Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any bandings in May????

They help break down the food that's stuck. I saw some banders talk about it on YouTube and made sure I got some. They worked fast for me.

Need to try this out.

Hi all, I just had my surgery on May 23rd. I've been on the liquid diet for two weeks now (one week before surgery and one week after) and I've only had one bowel movement since surgery. Is this normal?

Hi all' date=' I just had my surgery on May 23rd. I've been on the liquid diet for two weeks now (one week before surgery and one week after) and I've only had one bowel movement since surgery. Is this normal?[/quote']

Normal but take a stool softener for a few days am it will come (and be easier on you)

I started taking Miralax on day 5-6 and by my 3-4 day of taking it I went. My doctor told me if I hadn't by day 7 to start taking a stool softener and to not freak out because bowel movements will happen less frequently since there is less intake.

Had surgery on May 28, not really that much gas pain. Just a little pain at my port sight. Today is my last day on clears start full liquid tomorrow. Walking three time a day doing blocks in the neighborhood. My sore throat has passed just ready to see the weight fall off!!

Had surgery on May 28' date=' not really that much gas pain. Just a little pain at my port sight. Today is my last day on clears start full liquid tomorrow. Walking three time a day doing blocks in the neighborhood. My sore throat has passed just ready to see the weight fall off!![/quote']

You are doing good! The only walking I've been doing is around my house and sometimes the yard. Don't get,too aggressive though. On day five I was feeling great and did some shopping and I must have lifted too much. My side ached and I had to take a couple more doses of pain meds. It's been a week from my surgery and I'm feeling really good today.

Thanks for the input. This is one topic neither the doctor nor nutritionist covered.

Hi everyone! I had my surgery on Wednesday the 29th & doing fine. Had a lot of gas pain but it's slowly leaving. I've been doing my Clear Liquids & walking. The only thing is sleeping at night I have to make sure that I'm comfortable & sitting up a little. Other than that I'm doing great!

Congrats to everyone this month;)

Hello fellow bandsters! I'm new to the site and was banded yesterday, May 30th. I'm having soreness near my incision sites, and it hurts to get up and down from sitting or laying down. Did any of you get bandages over steri strips? I'm afraid the bandage adhesive will pull the strips away, but the gauze looks nasty already. Any pointers?

Hello fellow bandsters! I'm new to the site and was banded yesterday' date=' May 30th. I'm having soreness near my incision sites, and it hurts to get up and down from sitting or laying down. Did any of you get bandages over steri strips? I'm afraid the bandage adhesive will pull the strips away, but the gauze looks nasty already. Any pointers?[/quote']

I just had mine done on the 23rd. My doctor super-glued my incisions over and I just had band aids over them. I had a lot of soreness too, especially the large incision. I'm nine days out and the large incision is still a little sore but not very noticeable. I started feeling good on day four. Good luck!

Honorsmom, I know exactly how you feel! I was banded on the 30th also and was told I could shower today and take the small incision adhesives off but I'm also afraid the steri strip is going to come off... And the gauze on the 2 big incisions look gross.... I can't wait to shower but I'm def nervous... And it still hurts to get up and down!

Hello fellow bandsters! I'm new to the site and was banded yesterday' date=' May 30th. I'm having soreness near my incision sites, and it hurts to get up and down from sitting or laying down. Did any of you get bandages over steri strips? I'm afraid the bandage adhesive will pull the strips away, but the gauze looks nasty already. Any pointers?[/quote']

I changed my gauze daily (I had drainage from a couple incisions and it looked gross, so I changed daily for about a week, then removed) I had steri strips as well. After two weeks I had to take them off myself (my doc said after 14 days if they hadn't peeled themselves for me to pull them off). You definitely won't pull your strips off by changing gauze. Those steri strips are on there TRUST me Lol. BTW your pain is 100% normal. It lasted about a week for me. Eventually my port site was the only was that was tender/sore. Just take it easy, it will pass. Just take it slow and easy removing the gauze, I don't think it's possible to accidentally remove the steri strips, those suckers are on there!! Good luck! :)

I just showered and one came off.... I'm freaking out, it's not bleeding or anything but it hurts like hell...

I just showered and one came off.... I'm freaking out' date=' it's not bleeding or anything but it hurts like hell...[/quote']

Gauze or a steri strip?