Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Major complications.... Forceful vomiting the past few days....

So I have been doing really great with my band since I had my surgery in November, but the past couple days it felt like I had no restriction and then all of a sudden EVERYTHING has been getting stuck.... Last night the vomiting was so forceful that i have blotches on my face and nearly almost broke blood vessels in my eyes.... I need to know if this is normal or if I should see a doctor?!?! My first and only adjustment was in January so it's not tight!!!

I dont know from personal experiance ..but if it was me I would def call the Dr .

So I have been doing really great with my band since I had my surgery in November, but the past couple days it felt like I had no restriction and then all of a sudden EVERYTHING has been getting stuck.... Last night the vomiting was so forceful that i have blotches on my face and nearly almost broke blood vessels in my eyes.... I need to know if this is normal or if I should see a doctor?!?! My first and only adjustment was in January so it's not tight!!!

Call your doctor the minute you read this. Vomiting to the extent you describe isn't good under any circumstances, let alone with a band. Also, just because you had only one adjustment does not mean you can't be too tight. Everyone is different. Some people don't need fills at all. You could have a slip with prolapse and have part of your stomach that isn't getting circulation and necrotizing. Vomiting is NEVER "normal" with wls.

go to the doctor as they know best.

Call your doctor!

wonderful news. I also was going to suggest you call your dr. But everyone beat me too it...

another thing to consider. the weather..sometimes when it gets cold out, my band gets tighter. Not saying that's what happen, but it has happened too me a few time when i realized that when it gets cold out, my band gets tighter.

Also, do you think it's possible that in the days before when you felt like you had no restriction that you laxed a little on your rules and maybe ate too fast or attempted something that maybe you didn't chew just quite enough...?

Reason i'm asking is not to skole you, but because i have done this very thing. I got too comfortable and attempted to ate steak... got the worst stick EVER... and sometimes when i eat and i don't pay attention, i will revert back to eating too fast and not chewing good.... and well we all know what happens.

3.5 years out, but it still happens....When it does i do a few things... i start with a heating pad on my stomach.... not hot... warm. this next line will make people mad, but.... If that does not help, i try to get it up with soda... the carbonation helps it come up... and if that still does not help... lemon juice, Water and meat tenderizer..in a shot glass.... drink and it will deff. come up.

wonderful news. I also was going to suggest you call your dr. But everyone beat me too it...

another thing to consider. the weather..sometimes when it gets cold out' date=' my band gets tighter. Not saying that's what happen, but it has happened too me a few time when i realized that when it gets cold out, my band gets tighter.

Also, do you think it's possible that in the days before when you felt like you had no restriction that you laxed a little on your rules and maybe ate too fast or attempted something that maybe you didn't chew just quite enough...?

Reason i'm asking is not to skole you, but because i have done this very thing. I got too comfortable and attempted to ate steak... got the worst stick EVER... and sometimes when i eat and i don't pay attention, i will revert back to eating too fast and not chewing good.... and well we all know what happens.

3.5 years out, but it still happens....When it does i do a few things... i start with a heating pad on my stomach.... not hot... warm. this next line will make people mad, but.... If that does not help, i try to get it up with soda... the carbonation helps it come up... and if that still does not help... lemon juice, Water and meat tenderizer..in a shot glass.... drink and it will deff. come up.[/quote']

Good to know.... Thank you!!! Yea I usually just make myself sick but this just came out of nowhere and it was a good 5 hours after I ate so it threw me off a bit.... I noticed I have the opposite effect when it's cold, my band seems to be looser than when it's hot out.... I will definitely keep those remedies in mind for future reference!!!!

So glad you got your problem solved so quickly. I bet that was scary. Follow my lap band blog www.biscuitsandexcuses.blogspot.com

You should call the doctor, I haven't been banded yet but this isn't normal.

Being there, done that, worst stuck ever. Ended up taking myself to hospital after suffering the whole night. I now know to not get too complacent even when it feels like I could eat anything.

amen... Elcee...

too show you all how long a stick can last..... one night... not too long ago. I attempted to eat Popeyes chicken... dark meat... ate half a thigh... but didn't stop there... oh noooo i thought, one bite of red Beans with rice won't hurt... Right... Wrong... stayed stuck... would not come up no matter what i tried.... finally the next morning... yes 12 hours later... after the meat tenderizer... it came up. Looking like it did when it went down.... I know that was TMI... but goes to show you how long it could last.