Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

Hi, Ladies, glad everyone is doing well.

C Mom, Janet, Hon-knee Boo Boo, Sexy K's, Thing 1 and Thing 2, you get the drift, I will be thinking of you on Wednesday (not that I don't other days as well) ;-) and keeping you in my prayers. I know you will do fabulous like you did with knee #1. I am so glad you are on the road to recovery and more mobility. :)

Terri, good luck w/ your fill Wednesday as well. I hope this does the trick!!

Skinny Minny Michelle, wow, you have a lot on your plate financially as well. What we won't do for the ones we love. :) Thankfully, my recent visits w/ the chiro only netted me a bill of $142. :) I hope you are enjoying your relaxation still. Thanks for sharing and relating!

Carole I hope your foot and tummy start cooperating more!!! I love the lead glass doors, btw.

Di, haven't forgotten you! ;)

Dee, I love the pic you posted of the 3 boys sleeping. :)

I started back on my Quest to take care of ME. Physically and financially, I need to plan my meals better and make sure I eat Breakfast (or pack it to go) and pack my lunch. I always made sure the kids had theirs and rarely brought my own lunch. When I worked at The Joint Commission bldg, we had a subsidized caf w/ a lot of healthy options. I don't have that in this bldg and have found myself eating out. NO MORE! It's far too expensive $ and calories!!! It felt good today to be back in a routine like I was for the first 8 or so months after surgery.

Have a great day!

Have a great Tuesday to my fab friends.

Michelle, since you don't see our FB pics... this is me on Superman... I had to buy it. I was dying when I saw it. I was excited I fit and this ride is terrifying. You sit in the seat, get locked in and then they rotate them forward so you are suspended on your belly (emulating flying like Superman). I think this pic is when it went upside down it was a weird sensation going from on your belly to backwards and upside down...

post-341213-13813142325888_thumb.jpg

Good Morning girls...

I hope everyone's doing wonderful...It is soposta hit 90 today ...Im so happy for the Indian summer...kids have been wearing shorts and that saves on school clothes....

I have whoopie pies in the oven for the boys football game tonight...not sure if ya all know what they are....in PA its a staple food...two round cakes together with frosting between them...kids love um...

We are off to see Kalebs doctor around 12 today...so I will pop back on when I can...

Janet thinking about you as you get closer to your next knee surgery...

Terri...Im waiting to see a pic of your scrap booking !!!

Carole...funny having my foster children having babies now doesn't make me feel old...just makes me happy they stay close to us..

Dawn and Michele....so proud of the moms you are ...and how you both deal with your day to day lives...

Diane...hope your hanging tough girl !!!

Doreen... Oh! Woopie pies! I was thinking Mountain pies! LOL

Both are great!

Good Afternoon all...

I must be getting senile...I had to look back to see when the last time I posted here. We slept in today...so the day got off to a slow start, and my schedule is out of sync.

Exercise is coming along, trying to use the medication minimally as I prefer to avoid any potential stomach issues. We are expecting a Fall front by the weekend, and Jack and I went out to continue to stain the deck railings right after Breakfast. The weather should cooperate until Friday, and we should have it completed by then.

Wonder of wonders...we have an installation date for the countertops! Next Wednesday afternoon...looking forward to it so we can move forward with getting many more boxes unpacked and gone!

Terri...still would like to see a picture of a scrapbook page you created...good luck with getting your fill. I sincerely hope that it will accomplish what you want it to!

Dee, those pies sound yummy...how do resist indulging in a local staple like those? I would find it too tempting to make them at home and then leave them alone.

Janet, you are in my thoughts and prayers today...I know you will do well...I just recall the mood and anticipation of round 2 with my feet...a mixture if positive and negative thoughts. But keeping your eyes focused on the prize of pain free increased mobility is a great motivation!

Dawn, kudos to you for taking the initiative to get refocused with your eating and meal planning! Both will help you reach your weight loss goals. This should be easier now with only you to accommodate with choices!

Michelle, and Diane, I hope all is well in your respective worlds...keep in touch when you are able.

Tah for now...everyone keep up the great jobs you are all doing! Hugs...

Omg I'm so busy not dong anything that I have no time! Ha!

Went in for a little fill yesterday. Next month will be my one year bandiversary! I can't believe it.

We put our little white American Eskimo down today. He was 20 and couldn't lay down on his own any more. We would have to pick him up and put him on his bed. Terrible during the night because he would roll off his bed then would cry because he couldn't lay back down.

The 90 day challenge is going good. Day 16 and I'm down 5 lbs. I have 18 more lbs till my drs goal for me. My BMI is 30.2 now!

I haven't started studying yet. Will start this weekend. I'm also taking next week off from work. Woohoo!

I have to admit that I am jealous of all the quilt making going on. I love quilts and would love to learn to make them...one day...maybe!

Good evening my lovelies,

Dawn, glad you have your mind on taking care of you. Its about time! lol You have given so much to your friends and family and now it is your time.

Carole, I do hope your PT goes well. My pt and I were just talking about scar tissue, importance on keeping things moving.

Yay, counter tops!!!!! I hope you post a picture.

I do understand the fine line medications have on your stomach. I even found drinks with too much citrus can bother my stomach. After a full year, I have just figured that out.lol

Dee, I'm with Carole, woppie pies in the house would be too tempting for me. I have never had one, but sounds marvelous.

Terri, I would think once a year for bariatric check up, unless you are having a need for fill problem. Good luck tomorrow!

