Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will I find my green zone?

Had surgery 6-13-12, lost 65 lbs in the first 6 months, now nothing! I had gained 8 lbs! I have 2.25 cc, my dr doesn't give me much of a fill, got an apt on Friday hoping for another fill, any suggestions?

Keep in mind the amount in your band is irrelevant. All that matters is how you feel. Some people are in the Green Zone with no fills whatsoever.

The Green Zone is the ability to go 4 or more hours without hunger after eating a cup or less of food. Are you able to go at least 4 hours between meals without hunger?

When you get there really depends on your anatomy. There is no set amount of time, it all depends on you and your doctor.

Wow. Sixty five pounds sounds like heaven to me. I lost 15lbs preop, and only anothet 20lbs postop in six pounds. And I have 8cc in a 14cc band!!!

Next week I am having a long chat with doc because I have yet to feel full, satisfied, stuck, anything. I hope people give you suggestions that will help me too.

Good luck.

I lost 65 lbs with no fills! I haven't lost any in six months, I have very little restrictions right now, I'm hungry! Lol I don't eat a lot at one given time and I do eat more than a cup, I do get stuck if I don't chew on certain foods mainly meats, I'm so ready to lose the other 40 lbs just can't seem to start losing again ;(

I lost 65 lbs with no fills! I haven't lost any in six months, I have very little restrictions right now, I'm hungry! Lol I don't eat a lot at one given time and I do eat more than a cup, I do get stuck if I don't chew on certain foods mainly meats, I'm so ready to lose the other 40 lbs just can't seem to start losing again ;(

Do you track calories?

2.25 CC sounds way too low to me. Been reading and watching what people say about their fill levels on these boards for a while and it seems most don't feel any significant benefit from the band until they are around 6 CC. Some as high as 10. I have doubts of anyone claiming they have restriction below 4 CC. But, certainly anything is possible.

You said your doc doesn't give much of a fill... Seems like you are already honing in on the issue. I think sometimes you have to push your doctor a bit and be assertive with what you want. I know that is no fun though :(

Go back to the basics, since you said you are eating more than a cup, I would guess that you are eating too many calories but you won't know unless you track them. It isn't just the number of calories either, it is the type of food. I try and stay away from simple carbs, because they really stall my loss.

I have 5 cc in my 10 cc band. I was banded on 2/28/13 and have lost 42 lbs. It has been slow for me the past month, but I have at least lost. I guess like the other person said, just go back to the basics. I would like to hit the green zone too. I can eat more than a cup, but I try not to. I get hungry in between meals also. I am hoping that when I get 6 cc's I can be there finally. Good luck to you! 65 lbs is great, but I can understand your frustrations too.

Is your band giving you any feedback at all?

IMO. the secret to success is learning how to "Listen" to myour band...but, if your band is not saying anything, you may need an adjustemt untill it does...

In my story, my first fill was 4cc's, and I did not tell any diffrence...as a matter of fact I gained weight after my first fill and before my 2nd...

My 2nd fill was 2cc's...a little better...strated to get it and started to learn how to deal with it...it was then that the rules started tp apply...

It took me one more fill after that to put me in that special place...but it was not easy at forst..I really had to manage myself, change many bad habits, change many food choices, and above all adhere to the rules very strictly if I was to suvive, or have to get a un-fill....

I survived, and it has been the easiest thing to do to loose weight...that was 2 years ago, and it has been a simple way of life ever since....don't even think about it all that much...it just is...simple. I no longer worry or think about loosing weight...no more diets, just a day to day way of life...

That's the Green Zone....getting there is the struggle...not staying there....

2.25 CC sounds way too low to me. Been reading and watching what people say about their fill levels on these boards for a while and it seems most don't feel any significant benefit from the band until they are around 6 CC. Some as high as 10. I have doubts of anyone claiming they have restriction below 4 CC. But' date=' certainly anything is possible.

You said your doc doesn't give much of a fill... Seems like you are already honing in on the issue. I think sometimes you have to push your doctor a bit and be assertive with what you want. I know that is no fun though :([/quote']

I have restriction at 3.33 oz and there are people who need no fills to experience restriction. Remember that the band doesn't just physically limit the passage of food it also effects the receptors in your stomach that trigger a sense of satiety. Depending on the individual tweaking those receptors may take very little.

That doesn't mean everyone needs a little fill it just means the level of fill necessary to reach the green zone is very individualized and it's understandable for the surgeon to perform small fills rather than have to perform an unfill after pushing the limit too far.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I'm going back on Friday and hopefully she will give me another cc.....so I hope I can start losing more weight I don't not want to gain any more!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I'm going back on Friday and hopefully she will give me another cc.....so I hope I can start losing more weight I don't not want to gain any more!

Do you count your calories?

Keep in mind the band isn't what causes you to lose weight it just controls your hunger. Weight loss boils down to simple math- when you burn more calories than you consume you lose weight. When you eat more than you burn, you gain.

I'd strongly consider tracking your calories and measuring your portions.

Best wishes

Very interesting B-52. Thanks for posting your fill amounts. I know you don't believe in that from another post you wrote a while back, but it is interesting since my experience seems to be following yours to the letter. (Same as you, I didn't feel anything significant from the band until 6 CC)