Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Y'all think its too soon for a TT?

Hi I'm Marlynn ...i had the lapband surgery a year ago today :)! As of may 4th i have lost 100lbs ... My starting weight was 326 ... Im 5'7" / 5'8" ... Decided to post a pic of my progress so yall could see .. I was a size 26/28 im a size 12womens now and could be smaller if this little pooch wasn't in the way ... I know insurance wont cover mine since my pooch sucked right up instead of hung down after the weight loss ... Just fishing for unbiased opinions on readiness as far as the TT GOES ...

post-211098-13813135066714_thumb.jpg

Anyways the pic on the left is before an you can see the massive rolls and then there is me now ...

post-344615-13813141736496_thumb.jpg

I would wait, as you indicate, your tummy pouch went up with the weight loss. It appears that your pouch might disappear with the rest of the loss. best wishes. Congratulations on your success, so far! Karen

I would wait' date=' as you indicate, your tummy pouch went up with the weight loss. It appears that your pouch might disappear with the rest of the loss. best wishes. Congratulations on your success, so far! Karen[/quote']

Yea still have the back fat deposits which i hate ... My arms look fine from the side view but its bat wing city when i open them ... I was thinking early next year for the TT AND POSSIBLY THE ARMS.

When I checked into it I was told that I have to maintain my weight for at least a year so the surgery is not in vain. But that may have just been the ones I checked out.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

When I checked into it I was told that I have to maintain my weight for at least a year so the surgery is not in vain. But that may have just been the ones I checked out.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Thanks ! I will :)) ...honestly i really want to get under 200 before i consult with anyone ... Thats about 26lbs or so ...

I went for a consult with a plastic surgeon once when I had lost weight years ago. I am 5'4 and was weighing 180 when I went to see him. He said he could do the TT if I wanted to but he suggested I lose that last 20 pounds that I wanted to lose first for the best results. If you are still wanting to lose more weight, i would wait until then before I went for the TT. Its a lot of money to spend. You want to get the best possible results. I know its hard to wait though, You have done a wonderful job losing the weight and you deserve to enjoy the results.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

I went for a consult with a plastic surgeon once when I had lost weight years ago. I am 5'4 and was weighing 180 when I went to see him. He said he could do the TT if I wanted to but he suggested I lose that last 20 pounds that I wanted to lose first for the best results. If you are still wanting to lose more weight' date=' i would wait until then before I went for the TT. Its a lot of money to spend. You want to get the best possible results. I know its hard to wait though, You have done a wonderful job losing the weight and you deserve to enjoy the results.

Good luck. Keep us posted.[/quote']

Thanks thats super sweet !! I definitely have realized that it isn't the band that has changed me so much ..yes the band is a wonderful tool but i was working out like a crazy woman and bow ever since February i have had a personal trainer ... Which is paying off immensely... Never let anyone tell you oh u lost it cause u had surgery ...no i used my tool right and lost it through hard work and dedication !! :))

I had my lapband surgery in January 2011, by April 2012 I had lost 235lbs and in May 2012 I had my 360 degree abdominoplasty with abdominal muscle repair and my brachioplasty on my arms, If you have finished losing weight then it is time as far as my surgeon was concerned, if people lose weight by dieting alone the chances are they can put weight back on and therefore waiting a year is a good idea, but the lapband should help us all not to gain the weight back we lost so cant see any harm in doing it when u finish losing. I have had everything done now and all surgeries completed in exactly 1 year, I was 56 yrs old when I started this 57 when I had my first skin removal surgery, We are all different and consult your surgeon when u feel its the right time for you and rely on their judgement ..

I may not need a TT but a breast augmentation I will definitely do. Can't wait! But I'm going to do it as a reward for my hard work so I won't do it until I'm at goal.

Yea my surgeons office gave me the referral card to the plastic surgeon they recommend ... They also told me to lose about 15more lbs ... Saying its preferable to be within 30lbs of goal weight prior to having the tt ... I guess im just overly anxious lol ... :))

I would wait until you reach goal weight for the best results. My PS said to maintain for 6-12 months before any surgery for reconstuction.

I dont think its too soon im not sure how to add a picture on my comment but ill add it to my pictures and you can see my before and after