Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling like a failure and need to vent

I really just need to vent. I am starting to feel like a failure. Let me say that I am SO proud of my accomplishment so far! I'm down 47lbs in 13 weeks and I have put a lot of hard work and dedication into getting to this point. Recently, I have been completely off my diet and eating the way I used to. I'm a teacher and I am surrounded by temptations of Snacks, cake, etc.. and I have given in to them unfortunately. I find myself getting to the point of uncontrollable to be honest. I try so hard to get back on track with my eating and I just can't seem to do it! Today was my weigh in day, and the scale jumped up just about 4 pounds. I'm not surprised at all because I am fully aware of how terribly I've been eating, but it was a huge wake up call. I feel so low today just because I know what the scale said and I don't even want to look at myself in the mirror. How do all of you overcome your temptations and cravings, especially when you've already been on a roll of eating badly? I'm just looking for some motivation and strategies to overcome this hurdle. I know I'll get back on track, I'm just looking for that extra push, so to speak... :(

You're not a failure, in fact far from it. You've just hit a stumbling block on your way towards success.

I've only hit one major stumbling point since being banded 16 months and that was over this past Christmas. I don't know what happened, but after about a month of grazing and eating like crap the scale jumped up 6 pounds the week after Christmas. My instinct was to give up and cry, but I realized that's the exact same stinking thinking that led me to need WLS to begin with. So, I let it go. I purged my home of all even remotely tempting food and went back onto my normally healthy eating plan. At first, it was hard because eating so poorly during that time period woke up my addictive food behavior. But I stuck to it and within 2 weeks the weight came back off and I was right back on track like my slip up never happened.

You can totally do this. You've had a small temporary set back but you are strong enough to get back track and continue on your journey of success.

Best wishes.

I haven't been banded yet (Will be on May 21st) but you can do this. You have already changed your ways once and you simply slipped up and starting eating like you did before. I can be the one to tell you I have done this a million times while dieiting. It all comes down to your mental attitude and training your mind about situations you come by on a daily basis. I'm currently on my Pre-Op diet and I know its going to be harder going forward but I'm keeping a great mindset. I know everyone can't do this overnight and it takes time. I know once they put that mask on me before surgery and then I wake up in recovery, its a new beginning and new lifestyle.

Don't be discourged and put yourself back on track! You have everyones support on here and everyone involved in your life :)

-Amine

First off, really like the name 'ireallywannabethin'!

I see it's been over a month since your last fill. Do you think it might be time for another?

I'm new to this and only recently got my second fill, but it kind of sounds like you don't have enough restriction. Of course you have to be the judge of that though! Just giving my 2 cents in hopes that it might help.

You lost a fantastic amount of weight in record time... don't let four pound gain discourage you!

One question, are you logging every thing you are eating? Don't bother answering since you are one of my MFP friends and I just looked :ph34r:

In my life not logging something is a form of secret eating, If I don't log it, I didn't really eat it. Could this be a problem for you as well? I know how badly it hurts to be honest with yourself and put down in black and white that you ate something you know you shouldn't have, but that is part of the process of being honest with ourselves about why we are fat.

I would challenge you for the rest of the month, write down EVERYTHING and see if that helps.

GIrl you can do this, you just got to get your head back in the game, track, blogg again ( yes I follow and Ive been missing you ..lol) talk to the Dr or NUT if you need..

We are all here for you to support you too!

extra push.......lets see

you lost 47 pounds so far

that is 9 five pound bags of potatoes or sugar

that is a success in my book

failure my butt......success = YOU

you know what to do, so do it

eat right...eat your allotted amounts

fresh veggies/protein/fruit and drink

and get on with it...

dont look at what you (think you did bad)

think of all you did exceptionally WELL

Keep%2Bcalm%2Band%2Bbelieve%2Byou%2Bcan%2Bdo%2Bit.png

Thank you everyone for all of your kind words of support! I'm still struggling lately but I know that this wont define my success. It's how I come back from this struggle that will! We can do this!!