Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone here who has been banded wear a medical alert Bracelet or dog tags? I was just thinking about how this might be important post-banding.

Two years out and I can't see the point of a medical alert Bracelet. My surgeon has never mentioned one and none of his literature has either.

But if your surgeon recommends getting one, then definitely do it.

I have one due to severe allergies, so i'm getting one re-made now that i'm post op just to add it in there.

i have a pink one.

7676744048_3e7ba674f6_m.jpg

7676743882_0e31112351_m.jpg

says i have lap band and plication

no nsaids

no blind tubing

7676743722_ef41f8e58d_m.jpg

i cant speak for how important they are or not.

i wanted to have one for me and so i ordered me one.

it cost 86 as i added pink medic alert and some extras like dark lettering but you can get them way chepaer than what i ordered. that was just my preference.

i have a pink one.

no nsaids

no blind tubing

i cant speak for how important

i wanted to have one for me and so i ordered one.

this cost me 86 dollars (mainly bc of the pink stainless steel ans gemstone trio Bracelet

but you can get them way way cheaper or even a card for your wallet.

That's pretty snazzy--I like the idea of having it--I'm thinking the people saying it's not necessary have likely never needed it. I think I will go the dog tag route personally but I really dig your lap band bling :)

You can't be too safe...................................... Everyone who has a med condition or who is on meds should probably have one. I need to get one myself.

i have a pink one.

no nsaids

no blind tubing

i cant speak for how important

i wanted to have one for me and so i ordered one.

this cost me 86 dollars (mainly bc of the pink stainless steel and gemstone trio Bracelet

but you can get them way way cheaper or even a card for your wallet.

Where can I order this from I love it !!

Why would it be necessary to have a medical

Alert Bracelet?

Why would it be necessary to have a medical

Alert Bracelet?

For at least a couple of reasons--if you are ever unconscious and can't tell medical personnel, they somehow need to know that you've been banded and shouldn't have an NG tube inserted blindly and shouldn't be given any NSAIDs.

For at least a couple of reasons--if you are ever unconscious and can't tell medical personnel, they somehow need to know that you've been banded and shouldn't have an NG tube inserted blindly and shouldn't be given any NSAIDs.

This is SO true!

I had to have my band emptied in August so they could insert an NG tube. Thankfully, the surgeon treating me was my bariatric surgeon's partner so he was more than aware of what I needed.

But I actually had to have it inserted while awake (not pleasant) so I could swallow as they inserted it, making it less of a risk of them accidentally puncturing my stomach because of the band. I shudder to think what may have happened if I'd had a surgeon who wasn't also a bariatric surgeon and didn't know all this.

Ever since, I have a Lap Band card I carry behind my driver's license. I figure if I'm unconscious and someone is going for my ID they'll see the Lap Band card, too

(but I still think the medical alert Bracelet is a great idea)

I think its a great idea. Especially too if you have medical conditions.

Missy something even more to think of