Hi Skinny Minimi and Di.

My surgery is scheduled for 9:15 tomorrow morning, evidently I'm not first this time. I have to be at hospital at 7:15, beats 5am like before.

I'll try to get on as soon as I can.

Its a great feeling knowing I have you all in my corner.

love & hugs to you all!

Omg I'm so busy not dong anything that I have no time! Ha!

Went in for a little fill yesterday. Next month will be my one year bandiversary! I can't believe it.

We put our little white American Eskimo down today. He was 20 and couldn't lay down on his own any more. We would have to pick him up and put him on his bed. Terrible during the night because he would roll off his bed then would cry because he couldn't lay back down.

The 90 day challenge is going good. Day 16 and I'm down 5 lbs. I have 18 more lbs till my drs goal for me. My BMI is 30.2 now!

I haven't started studying yet. Will start this weekend. I'm also taking next week off from work. Woohoo!

I have to admit that I am jealous of all the quilt making going on. I love quilts and would love to learn to make them...one day...maybe!

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest sympathy.

It took me over 40yrs to be able to quilt. There's still time for you.

Oct 15 will be my one year anniversary, but I don't think I will be as good as you and be at goal.

I'm super proud of you!

Mini, that's awesome!!! Glad you are doing well and taking a week off. So sorry to hear about your dog. Wow, 20 years old! So sweet.

So one day when we do meet we may have to have a quilt convention. I want to learn too. They are so beautiful!

I was going to take 1/2 day tomorrow and surprise Brad and drive out there (working remotely Thurs and Fri). I gave the doggies baths and trimmed their nails..... then the scratchy throat kicked in. If I am not coming down with something I will go.

I will be ckg FB to see updates on CMom!

Oh Michele..so sorry to hear you had to say good bye to your doggie....they are truly Man and womans best friends....wooo hooo on your 90 day challenge...that's awesome...congrats !!!

Janet my thoughts and prayers are with you this morning...you are so strong....God will take care of you through this ...

Terri..you are going to have to teach us all to quilt one of these days...maybe we can do a skyp thingie...are you relaxing...finally at home...

Dawn could your scratchy throat be from all your screaming on the death trap ride you were on !!! Hope its nothing that last for long...

Carole your home is going to be spectacular when your done...so glad your PE is going good also...

Diane...your always in my thoughts also...hope lifes treating you good...

As for me...today is 5 yrs that our family was bless with making CJ a forever part of our lives..I thank God for CJ every day he has had such a positive spot in each of our lives...and people who meet him say they same....

The whoopee pies didn't stay in the house I made them for the boys football team.....the pee wees played last night and lost in the final mins...~sighs~ but as always Isaiah says we had fun !!!

I had a surprise visitor yesterday ...another foster son that joined the marines and has grown against all odds....he has the will power of a very mature adult...he always has...he came to us a week befor Christmas with just one pr of jeans and 4 white T shirts...and even after spending al kinds of money for clothes for his chiritmas he continued to wear just them dang T shirts...years after he left here....he sat down with me one day and said...mom know why I didn't want the clothes....well long story short....growing up he had to buy...wash..take care of his own clothes... cuz he was the adult in the home...taking care of a drugged up mom...part of his nightly rutien was to wait till she passed out on the front porch and then he would drag her into the house so the neighbors wouldn't see her in the morning....Sooo he just wore the white Ts as his signature...and no one knew he didn't have clothes...

Ok tomarrow I see my nut....she is going to be happy with my weight..130..but she isn't going to be real happy that I have had acid reflex for over 2 weeks....and I just cant seem to eat.some days..I have ate my share of sliders...What I don't understand...last night I ate one hard shell taco from Taco Bell and it seemed to go down fine...but for the rest of the night I couldn't even keep Water down...in the mornings even coffee and yogurt hurt going down....but by night time...im so hungry...I eat sliders..

Doreen, sorry to hear about your morning problems. I found drinking something warm first thing in the morning helped me... courtesy of a tip from Janet.

Janet texted me from the hospital and is out of surgery. I hope she will recover quickly! Hugs and prayers continue!

I got 0.4 added to my band to day, to a total of 6 out of 10 (I think our of 10) and so far so good. liquids for the rest of the day and then back on the soft foods. Should be a good reset for me cause I ate pretty much everything at the beach. I got in 2.5 mile walk today after lunch and the grocery store, so, so far so good. Now I am resting after a busy day starting at 8:00 this morning.

Tomorrow, back to sewing and scrap booking... or maybe even later today., I am reading a book I want to finish.

Michele so sad about your dog, but it sounds like a humane decision. You are doing great as always on your challenge.

Carole, such great news about the counter tops. I can't wait to see pictures.

Dawn so proud of you focusing on yourself. You will do great, now that some of your other distractions are receding. Wishing you no sickness and a fun surprise visit with Brad!

Diane, my thoughts and prayers are with you always! You are not CRAZY, you are STRONG!

Love to all!

Hello Girls...So Happy our girl Janet is on the road to recovery....you are in my thoughts and prayers....hoping this goes as smooth as the first knee did....

I went to see my nutritionist today ...and I was down 6 lbs !!

that is good for me...but she is sending me in today for a small unfill...she feels all the stress I was under played havoc with the band and needs a lil fine tuning...also she thinks I should take a zantac twice aday...so I'm seeing the cute Dr A at 3....

I love this new computer has spell check every place I type !!!