Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since we all got here by not following dietary guidelines, it's no surprise that many struggle with adhering to "the rules" for preoperative and postoperative eating and exercise. Empathy and support is asked for in many different ways. Sometimes it's in the form of "confessing" to cheating. Whether insurance covered the surgery or not is irrelevant. Self sabotage is how we got here. Dealing with "head" issues throughout the process is essential to success.

As stated earlier, Kitt was not judging anyone, by calling them out by name. She was frustrated, like many of us and as stated "venting". She's trying to understand where others minds are, what makes others tick.

I think its terribly unfair to be judge for doing so.

I would hope that anyone is free to ask anything to do with LBS and those that don't like the thread are free to move on. No one gets judged!IMHO

most (large/overweight) people are judged

and it hurts......it hurts bad...memories from my own

mother and her words hurt me to this day...and why i try hard not too because who the f**k am i to judge.

most (large/overweight) people are judged

and it hurts......it hurts bad...memories from my own

mother and her words hurt me to this day...and why i try hard not too because who the f**k am i to judge.

I pray for the day you stop judging yourself. You is kind, you is smart, you is important(especially to me). God don't make junk!

I pray for the day you stop judging yourself. You is kind, you is smart, you is important(especially to me). God don't make junk!

text my ole man and tell him that i am smart part

.......he would choke laffing :wacko:

i am lucky to have met some outstanding and wonderful people on this forum....i am blessed in that regard.

text my ole man and tell him that i am smart part

.......he would choke laffing :wacko:

i am lucky to have met some outstanding and wonderful people on this forum....i am blessed in that regard.

Tell Mr K I need to speak with him.Meet me tonight in our regular spot.lol

I too get very frustrated when I see post after post of people sabotaging themselves, or people saying "the band didn't work for me" when it was them that clearly failed not the band.

If someone tells me I'm "lucky" for losing so much weight I tell them luck has absolutely nothing to do with it- I worked my @ss off for every pound I lost.

But one thing I have learned in the 16 months since being banded and on these forums- you can't take what others do (or don't do) to heart and you can't let it bother you. The only person you can control is you. If others choose to drown in their own ignorance that's their problem, not yours.

Totally agree.

People can make whatever choices they want, because as stated above the only person they're cheating is themselves. HOWEVER- when a person makes bad choices back to back, constantly over a period of time, then wonders why their band has slipped, they haven't lost weight, or they're getting even worse complications... That annoys me. Really bad. I want to scream, "Helllooooo, wake up!" LOL

(Not to say everyone who has a slip misbehaves. I know freak accidents happen.)

You are absolutely correct. The band alone will not do it; is up to the individual to practice behavioral modification. There is some procedure called banding over the band????? This is when some banders feel the band produced no results. Not “gradually” moving away from the old eating habits will eventually cause weight gain.

After overcoming two Achilles tendon surgeries, being in a cast for five months--in my opinion was no reason for me to gain 15 pounds. This weight gain was as a result of drinking juice, little Snacks here and there, the list went on and on. I absolutely did not need to accept these food items, nor was I forced to eat them. The weight gain was totally my fault and not the band.

I quickly caught myself and got back on track. I stopped people from bringing me junk. I split my plate of food in to two (lunch and dinner). I took small bites; allowing time for the food to register to my brain that I was actually full. I had to really overcome “taste” again, and I worked my upper body while watching a program called Sit and Be Fit.

Once out of my cast, I pushed myself to walk distance regardless of the excruciating back pain from being in the bed for months. I can now walk at a minimal of five miles plus a day.

If I can get back on track after two surgeries, hospitalization and strict bed rest, anyone can. The band alone won’t do it!

Once out of my cast, I pushed myself to walk distance regardless of the excruciating back pain from being in the bed for months. I can now walk at a minimal of five miles plus a day.

If I can get back on track after two surgeries, hospitalization and strict bed rest, anyone can. The band alone won’t do it!

I went from 270 to 215 and ballooned up to 225-230 during my layup. I was totally discussed, but again

Sunny44, you are a true inspiration! Thank you for sharing ! Hope you are healing well, and I know, you are successful!

Many thanks for the welcoming responses. We must all remember, we did not go to the operating table and under the knife for nothing. With that being said, we should only look for- and accept postive results.