Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Secret Inspiration Clothes

I have a denim skirt that is a size 16. I wore it many many years ago. At that time I weighed 190 so that has been my goal weight from the very beginning. Once I get into that skirt I'll evaluate the idea of a new goal weight ;)

My goal is a pair of black size 9 "Rockies" that I fit into for about 15 minutes a decade ago. They make my a@@ look FABULOUS and hubby loves me in Rockies!

I'm back in all my 16's and starting to slide back into all my old 14's that have been hanging in my closet for some time. I moved up all the size 12's from their box in the gargage and am eyeballing them for my next "closet" shopping spree.

Skye

Mine is my wedding dress from 7 years ago. I felt like I was in control and in shape then, even if I was 25 lbs over the weight I was supposed to be. Wedding1.jpg

It hangs in a bag and is there and I see and say, when I can fit into it and it's loose, then I'll know Im on the right road!

My husband wanted this huge wedding, I just wanted a quiet simple thing and say I do, and go on with life.

He got his way and we had it on a 20 acre horsefarm that they put in a 5 acre wedding place. This place was gorgeous.

When the sun started setting WOW the view you could see across the fields (behind us in the fields)

My goal is for it to be too big for our 10 year anniversary. I will have it taken up for our renewal vows! <fingers crossed><SIGH>

My goal is a pair of black size 9 "Rockies" that I fit into for about 15 minutes a decade ago. They make my a@@ look FABULOUS and hubby loves me in Rockies!

Skye

Skye, I have a pair of Rockies in my closet! Blue Denim. I used to have a red pair. I love Rockies but noone here (in NC) wears them. I got them when I used to live in Texas, I was skinny and dating a big ole handsome cowby...ahhh the good ole days...NOT! But I was slender, for sure! Not sure there's any hope at all getting into those things. I checked the size but I had cut out the tag. ??? I think I might have been embarassed that they were a size 9/10 or something? HA! I dunno, but I weighed around 120-125 back then. I was 24-25 years old. Those pants are not inspiring. But they do have sentimental value. I know there WAS a time when I had a cute bod and a great a$$. Even if I thought I was fat! LOL

I think Levi's would look pretty good on me. Just as soon as I lose another 50lbs. lol! God I hope I get some great shape to my butt. I'd hate to think I'd lose all of this weight and have no ass.

When and IF I do lose 100 lbs I will be wearing Levi's - havent worn jeans/pants in 15+ years but I always did when I was normal weight.

Oh btw, I would have NO clue what size to even buy so I will just steal a pair of my daughter's and say I'll wear them when I get her size WOW!

I might never get there but I'd love to be her size - she's 5'8 130 lbs [keeps dreaming]

I don't even know what size I started out in at my highest, probably a 22 or 24. At surgery I think I was in an 18 (218 lbs). For my birthday, because I was always complaining that I had no clothes that fit and my husband hated the pants that I did wear because it looked like I was carrying around a load in my but, he took me shopping. I will be the first to tell you that I hate shopping. I especially hate doing it with my husband in tow. However, I bought a pair of jeans, size 12 and I loved them. That was a month ago and even though I haven't lost any more lbs, they are baggy. I wore them yesterday and had to swing by my house at lunch and put on a belt. Yesterday I splurged and shopped a little afterwork and bought a pair of pants, two jackets and two shirts. My pants are a 12 but they are slacks so I don't want them fitting tight at all. My jackets are MEDIUM!!!!! And the best of all was my shirts. They came from the junior section. I didn't even shop in the junior section when I was a junior.

I will tell you all my little secret, that really isn't a secret because I share it with everyone who comments on how flat my stomach is. I wear a girdle. A great girdle in fact. It comes all the way up to just under my breast (actually my bra is over the top of the girdle in the back) and goes down to mid thigh. I have tried girdles in the past and even Spanx and I never liked any of them because they would just roll down and be very uncomfortable. I love this one. I have one for every day of the week, every color, every everything. I bought it at JC Penny's, (can't remember the name) and it is a spandex type material. Holds my stomach in incredibly well. And I know it is probably just an illusion but when I am not wearing it, I feel as though it has pulled it all in so much each day that it helps it stay that way.

When I get under 200lbs, I will get one of those girdles. Does it help tighten muscles or make them weaker? I heard a few things about girdles a few years ago but I can't remember what exactly.

I have a friend who just gave me her "fat" clothes (not that she called them that) but thats what they were for her. They are a size 14. I think I'd be thrilled to be in any of those. I'm a size 18 now. Though they are getting baggy somewhat, size 16 is to little. There seems to be more of a jump from 18 to 16 than there was from 20 to 18.

I am so glad to hear someone else say this too. I started at 18 and even though I am (.5) short of losing 40 pds I still have a tight fit in some 16 & the 14 well ....it looks like I am at least 15 pds away from fitting into them. So I am not crazy??%$$##$ Horray!.... Or am I??:grouphug: