Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

Janet...you always share the most inspiring words...thank you for you!

It's truly what I believe..... It's I, that thank you all for accepting my belief. I also believe that we were brought together for a common good and that too is a gift of mercy and grace, I am so blessed.

Your families and friends are always in my prayers, along with you all.

Mini, Carole is right, it can be almost anything. Just live 1 day at a time and sometimes 1 minute at a time.

My niece was told recently that she most likely had a brain tumor. She was having seizure like symptoms. Freaked everyone out! After every test in the book, no tumor. Turns out she was taking Miralax on a daily basis for many many years. She had a build up of the chemical thats found in Antifreeze and Miralax.

Remember us talking about that, Terri?

Ange, Paula and I went to see a movie "The Heat" with Sandra Bullock. It was really funny, but a lot of F bombs.

Today is the first day with no rain, but the night is still young.

Good thoughts and prayers for everyone!

I do indeed remember the Miralax discussion. I am finally off it completely!

Evening all!

Well I am still at Emory, just settled down in my room in the ICU. There is a very nice family suite at the back of each ICU room.

Forgot to eat dinner, had a late afternoon conifer from Starbucks. Had to run to Target and but some Sweat Pants and jeans. I am freezing, they keep everything so blasted cold.

Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers , we are hanging in there.

They are still running test, echo cardiogram tomorrow and more tests. He is stable tonight, alert and able to move all extremities just no coordination or strength. The doctors feel this next24hours is critical and they are hoping for no changes. Still on blood thinners, added aspirin tonight. His lab work blood counts especially are all out of wack so theyarerunning every test known on him. BP tonight is up 200/90's I suggested they give him some sedation to decrease his anxiety.

Called my other brother back today and just told him he and his wife needed to figure out mom. She is a mess, more than my husband can handle but he and my son tried and made sure she was safe the past 24 hours. Have no idea when I will get home. Mom is confused but manageable. My husband went over tonight and she answered the door naked. OMG my husband about ****, he said he was scared for life now. Lol god you have to laugh, you can't make this **** up.

I will keep you posted, hugs to all!

Hello all. Band just synched up on me nice and right!

My piano player son has been having some uncontrollable twitches for the past few months that I just noticed yesterday. It is like Tourette's syndrome. Something is just not right. I am taking him to kaiser on Monday morning and I'm pretty freaked out! And the boy NEVER tells me anything. He said its been going on for months; at least from when he got back from Italy in October but is gradually getting more frequent.

I looked up the article about those girls at the school in NY and one of the interesting points was that a Dr in NJ was treating a few of the girls with antibiotics for the streptococcal infection. My MIL died from the toxic version of this! ( elderly and infants only susceptible)

Not jumping the gun' date=' but freaking out just the same![/quote']

Mini, I hope all works out for your son. Try to relax and not freak out, stressful times are hard. I will add you and your son to my prayers tonight. Big hug!

I hope everyone has had a good 4th off, still storms in the South. Just heard thunder.

Di, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I am days from being 42 myself and couldn't even imagine that. I pray that he recovers fully and quickly.

You truly can't make this up, and I just shake my head sometimes as I feel for everything you are going through. On a funny note, your poor hubby!!!

You are definitely in my thoughts, always. Big hug to you and prayers for you and your family.

Janet, I hope you are on the mend soon. At least you were healthy for the trip. It was so nice to hear your hubby was very attentive on the trip.

Terri and Carole, I hope the rain passes and good weather returns soon. Thanks for your good wishes for my weekend. We had a nice time. It's a long drive (465 miles each way), but worth it. For some reason, I am really in a funk coming home this time. It's so nice going there and just "being" together. Seeing each other 2 days a month gets pretty challenging for me. :( The time will come though. We did have a very nice time and his son, Owen, was so happy to come too.

Michelle, I pray that it is nothing serious with your son. I am glad you are an attentive mother and notice these things even when they don't tell us all the time. Big hug sis! I can only imagine the worry you must feel for your son. Whatever it is, you will get through it.

Oh Diane...im so very sorry about your brother....but I have to say sitting here in my very quiet living room reading about your mom answering the door naked....OMG I couldn't continue to read through my tears...of laughter....hope that doesn't sound mean...I think as you seem to you have to find humor in things....God be with you hun....you are a strong woman that's for sure...you prove it time after time !!!

Mini....my prayers and thoughts are with you and your son...how scarie the unknown is....I hope its something very easily fixed....but my heart is with you as you wait out this storm.....God Bless....

