Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No gallbladder & banding

Anyone been banded that previously had their gallbladder removed? Just curious if/how it affected you.

Thanks!!

Yep had my gallbladder out a year before getting the band..didn't change or complicate anything

different: was 6 mos post op and had to have my gallbladder removed, have my good days of regular and then days of diarrhea just depends. Can never tell. Glad the pain and nausea are gone tho.

I had mine out a few years before my lap band and have no problems!

I had mine out 15 years ago... no problems at all. I can eat anything except rice and apple skins and no carbonated beverages.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 156 lbs

So glad to hear that no one is having complications :) I had mine out in 2005 and will be banded in about 3 weeks :) Thanks for your input!!

yes i had mine removed about 9 yrs ago

no issues what so ever in regards to having the surgery or not.

I had my gallbladder removed in 2001. I don't think that there was that much of a problem. I have maybe 1 or 2 extra tiny scars on my abs area!

Actually, I think having no gall bladder when going in for surgery might be an advantage. My surgeon routinely prescribes medication after surgery to prevent gall stones from forming, since rapid weight loss can cause them and he doesn't want to have to do emergency gall bladder removal so soon after the band placement surgery!

I had mine out 3 months prior to being banded. My ejection fraction was very low when I was having right sided pain and a lot of nausea. He thought it was due

to the weight I lost during my six month preop dieting phase. Only problem that I have is Constipation which I never had prior to that surgery. And I still have it on occasion since being banded.

I had my gallbladder removed on my one year bandiversary. I was not planning on celebrating my first anniversary by an ER trip and admission to the same hospital where I was banded.

Has my gall bladder removed same day as my band was put in. Recovery sucked. I'm happy it is out because a lot of people have to have it removed after the surgery. No complications:)

Many people who lose a lot of weight have to have their gall bladder removed. So be happy yours is already gone!

Had mine out Marcd 2011 ... The band had no effect on me