sip.

First a giant YES! Your stomach is swollen. Unless you take capsules you can crush your meds with a pill crusher until you can swallow better. You can mix it with some low calorie cranberry juice but eventually you'll be

Sorry got cut off. You'll be able to swallow most pills of reasonable size or cut them in half. I take a chewable multi Vitamin daily but many people on this forum take the gummie Vitamins. There are calories in the gummie vitamins and the chewable. Be sure to include them in your calorie count.

Agreed. My First week I was on straight liquid with no lumps. Week 2 I was allowed mushies and Protein Shakes. Though every Doctor has their own method of madness...

It is so strange all the different guidelines. Mine said to drink Protein if I feel up to it. That way I burn fat instead of storing due to starvation mode. I'm on full liquids for 2 weeks. Then mushies for 1 week, then soft solids.

Yes, different guidelines. I was ok'd for Protein Shakes the day after surgery. I'm doing well on them. But I feel so full, I'm never hungry yet. I can also have strained creamy Soups in the first weeks. I find the Soup needs to be thinned out or I hardly eat any of it.