Dawn I loved seeing your pictures on FB also...you all look so happy...and dang girl your looking really good.....I hope you and Brad make many more memories... and by the way....if it wasn't for the hair color...you and your daughter look sooo alike .......beautiful....

Janet...you are truly a beautiful person....we re so blessed to have you among us...I haven't heard about Maddy how is she doing...I know summer time is always easier on our special ones...I have heard lots about salt mine spas......soposta help every ailment you can think of...so im going to be calling to see about getting CJ in for a few sittings...to help his lungs and ...spasticity ...I will keep you posted about it....

Terri...Im getting excited about the 29th to meet you...and your right I never seen myself going half of what Im doing...omg kayaking was so very much fun...I did it 3 times....I rode a inner tube down the river....and walked.....but most of all I felt good doing what ever I wanted to do...nothing holding me back....a friend posted to me on FB privately asking why I never did the fun stuff when I was younger....and I told him...because I was always the fattest one and to embaressed.....funny he told me he didn't remember me as that over weight...and that true beauty comes from with in....ooooo...I had to smile and remind him....since his very bad motorcycle accident which he found God after ...he is a new man....with a new look on life.....God is so good girls.....and Im sure he is watching over us all....I especially hope Diane and Mini feel his hand as they go through worrying times.....

Carole...happy your kitchen is coming together....I am still in awww of the counter top you talked about with the petrified wood in it....and I love the detail of the wall or sink splash I think you called it....your home is going to be a dream...mine is very old farm/ kid styled.....Im happy you get to design yours....and happy the rains have eased up....

Good morning ladies

I'm on my way out to mow the lawn (love being outdoors) and wanted to check in on Diane's brother, Dawn's safe return and everyone else's daily plans.

Di, continued prayer for your brother and family. I'm glad no signs of paralysis, God is good!

Also glad you are with him, hang tough GF.

It is time for your other brother to step in taking care of mom.

This might be a true eye opener for him.

I too had to lol, with the thought of your hub finding mom in the buff. I can only imagine his face. My hub would have run away screaming like a girl.lol Just glad mom doesn't have any thought about that situation.

Dawn, I'm so sorry about you having to leave your true love. It must really be a bummer. My thoughts with you, sweetie.

So next Monday you're going to be 42 yo. Oh my, that makes c mom really old. Glad I adopted you and Mini, if you were my bio kids, I would have been 15yo, yikes.

Dee, Continue having a fun filled summer with the kids.

Let me know of the salt spa's. We have a huge salt spa here, lol. The Gulf of Mexico. We just can't figure out how to get her on the beach. She's too heavy to carry, wheelchair won't go in sand and beach wheel chairs are soooooo expensive, of course.

I am a true believe in Water therapy of any kind.

Carole, I'm getting anxious to see new kitchen and new furniture you've picked out. Makes me want to come visit very soon, lol.

Love the pictures you have posted on FB, especially your homepage.

Hearing about the nearby waterfall, makes me sick to be in NC, j/s.

How's that foot healing?

Mini, Also anxiously awaiting your son's Drs visit. Nice how we tell younot to be anxious, but then again, we are anxious. What a hypocrite I am.lol

You know I CAN finally tell my twins apart?!

Terri, have fun with that quilting.I wish I had as many quilts under my belt, that I could start giving them away to ppl in need.

Maddy got so many little quilts while she was in the NICU and I always appreciated the folks that donated them.

Soon, very soon.

Nicole, WTH are you? We have inquiring minds here...

Love you all. Have a great Monday!

The lawn awaits, lol.

Terri...Im getting excited about the 29th to meet you...and your right I never seen myself going half of what Im doing...omg kayaking was so very much fun...I did it 3 times....I rode a inner tube down the river....and walked.....but most of all I felt good doing what ever I wanted to do...nothing holding me back....a friend posted to me on FB privately asking why I never did the fun stuff when I was younger....and I told him...because I was always the fattest one and to embaressed.....funny he told me he didn't remember me as that over weight...and that true beauty comes from with in....ooooo...I had to smile and remind him....since his very bad motorcycle accident which he found God after ...he is a new man....with a new look on life.....God is so good girls.....and Im sure he is watching over us all....I especially hope Diane and Mini feel his hand as they go through worrying times.....

Dee I will be there on the 24th! Sooner than you thought! I hope that the date still works for you!