Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No one can tell ive lost weight! Gggrrr!

So I was banded on 2/19 and had my post-op yesterday. I'm all healed and have lost 20lbs. I feel more energy, my clothes are looser and I'm on my journey. The funny thing is, when I tell people I've lost 20lbs they look at me sideways and to be honest, i dont really see it either!Lol!

20lbs is 20lbs, right? So how come my 20lbs is invisible? Did I lose it in my feet or something?

( I'm not complaining, I just find it so strange!)

I was banded on November 6th and have lost over 50 pounds. It wasn't until last week that people started to say something. Give it time...the compliments will come!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Don't be discouraged. I'm guessing you're still wearing the same clothes, yes? That alone will hide your loss because clothes that are baggy make you look bigger.

Plus, I find people are really hesitant to comment on weight until it reaches that point it's impossible not to notice. They're scared of going "Oh you lost weight?" just have you go "Uh no, are you saying I'm fat?" Let's face it, weight is a very touchy subject so people very much approach the topic with a lot caution.

No one said anything to me and started to notice until I lost about 60 pounds, btw.

Be patient, they'll notice :)

if (you) know, then that is all that matters...

me being a biggun, it took a while for anyone to notice..so when they do notice, and they will...smile and say thank YOU

Thanks guys! In my mind, 20lbs is a lot of weight( because I've never lost more than 10lbs-- EVER! )

I gain weight all over so I guess it stands to reason that I'm losing it that way as well.

And for the record, I think one pinky finger and both big toes are smaller! Lol!)

I have lost 40...and people are just now starting to say..."oh yeah...I can see it in your face...lol".

But I feel it all over. That's all that counts.

I have lost 40...and people are just now starting to say..."oh yeah...I can see it in your face...lol".

Same here!!!!

There are some things I notice that other people can't... My wedding ring fits again.. My sneakers are getting super loose.. My socks don't leave indents on my ankles anymore.. My bra is one snap tighter..

I try to focus on these things :)

In my case when You are 377 lbs 20 lbs lost is nothing noticeable .... When you are 155 lbs ...people will notice 5 lbs loss.. I think I lost 100 lbs before people really started noticing. Yet just recently someone who saw me last year in April when I was 205 saw me over the weekend and couldn't get over how small I had become since then. And that was only 58 lbs loss..... But the difference from a size 14 to a 6

Give it time... they will notice and so will you. 20 pounds in a couple of months is awesome!

In my case when You are 377 lbs 20 lbs lost is nothing noticeable .... When you are 155 lbs ...people will notice 5 lbs loss.. I think I lost 100 lbs before people really started noticing. Yet just recently someone who saw me last year in April when I was 205 saw me over the weekend and couldn't get over how small I had become since then. And that was only 53 lbs loss..... But the difference from a size 14 to a 6

Wow! You're doing great! I started at 263 and my scale told me this morning that I am now 239. I was waiting to see that 3!! Next goal is the 220's.

I just thought 20lbs would be obvious--- guess ill work for 50+.

I'm what you'd call "big boned" so my doctors goal for me is 145-165, my goal for myself is anything under 200!!!

I see it in my own face! My son told me that I look young. The next day I asked him if I still look young and he said "no." So I pulled my hair back and asked "how about with my hair pulled back like yesterday?"

"No Mom" he said "Focus on the distance factor, you look young from far away!"

Kids! Lolol

Wow! You're doing great! I started at 263 and my scale told me this morning that I am now 239. I was waiting to see that 3!! Next goal is the 220's.

I just thought 20lbs would be obvious--- guess ill work for 50+.

I'm what you'd call "big boned" so my doctors goal for me is 145-165, my goal for myself is anything under 200!!!

Thanks

I am 5'9" and was always told I was big boned.... Granted I am too tall to ever be petite but you may find like I did that my bones aren't as big as we once thought. LOL. However since I am in a size 6 now... Losing anymore then 5/10 more lbs wont look well on me I fear..

I took this journey 10 lbs at a time and one day I woke up and I was down 224 lbs...

Best of luck to you!!

Thanks

I am 5'9" and was always told I was big boned.... Granted I am too tall to ever be petite but you may find like I did that my bones aren't as big as we once thought. LOL. However since I am in a size 6 now... Losing anymore then 5/10 more lbs wont look well on me I fear..

I took this journey 10 lbs at a time and one day I woke up and I was down 224 lbs...

Best of luck to you!!

I just noticed your profile picture! Holy crap!! Your bones aren't big at all!! Lol!

I joke about my size 11 feet and man hands all the time. Maybe they will shrink too!!

I have a question: what about the boobs? Mine are quickly making their way toward my knees. Just the 20lb loss has caused them to surrender to the gravitational force and I'm afraid I might trip over them soon. Any tips?

Koolkel, they'll notice... Just keep going. I was amazed at how long it took people to say anything to me, but probably because in years past I've been so up and down, no one wanted to comment AGAIN and then see the weight back the following month. Also the loss is so slow and steady, it just kind of creeps up on people. People who comment mostly to me are folks who haven't seen me in a while.