Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am glad I had the lapband. I am happy to be going down instead of going up! I am curious if anyone have problems eating at times. Some days I'm not hungry and then another I may be starving, try to eat and then I can't. Anyone else have this issue?

pre-op wt 344, current wt. 289.6

Honestly no...

How many fills have you had?

When you say you cant eat anything, can you at least get liquids down? How about soft foods like yogurt or cottage cheese?

I am not at proper restriction so I do battle hunger a lot, but I never have trouble getting things down (unless I eat harsh foods like a pig without chewing properly)

Honestly no...

How many fills have you had?

When you say you cant eat anything' date=' can you at least get liquids down? How about soft foods like yogurt or cottage cheese?

I am not at proper restriction so I do battle hunger a lot, but I never have trouble getting things down (unless I eat harsh foods like a pig without chewing properly)[/quote']

I can eat but I may only get two bites in and I'm done.

Because of the band I am very rarely hungry....like it says, one of the characteristics of the green Zone is "No Hunger"

Many people say they experience that between meals.....I experience that 24/7 and it has nothing to do with eating...it has to do with the presence of my band

telling my brain I am full, don't need to eat, even though I have not eaten....in other words I have no interest in eating, and there are times I will forget altogether...especially when I'm busy....

I have to remind myself , (and force myself) I have to eat even though I really don't feel like it......

And when I do eat, the band will let me eat just so much....unable to over eat even if I wanted to.....another trait of the green zone - "Portion Control"

I know exactly what you mean when you say 2 bites and you're done....that is how it is for me also....

People think it's a physical thing, as though you can't eat or keep anything down...and you can only eat slider foods, etc.....it's not!! They don't get it because they have never experienced it......NOT that I'm full, I have NEVER felt full with the band.

I LOVE the band, have never regretted this surgery one bit......the first 6 months were hell, with a lot of adjustment...both the band and myself, and plenty of stuck episodes until I learned......but after that, after getting in the Green Zone and experiencing what I stated above, it has been the EASIEST thing I could have ever done to loose weight.....it's a new lifestyle...the weight just naturally comes off without even trying......

I have not had a stuck episode in I don't know how long.....18 months?

I am at a point now, where, as my Dr. has said, there is no more weight left for me to loose....I'm finished!!! It just can't get any better than this!!

And I still don't miss food one bit.....it is a new lifestyle, a new way of thinking and living....FREEDOM!!!

Of course, the band is adjustable, and people can choose which avenue they wish to achieve their success.....and getting there is the hardest work of all and I feel many have a hard time getting through that phase, and some choose not to....

I can eat but I may only get two bites in and I'm done.

yep, same here

some days i can eat a wee bit more

some days one or two bites and i am done..

the band is a great thing

I am glad I had the lapband. I am happy to be going down instead of going up! I am curious if anyone have problems eating at times. Some days I'm not hungry and then another I may be starving' date=' try to eat and then I can't. Anyone else have this issue?

pre-op wt 344, current wt. 289.6[/quote']

Yes. This happens to me. My band is moody. Lol.

Yes, I actually posted this same info last month. I have days when food is like blah!!!! Then I have days like this whole entire month that I eat like it's going out of style. Lol I haven't gained any weight but I haven't lost any either and I go to the doc next week. I can't wait because I know I need my band tightened.

Thank you for your responses. I have really been lacking on tracking my food because I'm so finicky with foods most days. Now today has not been too great. I'm an emotional and taste eater and I ate more today than any other day.

Because of the band I am very rarely hungry....like it says' date=' one of the characteristics of the green Zone is "No Hunger"

Many people say they experience that between meals.....I experience that 24/7 and it has nothing to do with eating...it has to do with the presence of my band

telling my brain I am full, don't need to eat, even though I have not eaten....in other words I have no interest in eating, and there are times I will forget altogether...especially when I'm busy....

I have to remind myself , (and force myself) I have to eat even though I really don't feel like it......

And when I do eat, the band will let me eat just so much....unable to over eat even if I wanted to.....another trait of the green zone - "Portion Control"

I know exactly what you mean when you say 2 bites and you're done....that is how it is for me also....

People think it's a physical thing, as though you can't eat or keep anything down...and you can only eat slider foods, etc.....it's not!! They don't get it because they have never experienced it......NOT that I'm full, I have NEVER felt full with the band.

I LOVE the band, have never regretted this surgery one bit......the first 6 months were hell, with a lot of adjustment...both the band and myself, and plenty of stuck episodes until I learned......but after that, after getting in the Green Zone and experiencing what I stated above, it has been the EASIEST thing I could have ever done to loose weight.....it's a new lifestyle...the weight just naturally comes off without even trying......

I have not had a stuck episode in I don't know how long.....18 months?

I am at a point now, where, as my Dr. has said, there is no more weight left for me to loose....I'm finished!!! It just can't get any better than this!!

And I still don't miss food one bit.....it is a new lifestyle, a new way of thinking and living....FREEDOM!!!

Of course, the band is adjustable, and people can choose which avenue they wish to achieve their success.....and getting there is the hardest work of all and I feel many have a hard time getting through that phase, and some choose not to....[/quote']

If u don't mind me asking, when did u have surgery and how much did u lose?

Yes, absolutely. Some days I can eat and some days I can't eat anything. Like right now. I am hungry and tried to eat but the food just sits in my throat and comes up (I can tell this right on the first bite). Then, other days, I can eat like I don't even have the band. But even on those days, I try to keep it sensible and closer to the ideal portion size. This is the most frustrating and annoying thing. However- and this is what I'm going to talk to my doctor about tomorrow- is that if take that first bite and can't eat- I PB (unintentionally) and then it's like: whoa! Now that all that slime is up, there is room to eat. I don't understand it and I don't think it can be good. In an attempt to understand it, I think (and this is probably wrong) that all the saliva I've been swallowing (i.e. the slime) has built up and when I take that first bite, it upsets the saliva and makes it come up. Then, that barrier of slime is gone and my stomach is ready to accept food. I hope that's not too much or graphic for you but that is truly my experience. I hope you fair much better than me. This is most difficult and I'm just about a year post op.

I am very restricted in the mornings.I can't really eat too early.I have to drink something first then later on after an hr or longer i can eat breakfast.Sometimes even a Protein Shake will bother me.Its normal to be restricted in the mornings.Sometimes i am more hungry then other times.It depends really.I only eat when i am hungry.

My doc suggested drinking something hot first thing in the morning...that helps other drinks go down for me, but I'm the same...I rarely eat before 11 or so...

I am very restricted in the mornings.I can't really eat too early.I have to drink something first then later on after an hr or longer i can eat breakfast.Sometimes even a Protein shake will bother me.Its normal to be restricted in the mornings.Sometimes i am more hungry then other times.It depends really.I only eat when i am hungry.

Yes this is exactly how I feel!!!

My doc suggested drinking something hot first thing in the morning...that helps other drinks go down for me' date=' but I'm the same...I rarely eat before 11 or so...[/quote']

Thank you! I need to try this.

Yes' date=' absolutely. Some days I can eat and some days I can't eat anything. Like right now. I am hungry and tried to eat but the food just sits in my throat and comes up (I can tell this right on the first bite). Then, other days, I can eat like I don't even have the band. But even on those days, I try to keep it sensible and closer to the ideal portion size. This is the most frustrating and annoying thing. However- and this is what I'm going to talk to my doctor about tomorrow- is that if take that first bite and can't eat- I PB (unintentionally) and then it's like: whoa! Now that all that slime is up, there is room to eat. I don't understand it and I don't think it can be good. In an attempt to understand it, I think (and this is probably wrong) that all the saliva I've been swallowing (i.e. the slime) has built up and when I take that first bite, it upsets the saliva and makes it come up. Then, that barrier of slime is gone and my stomach is ready to accept food. I hope that's not too much or graphic for you but that is truly my experience. I hope you fair much better than me. This is most difficult and I'm just about a year post op.[/quote']

No it's not too graphic for me!! I know what your talking about. I have had that problem when my allergies are really bad and I was assuming its because of my allergies. It don't happen often, but I have experienced your problem. Today is one of those days!