Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEED HELP ASAP!

I have been banded for over a year now and have been doing good. I had a slippage and a dilated pouch in dec and I was miserable through the holidays. I went to my dr and they took all the fills out. I finally went back last month and got 3cc put in my band and I have been really tight in the morning and in the evening. So I just have a small window to eat something in the afternoon and keep it down. However this morning I had 1/4 cup of scrambled eggs and I had to throw them up. They wouldn't go down. I had a few sips of Water this afternoon that stayed down but I'm just not feeling good. I feel the acid coming up my throat my back hurts and my head is pounding. Do I need to go to the er? I'm miserable please help me....

Try babying your band. Suck crushed ice to reduce swelling and stick to liquids. If you can't get those down then go to ER.

A lot of bandsters are too tight to eat in the morning so they have a Protein shake instead. Scrambled eggs can be a difficult food to eat.I think maybe they put too much back in 1 go and you have not adjusted your eating style accordingly. Small bites,chew well, eat slowly. Work with your band and you should be OK.

I would seek medical attention. It's not worth the risks. You know when your body is just not right.

I have been banded for over a year now and have been doing good. I had a slippage and a dilated pouch in dec and I was miserable through the holidays. I went to my dr and they took all the fills out. I finally went back last month and got 3cc put in my band and I have been really tight in the morning and in the evening. So I just have a small window to eat something in the afternoon and keep it down. However this morning I had 1/4 cup of scrambled eggs and I had to throw them up. They wouldn't go down. I had a few sips of Water this afternoon that stayed down but I'm just not feeling good. I feel the acid coming up my throat my back hurts and my head is pounding. Do I need to go to the er? I'm miserable please help me....

As much experience as others have on this site, no one is equipped to advise you on the extreme problems you're having. As Terry said, call your doctor. If his office is closed, page him. The problem with doctors in the ER; they're not equipped to deal with band issues. But if it's that bad and you can't get your doctor, the ER would be the next in line.

I was banded a year and a half ago, just over the last two weeksiI have vomited a couple of times quite bad then when I eat later it feels like its in tha back of my throat and I keep burping, I went o my dr who gave me Zantac for acid but its not burning it's just sitting there, if I have a coffee I burp it up have to sleep sitting up as if I lay down I feel it's going to come up again, not vomiting though!!! Any ideas anyone please

Ok just got off the phone with dr he wants me to go to the er. It's the hospital I had my surgery at so the er dr there know what to do he told me. Thank u hope this helps n no big problems fingers crossed.

Ok just got off the phone with dr he wants me to go to the er. It's the hospital I had my surgery at so the er dr there know what to do he told me. Thank u hope this helps n no big problems fingers crossed.

That was very smart to call!!! Good luck and let us all know.

I was banded a year and a half ago, just over the last two weeksiI have vomited a couple of times quite bad then when I eat later it feels like its in tha back of my throat and I keep burping, I went o my dr who gave me Zantac for acid but its not burning it's just sitting there, if I have a coffee I burp it up have to sleep sitting up as if I lay down I feel it's going to come up again, not vomiting though!!! Any ideas anyone please

Don't take this the wrong way but you hijacked this thread. It's OK as we all do it sometimes and talk about our own stuff. But the problem is this, Not many people will see your post when you ask a question within another thread.

You should start another topic in the general discussion area of the forums. I know this is a huge site and it's very confusing. But if you do start your own topic, hundreds of people will see your topic/comment and some will respond. Only the people who read or follow this particular thread will see your post and it limits the amount of possible responders.

Having said all that, I have no idea what is going on with your burping and reflux? But I do know that a violent barfing session can cause your band to slip. When you say your dr? Your primary care doc or your bariatric doc? A PCP wont know his butt from a lapband so don't rely too much on his/her advice in this matter. Make sure your doc is a bariatric doc and they should look at your stomach through a floroscope.

tmf

Just got back from er the dr's were great they took 4cc out of my band. My dr told me he only put 2.5cc in last month so he lied to me. I feel better but as soon as I got home I threw up and I'm still feeling kinda nauseous and have a horrible headache.

Wow, what an ordeal! I'm glad you're home & feeling a bit better. Did they tell you to stay on liquids for a few days? After so much upset to your system, I think it's probably a good idea. I hope each day improves for you!

They did tell me to stay on a liquid diet until I can get in to see my dr. I totally plan to stay on liquid and Protein Shakes and shots only. I think I have put my body through enough right now. I have a fractured foot on top of everything else. But I'm doing much better being at home.

I'm so glad to know that you are ok...You did the right thing! Take it easy for now. ;)