Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are You in Your Weight Loss Journey?

Where Are You in Your Weight Loss Journey?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Where Are You in Your Weight Loss Journey?

• I?m still exploring my options for weight loss. I don?t know if weight loss surgery is right for me.
    • I?m definitely going for bariatric surgery, but am not yet sure which type..
    • I?m going for the lap-band and have set my surgery date (or am trying to get one set).
    • I got my surgery already and am busy losing weight.
    • I am within 15 pounds of goal weight or am already maintaining it!
    • I am not a weight loss surgery patient, but am on LapBandTalk.com to support someone who is.
    • Other.

4 months post-surgery and down 46 lbs! Onederland is in sight! No complications and loving my band!

I'm proud of your awesome accomplishment! 40 lbs in ten weeks is awesome. You will look back on this and think wow I was doing great! I wish I would have realized it at the time and not been so frustrated. Withou knowing how much you are eating and what you are doing for exercise' date=' it is difficult to offer an appropriate suggestion. I know you know to consider a band adjustment. .. and I wonder if you are eating enough Protein. Also I start working with a personal trainer on Monday and recommend it for you. The gen manager at the gym talked a little about needing to change up exercise routine every so often so your body gets a metabolism boost. Let me know what works for you, and keep up the great work. 40 lbs is awesome in such a short time! Xxoo[/quote']

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement I really appreciate it! I do think I need to change things up a bit as far as eating and exercise. I tend to stick to routine. Thanks to you I started looking at the 40 pound loss differently. I tried on some clothes that I couldn't fit, but now I can. Some other clothes are way too big to wear anymore. I have my 3rd fill scheduled for 6/17. The scale has started to move again, I hope to lose 4 more pounds before then. I have very aggressive goals for myself which I think lends to me being frustrated at times. I think I need to relax those goals somewhat. Like you said, " I'm doing great!" Thanks :)

Hi all:) haven't been here in a while. Was banded 8/15/12 ...started at 226 lost 25 before surgery and another 20 after surgery - thought it would have been more..I did great the first 6 months. Thought I really changed my life. I'm back in a rut. Standing steady at 185 for about 5 months. Need to dig down deep and get my butt back in gear somehow. Someway. I'm thrilled with my loss..but I know it's not enough. Having faith I will and can reach the healthy me again.

I was banded on 7/30/12 and I am down 130 pounds, but have been plateaued for a couple of months. I know I am not eating as disciplined as before and I am Going in next week for a fill. I am at 4.8 in a 14 Realize band. Hopefully I can get back on track again. I am going to stop estimating my amounts of food because there is no foods that cause me problems. Getting the band was one of the best decisions I have made in my life. It has not restricted me that much, but the decision to have surgery has made me mentally determined to make the life-long chafes in my eating habits!

Banded nearly 6 months ago, down 87 lbs and feeling great :)

I am Sched for July 11th to be banded. I started reducing calories 5 days ago and swapping in a Protein shake or two for meals to make the pre op liquid diet easier. I think I've lost a pound :)

A premature post but was inspired by reading where folks are in their journeys!

I was banded 13 months ago and have lost between 65 and 75 lbs. I have been going up and down those same 10 lbs for about the last 6 months! My goal is 130-135. But I am kind of happy where I am at right now. That is probably why I am sub continently playing around with those 10 lbs like a game. I do want to get to goal someday. Eventually it will happen. I am just enjoying "MY" journey right now.

Scheduled June 21st. Starting Pre-op diet. Scared, anxious, excited all in one. Looking for lots of support buddies, glad to have found your forum!

I was banded 12/28/2012. I've lost a total of 47 lbs and still have 77 lbs to my goal. I am not a fast loser and I do become frustrated but knowing that at least I'm losing is a comfort to me. My PCP thinks I'm not losing fast enough but I'll take 47 lbs over a six month period is not quite 8 lbs a month and that to me is fine.

Congratulations! That is an impressive loss! Why is pcp in such a hurry? I've always thought 2lbs per week is a healthy pace. So if you can maintain this pace, which is not realistic really, you would be at your goal in about 38 more weeks, which I think is around March 2014. The last pounds near goal are always the biggest challenge. I would be estatic with your progress so far, I'm sorry your pcp is not very motivational or supportive. :(

I have lost 66 lbs since the end of Sep. 2012 and beginning of Oct. 2o12 I say that because I was banded Sept.28th and out of the hospital and back home Sept 29th.

I was banded 4/24/13 and down 23pounds ... love this journey i'm on can't wait to see what the future holds

banded Jan 2013, have lost 40 lbs so far.. I feel great.. I track my calories and have started to work out 3 days a week... Thanks to everyone who contributes their experiences and encouragement on this board...

Hi all:) haven't been here in a while. Was banded 8/15/12 ...started at 226 lost 25 before surgery and another 20 after surgery - thought it would have been more..I did great the first 6 months. Thought I really changed my life. I'm back in a rut. Standing steady at 185 for about 5 months. Need to dig down deep and get my butt back in gear somehow. Someway. I'm thrilled with my loss..but I know it's not enough. Having faith I will and can reach the healthy me again.

Hey you! You've done the scary part, you've almost "got this!" You must be feeling so much better now that you are down 45lbs. So.... what is keeping you from your goal? You are soooo close! you Can DO IT! is it time for an adjustment? Maybe u need to sign up for a dance class! U are so close to perfectly healthy! Just aim for 5 lbs. Per month you will be at goal before u know it! REPORT! I can't wait to hth esr ur success story!

banded Jan 2013' date=' have lost 40 lbs so far.. I feel great.. I track my calories and have started to work out 3 days a week... Thanks to everyone who contributes their experiences and encouragement on this board...[/quote']

Congratulations! It is people like you who give people like me the courage to go through with banding. I hope to get band no later than jan 2014. How much more to lose before you reach the goal? I'm 230 and want to dump a 100 pounds of yucky fat. Keep up the great work and.....REPORT!

I had Lap-Band surgery on August 25th 2010. I made my goal of 220# from 333# and have had a Tummy Tuck on January 18th of this year. I am male and 63 years of age. I am married to my wife Dawn and just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary last October. We have one son Nathan who is 22years old and still lives with us. We were married 18 years before we had Nate. What a shock. I have been heavy almost all of my life and was diagnosed with type ll diabetes on Dec 24th 2009. That was the determining factor to get weight loss surgery. It was the best decision of my life and I would do it all in the blink of an eye. The most difficult part of the entire Lap-Band episode was the two weeks prior to surgery that I could eat nothing solid and could only have 800 calories of nutrition. I would seriously think about if I had to go through that again. The tummy tuck was not too bad except for the two drains I had in me for too many weeks. I have gained a few pounds back but I weigh myself every day and make sure it doesn't get out of hand. What I miss most is the ability to take an entire Big Mac sandwich and eat it. I really dream about doing that. The truth is that I am able to eat only very small portions of any meat and have to quit because it feels like I ate a horse. So much for whoofing down food for the rest of my life. I'll live. Thanks for letting me vent.

Art