Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

St. Pete/Bradenton/Sarasota area?

I missed the September support group meeting because I had to work :(. Dr. Bunch told me that the Dietician was at this meeting, so I was really bummed that I missed it.. Is there any good advice that was given by the dietician that you can share? I'm doing well after my last .25 fill several weeks ago, down 7 pounds. I canceled my appointment for today since he said I didn't need to come in if I am losing weight. I've been seeing him 2 times a month since April so I am going to miss not seeing him. He really makes me feel good about myself and I like seeing the staff.

I live on the Sarasota/Bradenton area and am looking for a buddy to help start my weight loss again. I was banded in 2009, lost 80+ pounds! stayed there for a year , and have been steadily regaining. My surgeon left Florida and I found Dr. Gary Bunch to do fills, he is nice but I do not feel he really wants to help because he didn't do my surgery. I have showed up to several meetings that were scheduled only to fond it had been cancelled. Any one know a good support group and doctor in Sarasota / Bradenton for Laplanders?? Thanks in advance.

I'm in Englewood' date=' South Sarasota County. I have Sarasota Memorial Bariatric Center, Dr. Scott Stevens. I really like the whole team. They do everything to make sure you succeed.[/quote']

Hello Maddysgram,

I am also in the Englewood area, Rotonda actually. I also had my band placed through Sarasota Memorial Hospital Comprehensive Bariatric Program and Dr. Scott Stevens. I am very impressed with Dr. Stevens and the whole program.

My surgery was 15 days ago and I am just beginning this journey to a healthier me.

Just an FYI to anyone that was planning on attending the Support Group Meeting at Bradenton Surgical Group = Dr. Bunch's Office tonight. The meeting has been cancelled. I called to confirm and was told that Ceaaron was updating the Facebook page :(. I'm disappointed because I missed the last one and really needed this one.

Just an FYI to anyone that was planning on attending the Support Group Meeting at Bradenton Surgical Group = Dr. Bunch's Office tonight. The meeting has been cancelled. I called to confirm and was told that Ceaaron was updating the Facebook page :(. I'm disappointed because I missed the last one and really needed this one.

I just called, too! I was looking forward to it, also. I went on a 3 day cruise this past weekend and while I did better than I have in the past, I still came home on the + side. Ugh.

Hello Maddysgram,

I am also in the Englewood area, Rotonda actually. I also had my band placed through Sarasota Memorial Hospital Comprehensive Bariatric Program and Dr. Scott Stevens. I am very impressed with Dr. Stevens and the whole program.

My surgery was 15 days ago and I am just beginning this journey to a healthier me.

You'll do well with Dr. Stevens group. I'd really like to attend the LB support group, but the office keeps referring me to a combo group with by pass patient. They are so LB judgmental, like you won't do as well as gastric, blah blah blah.

Well I still have my whole stomach and I'm happy with my band.lol

Good luck on your journey!

Hi~pretty new to the forum, this is my first post. I live in Bradenton, had surgery 9/24/2013 . Dr. Bunch & Rhoden were my surgeons, and I had surgery at Manatee Memorial. I work at Lakewood Ranch, so Manatee would give me the UHS employee discount. I had a small complication that necessitated an overnight stay and a barium swallow the following morning. I have not been to a support group yet, but I'm reading that they are frequently cancelled. I live in West Bradenton...would love to chat with others from around here. I did everything I was supposed to do, but am kind of feeling like "where do I go from here?" :rolleyes:

You'll do well with Dr. Stevens group. I'd really like to attend the LB support group' date=' but the office keeps referring me to a combo group with by pass patient. They are so LB judgmental, like you won't do as well as gastric, blah blah blah. Well I still have my whole stomach and I'm happy with my band.lol Good luck on your journey![/quote']

I understood there is a lap band specific support group I believe on the third Thursday of each month. It is held in the waiting area of the Bariatric office. Have you ever been to that one?

Hi happymomo,

I haven't been back to this forum for awhile. I was banded in June of 2013 and have to admit I'm struggling in a major way. I hope you've found some success since this post in October. I also had the "where do I go from here" feeling.

Hi~pretty new to the forum, this is my first post. I live in Bradenton, had surgery 9/24/2013 . Dr. Bunch & Rhoden were my surgeons, and I had surgery at Manatee Memorial. I work at Lakewood Ranch, so Manatee would give me the UHS employee discount. I had a small complication that necessitated an overnight stay and a barium swallow the following morning. I have not been to a support group yet, but I'm reading that they are frequently cancelled. I live in West Bradenton...would love to chat with others from around here. I did everything I was supposed to do, but am kind of feeling like "where do I go from here?" :rolleyes:

Hi Everyone,

My name is Valerie; I am the Bariatric Coordinator for Dr. Stelios Rekkas at manatee Surgical Alliance. Dr. Rekkas is a General and Bariatric Surgeon. He is the only surgeon in Manatee County providing the Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery. For more information please feel free to contact me at 941-254-4957 or through my email at

valerie.franks@mmhhs.com

Edited by vfranks

hi how r u feeling after lap band i am having my surgery on 17 scared.!!

My name is saif I am 37 years old! My surgery date is sep02/15 I live in sarasota florida Area! I need weekly motivation and someone that can relate to me! I have no friends that understand the lapband or what I am going throug.!!!

Contact me. @ saifahmed78@gmail.com