Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I woke up early this morning I could not sleep in. I have 24 hrs before I leave for surgery, I have to be at the hospital by 6:00 in the morning it's my last day as a "non-bander" :). They said I should be out of there by around 12:00 noon,that doesn't sound bad. I think I'm as prepared as I'm gonna be unless anyone has any last words of wisdom. I've go my gas-x, pillow, Protein drinks, broth, chap-stick, heating-pads, I've got two just in case. Anything else? It's been great having this site to learn stuff from, the Dr. might not think of because you all have lived it, and they can't remember everything although I have to say they did a good job. I'm happy so far with who I choose. It's going to be wonderful to have a support group around as soon as I get home, that can help support me along my journey. I hope for this to be a successful journey, as many of you all have had. I know the support will be here for me when times get tough. I feel like I'm writing my last will and testimont, well I guess in a way I am. I'm saying goodbye to the old me and starting a new chapter, at least that's how it feels. I'm trying very hard not to focus on the fear of failure. The odds look good I have heard way more good stuff than bad. So keep me in your prayers. I'll let you know how things turn out. To be quite honest I think I'm most afraid of not waking up from the surgery, how often does something like that happen? Sorry so long I got carried away. Thanks for everyone's support.

~~~Stephanie

Good luck Steph! I love how you put you are starting new :) I am going to think of it like that also. You are going to do great! I will keep you in my prayers!

Congrats Steph!! It's finally here!!! We'll see you when your up n at em girlfriend!!

Best of luck !! You will be just fine. Its over before you know it and then it's on to Banded Life . One week for me today and am so happy ! It sounds like you have all you need. Oh sugar free Popsicles is a must. Prayers to you !!

Tomorrow's the day! How exciting for you! You are very well prepared and informed of all the good and bad things that COULD happen. Just remember, even if the first few days aren't the best it is a million times better the second week. :) Did your doctor prescribe anti-nausea medicine? For me that was a life saver.

Best of luck in your journey!!

You are a very awesome woman and have a good mental attitude going into your surgery and I wish nothing but the best for you tomorrow! See you on the other side and take care of yourself and follow your doctors guidelines!!

-Amine

Well I woke up early this morning I could not sleep in. I have 24 hrs before I leave for surgery, I have to be at the hospital by 6:00 in the morning it's my last day as a "non-bander" :). They said I should be out of there by around 12:00 noon,that doesn't sound bad. I think I'm as prepared as I'm gonna be unless anyone has any last words of wisdom. I've go my gas-x, pillow, Protein drinks, broth, chap-stick, heating-pads, I've got two just in case. Anything else? It's been great having this site to learn stuff from, the Dr. might not think of because you all have lived it, and they can't remember everything although I have to say they did a good job. I'm happy so far with who I choose. It's going to be wonderful to have a support group around as soon as I get home, that can help support me along my journey. I hope for this to be a successful journey, as many of you all have had. I know the support will be here for me when times get tough. I feel like I'm writing my last will and testimont, well I guess in a way I am. I'm saying goodbye to the old me and starting a new chapter, at least that's how it feels. I'm trying very hard not to focus on the fear of failure. The odds look good I have heard way more good stuff than bad. So keep me in your prayers. I'll let you know how things turn out. To be quite honest I think I'm most afraid of not waking up from the surgery, how often does something like that happen? Sorry so long I got carried away. Thanks for everyone's support.

~~~Stephanie

you will wake up

and like alot of us, me included, you may ask the dr did you do it??

just enjoy your day today.remember all you done to get here...the diet, the appts, the entire saga

and use that as a motivator..listen to your dr and follow what he says and you wont go wrong...the only thing i can offer is a i am so proud of you. you will succeed...if you want it, you will........and from all your posts, you got a great family support and there are some great people on here to encourage you..much love

good luck!!

ask doctor about stool softener wish I had started it a day or so b4 the surgery it gets the gas moving out and you sure don't feel like pushing after they move things around in there. You'll do great see you on the other side.

Steph, you will do great! I can not believe this week is here already! It flew by... When times get tough remember we CAN do this!! No negative thoughts.... And as for the actual surgery think of it as a really good nap! Prolly the best one you'll ever have! I will see u on the other side in a few days! Well the banded side! Lol what's the Chapstick for? I didn't even think about getting that...

Steph, you will do great! I can not believe this week is here already! It flew by... When times get tough remember we CAN do this!! No negative thoughts.... And as for the actual surgery think of it as a really good nap! Prolly the best one you'll ever have! I will see u on the other side in a few days! Well the banded side! Lol what's the Chapstick for? I didn't even think about getting that...

The anesthesia or something makes your mouth and lips real dry. Some hospitals give it out to you when you get to your room like they do the Water pitcher and cup. My hospital that I'm going to does not. It helps so much with your lips. Thanks for your support. BTW Have you had your surgery yet?

~~~Stephanie

Well I woke up early this morning I could not sleep in. I have 24 hrs before I leave for surgery' date=' I have to be at the hospital by 6:00 in the morning it's my last day as a "non-bander" :). They said I should be out of there by around 12:00 noon,that doesn't sound bad. I think I'm as prepared as I'm gonna be unless anyone has any last words of wisdom. I've go my gas-x, pillow, Protein drinks, broth, chap-stick, heating-pads, I've got two just in case. Anything else? It's been great having this site to learn stuff from, the Dr. might not think of because you all have lived it, and they can't remember everything although I have to say they did a good job. I'm happy so far with who I choose. It's going to be wonderful to have a support group around as soon as I get home, that can help support me along my journey. I hope for this to be a successful journey, as many of you all have had. I know the support will be here for me when times get tough. I feel like I'm writing my last will and testimont, well I guess in a way I am. I'm saying goodbye to the old me and starting a new chapter, at least that's how it feels. I'm trying very hard not to focus on the fear of failure. The odds look good I have heard way more good stuff than bad. So keep me in your prayers. I'll let you know how things turn out. To be quite honest I think I'm most afraid of not waking up from the surgery, how often does something like that happen? Sorry so long I got carried away. Thanks for everyone's support.

~~~Stephanie[/quote']

Good luck! I'm sure you will do great!! I sympathize with the fear of waking up! For me I think that is what I'm most afraid of. The pain doesn't have me worried just the whole putting me to sleep thing!

~~~Stephanie

Congrats! You're going to do great. I was scared the day before also. Actually, I was scared up until the moment they knocked me out. Then the next thing I knew, I was awake and my new life had begun. Remember to get sugar free popsicles. They were a life saver for me the first couple days. My throat was really sore from the tube they put down it. Just follow your doctors instructions and come here for support. All will be well and your journey to a brand new healthy you will be the best thing you've ever done for yourself! :)

Congrats and best wishes! I've been following your journey and I'm excited for you

These people r right but Really make sure u have the sugar free popsickles and ask the Doc for the pain meds it will help & make sure where ever ur going to sleep or sit u have enough pillows that will help with the discomfort & pain on back or shoulder also by the 2nd or third day u will want to walk just around the house a bit just to get rid of the gas and just tell everybody around u it's normal and the band is talking & doing it's job but don't over exert urself , take it day by day as everybody is different and sugar free pudding is great unless u want the sugar free Jello well good luck.