Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I'm 5.5 weeks post op. I have been eating out some and have tried to eyeball how much I'm eating and I don't feel that's accurate at all for me. What does everyone else do? Use a measuring cup?

Ok so I'm 5.5 weeks post op. I have been eating out some and have tried to eyeball how much I'm eating and I don't feel that's accurate at all for me. What does everyone else do? Use a measuring cup?

Eat before I go. Order something that has grilled chicken or fish. Take most of it home in a doggie bag.

some people bring measuring cups with them. i don't...who wants to bring that kind of attention to themselves? you will get better at knowing your portions over time but do yourself a favor and get something that won't sink you if you do overeat. go with grilled chicken/fish. be very aware of the carbs. I portion out my food when I get it even with me eyeballing it. this way you lessen the chance of overeating.

Ask for the doggy bag up front, and leave only what seems to be your appropriate portion on your plate for the meail.

I try to order from the kid 's menu because that usually has the right amount of food. Tonight I had steak from a kids menu and it filled me. I hate to bring home left overs. I also eat Chinese food and order from the lunch menu and bring half of that home. To reheat Chinese food I never nuke it, I use a fry pan and it tastes much better.

I do eat out about 3-5 times a week. Good luck with eating out. Did you get a LapBand card that asks that can this person order less food? I have used it a few times.

Thanks for the ) we went to outback and my husband and I shared a meal and we still had leftovers!

Accidentally sent that without finishing it sorry. But so many great ideas! Me and the husband shared a meal and we still had leftovers! This is awesome and we probably save some money lol

I'm more than a year out and still constantly over order. Whatever I can't eat, I take home.

I try to order from the kid 's menu because that usually has the right amount of food. Tonight I had steak from a kids menu and it filled me. I hate to bring home left overs. I also eat Chinese food and order from the lunch menu and bring half of that home. To reheat Chinese food I never nuke it' date=' I use a fry pan and it tastes much better.

I do eat out about 3-5 times a week. Good luck with eating out. Did you get a LapBand card that asks that can this person order less food? I have used it a few times.[/quote']

I've never used my card.. Have the restaurants been ok with doing that?? Are the waiters understanding? Just curious

Ask for the doggy bag up front' date=' and leave only what seems to be your appropriate portion on your plate for the meail.[/quote']

That is exactly what I do! Portion out what is a cup and bag the rest before you start to eat. Gets rid of the temptation o pick mindlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I've never used my card.. Have the restaurants been ok with doing that?? Are the waiters understanding? Just curious

What is the lap band card??

Im only 3 weeks out but I let my family order and just take a little of this and a little of that. Also war wonton Soup is fabulous and reheats good.

What is the lap band card??

This is mine. I filled out a paper my surgeon gave me and got this card with all of my info.

post-350200-13813141801292_thumb.jpg

This is mine. I filled out a paper my surgeon gave me and got this card with all of my info.

My surgeon didn't say anything about this, I'm going to have to ask him at my next appointment. That's definitely a nice thing to have when ordering at restaurants, thanks!