Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When do you start loosing weight?

I've lost 20 PDs since pre op- I'm on musheys now And will go for my second follow up on the 28th- I know it's different for everyone but when did u start loosing again? Your first fill? Should I not even worry about losing weight until after my first fill?

Follow the doctor and nutritionist guidelines you were given and all will be well. Everyone loses at a different rate. Focus on eating the right things in the right amounts, and you will begin to see progress. Adding in exercise will help with this. Good luck!

Follow the doctor and nutritionist guidelines you were given and all will be well. Everyone loses at a different rate. Focus on eating the right things in the right amounts' date=' and you will begin to see progress. Adding in exercise will help with this. Good luck![/quote']

I do eat very little I get full easily, and problem I eat a lot of Popsicles sugar free. I usually keep under 800-1000 calories- I've started walking recently on a regular but still no lost since preop; will this possibly change when I get a fill in?

I started losing right away and always did, even during the post op diet. But, I also started tracking my calories and measuring my portions from the day I got home from the hospital. I really think this is why I've always lost.

Keep in mind that the band itself doesn't make you lose weight. It's there to control your hunger (which it does well) but weight loss happens when you burn more calories than you consume. It just gets a lot easier once you have adequate Fluid in your band.

@ mis73...I could almost cry everytime I read one of your posts.

Am so discouraged with the whole thing....stuck at 35 lb loss...umm for the last 5 months.

I show my drs my food log etc, they have no ideas for me as to why I am not losing. Im eating right, staying in my range and nothing. sick of being hungry and thinking about food. I just have no feelings like any of you say on here and when I ask my dr...they tell me not to be on these forums???? I am 7 months out and still not feeling any help from it...yes i have had a fill every month so far and still nothing. I am thankful for the fact I dont have any of these issues everyone talks about...the puking, getting stuck. Ive never had any but almost wish I did..at least I would feel that maybe it was working??? I really wonder if it is there sometimes?...lol..well I know it is as I watch the needle go in and hear it when she hits the spot to fill.

I wonder if I am one of the ones that it wont work for??

5 months is ridiculous to not have lost anything. I go up and down the same 5 lbs day in and day out. I dont think I will go back next month if I havent lost an oz again...embarrassing and a waste of 275.00 to weight in and have them tell me the same things over and over and then no help as to why its not working for me.

At this point...Im not even going to be able to hit 50 lbs in a year????which is absolutely pathetic having had weight loss surger and I look at your weight loss and

think jesus christ why the hell cant i do that??? I better quit now....or i wont sleep all night because of it again.

best wished to you for continued success

Pj-I had only lost 37 after 7 months and finally got that fill(6th) that gave me the green zone. I'm glad I didn't give up!

Are u exercising? If no, it is very important exercise regularly and not do the same routine all the time. Make sure u are adding in weights also not just cardio.

@ mis73...I could almost cry everytime I read one of your posts.

Am so discouraged with the whole thing....stuck at 35 lb loss...umm for the last 5 months.

I show my drs my food log etc, they have no ideas for me as to why I am not losing. Im eating right, staying in my range and nothing. sick of being hungry and thinking about food. I just have no feelings like any of you say on here and when I ask my dr...they tell me not to be on these forums???? I am 7 months out and still not feeling any help from it...yes i have had a fill every month so far and still nothing. I am thankful for the fact I dont have any of these issues everyone talks about...the puking, getting stuck. Ive never had any but almost wish I did..at least I would feel that maybe it was working??? I really wonder if it is there sometimes?...lol..well I know it is as I watch the needle go in and hear it when she hits the spot to fill.

I wonder if I am one of the ones that it wont work for??

5 months is ridiculous to not have lost anything. I go up and down the same 5 lbs day in and day out. I dont think I will go back next month if I havent lost an oz again...embarrassing and a waste of 275.00 to weight in and have them tell me the same things over and over and then no help as to why its not working for me.

At this point...Im not even going to be able to hit 50 lbs in a year????which is absolutely pathetic having had weight loss surger and I look at your weight loss and

think jesus christ why the hell cant i do that??? I better quit now....or i wont sleep all night because of it again.

best wished to you for continued success

wow I'm so sorry

If you're tracking your calories and still not losing, I would go see your primary care doctor and request a full blood panel. There could be a medical reason you're not losing, like thyroid issues. One thing I've found over my years dealing with doctors is that you have to be firm and you have leave each to their specialty or things get over looked. I'm afraid you may have a medical issue that may be overlooked.

Hang in there!

PJ, does it really matter if it takes you one year or 3 years to attain your goal? If you're making yourself healthy every step of the way, isn't it a good thing?

Impatience is quite normal for all of us. Stories like Missy's, Floridays and B-52 should stand as aspirations for all of us, not walls or roadblocks to a healthier life.

You're healthier now than when you started right? Keep working at it and never give up. Look at Candice Glover on American Idol. She was rejected twice and mocked by Simon Cowell as a lounge act. You're no lounge act and you're just as capable at succeeding as anyone on the forum.

tmf